05

Her first love

Suddenly, someone’s hand landed on her shoulder and his caused her clenched her fist in defense as she turned around to find out who it was.

 

“Annyeong, Chanyeol imnida.” Chanyeol held out his hand.

“Jieun imnida.” Jieun too held out her hand and shook his.

“You’re so special jieun-ssi. Can we be friends?” Chanyeol asked politely.

Jieun hasn’t had any male friends since elementary school.

She wasn’t sure if she should accept Chanyeol as her friend, especially when he is friends with Jongin.

“Sure Jieun would be your friend!” Suzy went to Jieun and said.

“Guys! Come over here! We have new friends now” Chanyeol waved to the boys in the corner and they quickly got over.

“I’m sure we’ve met during the group activities earlier right. These are my best friends!” Chanyeol pointed to the 5 other boys.

Kai was shocked by Chanyeol’s gestures.

‘Didn’t I told them to leave jieun alone? Aish, what is chanyeol going to do now…’ Kai thought as he gave Chanyeol a do-you-want-to-die glare.

 

“Should we go to the café across the streets? I’ve always wanted to go there!” Baekhyun suggested.

“Let’s go! I was just telling jieun about going there!” Suzy said enthusiastically.

“Suzy!” Jieun wanted to stop Suzy but it was too late.

“Let’s go then!” Baekhyun said.

And so, all 8 of them headed to the café and got themselves a long table to fit all of them.

Somehow, Kai and Jieun were seated opposite of each other.

Suzy and the other boys were chatting happily while only jieun and kai kept silent.

They were fully concentrated on their food.

‘What’s wrong with these 2? Jieun is obviously avoiding eye contacts with Kai. Is there something going on between them? I must find out!’ Chanyeol thought.

 

 

For a week, it was their orientation program.

Jieun avoided Kai at all cost.

If she were to meet him at the corridor, she would turn around quickly and run away.

None of Kai’s friends knew what was happening between them and they were all eager to find out.

 

 

Finally, the first weekend after school started.

As a tradition of her elementary school grade 6 class, the first weekend is always a class reunion for them.

However, for the few years in middle school, jieun had refused to attend any one of them.

She didn’t want to see Jongin, didn’t want to be reminded of the past.

But this year, she decided to go meet them.

 

 

“Jieun-ah! You finally came!” Jiyeon greeted her with a hug as she stepped in the restaurant.

“Wow, this is your first time here at out class gathering huh?” Daehyun said.

“Jieunnie! I missed you so much!” Jiyeon said as she tightened the hug.

“Oh? Jongin is here too?” Wooyoung said as he noticed a figure stepping in the restaurant.

“Wow, for so many years you 2 didn’t attend our gatherings and now you’re attending together?” Daehyun asked.

‘Jongin didn’t attend too?’ Jieun was confused.

“Jieun-ah, are you still a couple with jongin?” jiyeon asked as she loosened her grip.

“What do you mean? We were never a couple.” Jieun said.

Jiyeon’s jaw dropped. She was too shock to hear this.

“You didn’t know?!” Jiyeon exclaimed.

Jieun just shook her head lightly.

“Come over here!” jiyeon pulled her away from the rest while Jongin just looked at them and took a seat.

 

“Yah! Didn’t Jongin confess to you?” Jiyeon asked as she pulled her to another table.

“Why would he?” Jieun was confused again.

“Pabo, he likes you!” Jiyeon told her.

“H-he likes… me?!” Jieun was surprised.

She didn’t expect jiyeon to tell her that.

“That day during the barbeque, he told me that he was going to confess to you! Isn’t it a dream come true for you?!” Jiyeon said.

“Confess to me?! I didn’t know!” Jieun said.

“Yah! What was he thinking? I even told him to last long with you!” Jiyeon said.

“B-but I thought that day… you seemed sad and depressed!” Jieun said.

“What has me got to do with the both of you?” Jiyeon asked.

“I thought that maybe you found out that I liked him and that could have gotten you sad. I even saw you harming yourself that night!” jieun explained.

“I wasn’t sad because of that! It was because my parents called me and said that they are going to file for a divorce! I just couldn’t face the truth for a moment.” Jiyeon recalled.

“So… do you mean that… you were sad not because of Jongin?” Jieun asked.

“Pabo jieun-ah! Don’t tell me you gave up on Jongin because of that?!” Jiyeon asked.

“Y-yeah… I even texted Jongin that night and told him that I don’t like him anymore… and he too don’t like me”Jieun said.

Jieun then continued sharing her story and how she felt.

“Aish pabo pabo pabo! Even if that’s true, how can you give up on your crush for 3 years! You’re making me feel guilty!” Jiyeon jumped up and said.

“Aish, it’s all in the past now. Jongin must have gotten over me.” Jieun said.

“Nonono! It’s my fault! I will help you explain to Jongin!” Jiyeon then stomped back to their table and tried to get everyone’s attention.

 

“Everyone of class 6-3 listen up!” Jiyeon shouted and all eyes were immediately on her.

“I have to clear a misunderstanding that has been around for so many years!” Jiyeon announced.

“Jiyeon-ah stop! It’s all the past already!” Jieun tried to stop her.

“No, I can’t let myself be the reason that you and jongin aren’t together!” Jiyeon fights back.

“Jiyeon? Jieun? What’s going on?” Jongin stood up from his seat and asked.

“Whatever happened 4 years ago at the party, it was a misunderstanding!” Jiyeon shouted.

(I don’t know how many years of middle school they have XD)