04

Her first love

Throughout the whole morning, jieun wasn’t able to concentrate on anything.

Since it was the first day of school, everyone was directed to the school hall to attend some talks and then an orientation program.

Could it be fate?

Their class was separated into 4 groups and unfortunately, Jongin and Jieun were in the same group along with suzy and Jongin’s friends.

All Jieun wanted at that moment was for the day to end so she can go home and not see his face.

 

“Annyeong! I’m Yoseob! Year 2 student here in Seoul High School and I’ll be your facil throughout this orientation program!” a guy introduced himself.

“Now, can we have a round of introductions first? Starting from you?” Yoseob pointed to the girl on his left which was suzy.

“Annyeong, Suzy imnida! I enjoy singing and dancing! Really hope I can become good friends with all of you!” Suzy introduced herself and it earned some applause from the group.

“Next ?” Yoseob looked at me.

“Annyeong, Lee Jieun imnida.” Jieun introduced herself.

“Come on, talk abit more! Tell us your hobbies and more!” Yoseob tried to convince Jieun to do so but she simply refuses.

“Too shy to talk? It’s ok, let’s continue!” And so, the introduction continued.

As the members were introducing themselves, they got to know that the guys that Jongin was hanging out with were Suho, Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

 

“Annyeong, Kim Jongin imnida. But please call me Kai. That’s what all my friends call me.” Kai introduced.

Jieun tried to avoid all eye contact with him. As much as possible.

During the introduction round, Jieun has promised herself that she is not going to talk or have any contact with Jongin for any reason throughout the whole school term but it failed terribly.

The next segment of the orientation program was a couple game and Jieun got paired up with Kai since they were sitting directly opposite of each other.

 

The game planned was to have each couple tied together by the leg and balloons would be connected to their ankles.

They would have to go around stepping on everyone’s balloon and the last team left would be the winner.

 

After yoseob explained the rules of the game, jieun moved towards Kai unwillingly.

“Long time no see Jieun-ah.” Kai said while Jieun remained silent and just nodded her head lightly.

Throughout the game, both of them remained silent and it was quite funny to see that as everyone were screaming and shouting except them.

“Kai mian!” Chanyeol apologized as he stepped on the last balloon on Kai’s ankle.

With that, the 2 of them were disqualified.

They then proceed to sit at the side while watching the others using all their might to reach for the others’ balloons.

 

For a couple of times, Kai had wanted to start a conversation with Jieun but he just couldn’t.

Kai just wasn’t brave enough to talk to her and so, they just remained silent until the game ended.

 

 

“The game was so tiring! Glad that we won though!” Suzy and Chanyeol were the winner for the game.

As soon as the game ended, Suzy went back to beside Jieun and sat down.

“Jieun-ah what’s wrong? You got paired up with Jongin right? Why didn’t you talk to him?” Suzy asked.

“I…I still don’t know how to face him…” Jieun said.

“Come on, maybe it was a misunderstand! Maybe your jiyeon friend was just troubled about other things and not about Jongin!” Suzy said.

“I…” Jieun didn’t know what to show.

“Aish, I don’t know!” Jieun exclaimed and buried her face in her hands.

 

 

“Kai-ah! Why are you sitting alone here?” Chanyeol approach him and sat down.

“All thanks to you I was eliminated so quickly.” Kai said.

“That jieun girl looks quite cute, didn’t you try to talk to her?” Sehun asked.

“She’s actually err…” Kai mumbled.

“What? You know her?” Sehun asked.
“No. I mean yes. But errr…” Kai didn’t know how to explain to them.

“What are you trying to say? It’s the first time we see you behave like this.” Sehun said.

“Our almighty Kai is nervous in front of a girl. Wow, this is a rare occasion! I must get to know that girl.” Baekhyun .

“Guys, just… leave her alone.” Kai said.

What the others said were true.

Kai is usually the ‘bad guy’ and he could get any girl he wanted.

He would usually flirt around the girls and this was the first time they saw him all quiet beside a girl.

Especially when jieun is so pretty and cute.

 

After the game, everyone was then directed back to their classes as they are going to be introduced to their homeroom teacher.

 

So, the teacher entered the class and talked to them about some class rules and what to look out for in school.

At the blink of an eye, first day of school was over.

The students then began to pack up their things and jieun was especially fast.

It’s obvious that she really want to get away from Jongin.

“Jieun-ah, want to visit the café just across the road? I heard it’s pretty good!” Suzy suggested.

“Sure, just let me pack first so we can get out of here quickly.” Jieun quickly threw her stationery into the bag and carried her bag, ready to rush out.

Suddenly, someone’s hand landed on her shoulder and his caused her clenched her fist in defense as she turned around to find out who it was.

 

 

 


Hello guys! Regarding that 'rejected', im so sorry to say that it is only me who used a wrong word. There's nothing hidden behind that.

So sorry! 

And if anyone's wondering, the short 'history' that i wrote for jieun and kai is actually my real story.

And yeah, jieun is me XD

But anything that happens after grade six is not related to me anymore. 

Hope you guys enjoy!