Chapter 7

One Minute Back

“Hyung, Zitao is…” the boy paused in thought. “…scaring the babies.

The blonde sighs before ruffling the boy’s dark locks. “Thank you for letting me know, Wufan.

Minho’s ears pick up the change of tongue as the woman pulls him closer to where her son and Xing were once sitting.

Tell Zitao that if he doesn’t stop,” he watches the man place a hand on his shoulder. As the man leans closer, Minho can feel his curiosity get the best of him so he continues listening to the conversation. His eyes trained on the blonde man comforting the smaller of the two.

From the corner of his eye though, he watches as small legs carry themselves to the blonde haired man. 

Ba.” Minho’s eyebrows furrow when he hears the words slip from Xing's mouth. "Ba.

This time the man freezes and tilts his head "Wufan?

The boy looks at him with narrowed brows before shaking his head, "Um, Hyung?" the smaller looks around the man before a small smile graces his features.

Minho watches as the boy, puts his hands on the blonde’s cheeks. Effectively turning him to come face to face with Xing. His mouth opens yet nothing escapes as the sweetest smile curves it's way onto the blondes lips...

 

 

Minho can’t help it. Ever since their earlier moment... His instincts tell him to follow behind the man without a doubt. Clearly without a reason. He knew that he had to get Xing. Yet, still all he chose to do was just to follow. 

He feels like a puppy yet can’t help not minding it. Unconsciously his hands reach out, but instead of grabbing Xing, he grasps the man's hand. Much like a small child does when they feel scared or lost. And right now he feels so much like that eight year old child that had to hide in his room from a drunken mother.

After the man motioned for him to follow, he couldn’t deny it. The drops of rain coming down faster and heavier. When he looks for Kyungsoo’s mother and the rest of the boys, he can’t help but find them gone. 

But the man says nothing. Just lets his gaze linger on their now intertwined fingers before letting a small curl of lips light up his features again. When Minho realizes that he unconciously grabbed the man's hand he softly pulls his away. A blush lightly dusting his cheeks.

Then, he has to open his mouth, and Minho swears that his heart stopped at that moment.

The man, apparently having sensed his distress, turns to face Minho, a gentle smile covering his features. “Don’t worry,” he leans his head against Xing’s, which gets a giggle out of the smaller “they’re going to be fine.” 

His voice. Why does it sound like the loveliest melody? Like a lullaby. 

This man, that he's never met before... makes him feel so... he's reminded of a simpler time. 

His skin is smooth. Like the petals of a freshly bloomed rose. Tender with innocence yet still strong and unbreakable. 

His mouth is perfect. Full yet delicate. Soft yet rough. 

His eyes are brown. No, not just brown. You know when you leave chocolate in the heat, when the first rays of the burning sun hit it? That pureness that's still so thick with taste instead of rotten dreams and spoilt desires. If you know exactly what I’m talking about then you should know the feeling that follows.

Minho can't help but sigh at the sound of his rapidly beating heart. He felt like such he was in a romance novel.

Still, the man just reminds him of an easier time. A happier and much more united time.

A soft smile reaches Minho’s features, his thoughts wandering to a peaceful time. A time that he was only a child that looked through rose colored glasses. Lying in a bed of freshly bloomed Camellia’s as the sun’s rays would kiss his skin. A time when he was only a child and all he had to do was smile as the smell of freshly bloomed Camilla's brushed against his skin. A time when he would be as free as any other child. Just run around for hours in a make believe world.

When Minho opens his eyes, he’s back at the park. The man still standing in front of him. A soft curl of lips making Minho's legs feel like mush.

The man pulls an umbrella from his bag. With a sleepy gaze Xing lays his head on the man's shoulder. One hand clutching the mans shirt the other curled so that it rests between their chests. 

"I'm sorry but," the man's voice grabs Minho's attention again "Would you?" The blonde motions to the umbrella.

With a hesitant hand he grabs the man's umbrella, fingers gently touching. Minho watches as their fingers brush against each other and the umbrella springs open. Raindrops falling in a pattern against his skin.

The man steps beneath the open arms of dryness before turning to Minho. His head tilted to the left as his mouth turns into a pout.

Minho blinks twice before snapping out of his trance. "Oh, I'm sorry. I... I just came to get Xing."

"Xing?" 

At the sound of his name, a whimper leaves the smaller's form. The man softly ruffles the boy's curls and glimmer in his eyes "So your the one that found Yixing?"

He hesitates a moment before placing a hand on the smallers shoulder, "Xing. Isn't that his name?"

The blonde man laughs "Well, not really...it's more of a nickname than anything else."  

Minho just stares at the sleeping boy, eyes blinking in confusion. "A nickname?"

"Oh, did you think it was his name name?"

As if in a trance, Minho absently nods his head. Causing the shorter to chuckle and Minho swears he's never heard a sweeter sound.

"Yeah, we get that alot. So dont worry about it."

Another smile is sent his way. Suddenly Minho gets this aching feeling that wants him to make the man laugh. To hear that long forgotten sound of laughter. The sound that he's sure he's been missing his whole life.

But why? It's not like their best friends or anything. Heck, he doesn't even know the guy.

"Come on, your going to get sick if you stay out here." Minho's thoughts are stopped for a moment. The man infront of him, now cradling a snoring Xing, another hand outstrectched towards him. "Come on." He motions one more time "The daycare should be ready by now."

He doesn't know why...but when he looked into the blonde's eyes...he knew that they'd met before. There was something hidden behind those deep brown eyes. Hidden behind the growing smile. 

Minho takes one last look at the mans hand before finally taking it in his grasp.

The growing warmth that filled his body made him that much sure. They had met before.

And it hadn't been a simple coincedence...