Chapter 8

One Minute Back

"Im so sorry for all of this."

The hand around his own is so warm.

"Ive been wondering where he's been for the last couple of days."

So foriegn yet, at the same time, so familiar.

"For a couple of....days?.."

But the man continues on as if he hasn't heard Minho. Maybe he hasn't... but the sound of crackling silence is intent on proving him wrong.

"But he's safe and not a scratch on him so..." he tightens his grip on Minho's hand "Thank you."

When Minho opens the front door of the small building, there are a chorus of "hyung!" filling the air before both can even walk through the door. They go running to him, arms open wide but before they get too close the blonde makes a motion to Xing. "Sshh. He fell asleep."

At this moment Minho realizes that his hand is still grasped within the others. A rush travels from his toes to his cheeks and he can feel the blood boiling in his body.

"Hyung, where did you find Xing?" Minho watches as the boys from earlier, Wufan and Kyungsoo step forward, hand in hand. Which in turn makes Minho realize that he should release the man's hand before anyone mentions something.

The man smiles "Well, I didn't really find him."

He turns to Minho and before he can stop himself, he says his name. "M-Minho." He looks into that sweet gaze and he can feel his throat constrict. "My name is Minho."

"Thank you again, Minho." The man sends him a smile that reaches his eyes. "My name is, Onew."

Balancing Xing on his left arm, the man sticks out his hand. He takes the man's hand again but this time only for a split second before, Onew, has Xing crowded in his arms again.

"Hyung, can you please tell Kyungsoo that your not leaving again?" The taller of the two boys pointedly sends a look to the smaller at his side. "He was about to start crying again"

Minho can't help but smile at the scene. He's reminded of a big brother caring for his younger brother. Kyungsoo though, shakes his head as his hands grasp Wufan's shirt "No, it's not true!"

The blonde, Onew, sends him a look before shaking his head. Tears pooling in round eyes, even though Kyungsoo’s words said otherwise.

The man, Onew, turns to Minho a pleading look visible in the pool of brown. And without a hint of hesitation, Minho grabs Xing from the man's grasp. He watches as Onew kneels down to Kyungsoo’s height and without a single hint of doubt the boy wraps his arms around the man's neck. "Hyung!"

Sniffles are heard and Minho catches the twitch of Wufan's hand that goes to reach the boy's head. Yet as his hand gets closer a clatter is heard and Minho's attention is drawn to a raven haired boy standing a few feet away from them.

"H-hyung?!" The boy moves closer to the Onew and a his earlier smile is replaced with shock. "I thought you werent-"

Onew pulls Kyungsoo away gently, leading him back to Wufan's side. "Take him to the nursery would you?"

With a quick nod the older grabs the smaller's hand and pats him on the head with the other. "Come on, lets go check on Jae." Minho watches the two walk off, Wufan continuously patting the tearful boy's head.

"Hyung, I didn't know you'd be here already I swear! If I'd known-" the boy goes on his knees, fingers picking up the folders he'd dropped.

"Tae." The blonde motions for the boy to come over. "It's fine. As long as your not causing trouble."

The raven haired boy bows his head slightly but Minho still catches the faint trail of crimson on his cheeks.

He doesn't really know why. Maybe it's just the awkwardness that he feels just standing there. Or the uncomfortable way he feels his heart constrict in his chest. But either way, he clears his throat. Not a soft clear of the throat but a heavy deep chest heaving cough.

Both the boys turn to face Minho. The raven haired boy looks at him with clear suspicion. "Hyung, who's this?"

Onew turns back to Minho, a smile on his features.

 

 

Minho can hear laughter coming from the other side of the door. Shuffling and alot of yelling. He knows he shouldn't just walk in but they've been there for over an hour. The wait was getting him anxious and he wanted to see his lover already.

"Hyung! You can come in now!"

"No dont! Minho it's a trap!"

He hears the words a moment too late though, because his hands have already pushed the door wide open. He immediately starts looking for his lover. His eyes only find the cousins hovering around a girl. A girl?

Minho's attention though is diverted to the two cousins who he let abduct his lover. Minho narrows his eyes as he stares them both down "What were you two doing? You better not have hurt-"

"Hey, calm down lover boy." The rainbow haired boy snickers "We were just fixing up your date.."

"Yeah Minho, we just wanted her to look pretty for the occasion."The youngest tries to hide his laugh behind his hand but it doesn't stop from chuckles escaping. Not that he was really trying to hide them.

"What the hell is so funny?" The figure sitting down with her back to him clears . "And why is-"

"Would you guys stop talking about me as if I'm not here?" The girl stands, her hands on her hips "If you were going to try and hide it, you should ve just put a blind fold on him."

That voice.

"E-Eunsook?"

Brown locks turn towards him as brown orbs lock on his own. Those eyes. "You know, what with this being our last date. You could've had the decency to be on time!"

Those lips.

The perfect being before him sighs, shoulders slouching "Ah, well, atleast you came." She bows her head "And...you did save me from getting makeup put on."

The older of the cousin's eyes widen "Dammit, I knew I forgot something!"

"So...Thank you." She looks up at him through her bangs "I guess you are...my savior."

"Yeah, savior my . He's the one that-"

The oldest clasps a hand over his cousins mouth "can't you see their having a moment?"

Minho can only stare as she walks past him. Eyes closed in accomplishment. Lips curved into a smirk. Hair flowing down her back to rest across swinging hips.

She stops at the bedroom door. "And if any one of you thinks of planning another one of these little makeovers." She turns to glare at all three of them. Two of them swallowed hard, while one was lost in a dream world. "There will be no more homemade chicken meals for you."

The youngest smacks his cousins hand away "Homemade? You buy that chicken from the store across the street!"

"Whatever." She turns back to the doorway "Are we clear?"

Both of the boys hesitate a moment before finally giving in. So with one last look behind her she slams the door shut.

"Well that was..." The rainbow haired boy laughed "lovely."

"Yeah...isn't he?" Minho sighs and the cousins can see a memory occupying his thoughts.

"Hey hyung, I'm gonna go watch the Manchester United game. Wanna come with?"

"Yeah, you go ahead."

"Wow, he's really lost his mind."

"No sweetie." The older ruffles the younger's hair "He's just found love."

The two leave Minho behind, not that the boy would've noticed even if they said something. With a soft smile on his features he keeps repeating the same phrase over and over. The taste of them on his lips, overwhelming. "Savior... she called me her savior..." he clutches his chest "'My savior.'"

 

 

Onew turns back to Minho, a smile on his features. "This is," His eyes lock with Minho's "my savior."