White Day III

Mark Tuan: New Adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV:

You hear a snicker, "Do you even know where we're going?" Marks words bring you out of the deep concentration that you were in. You turn to face him and see a mocking smile on his face. Or what you though was a mocking smile. You couldn't be so sure. Honestly, everything was looking a little fuzzy since you were so focused. You didn't notice how hard you were concentrating on the subway map.

"Patience young one". You lead the way. God you hoped this was the right direction. You were pretty much directionally challenged. You prayed that today of all days, you won't get lost. That would be totally embarrassing.

You turn to see if Mark is behind you. You notice that his head is downward and he turned his Snapback forward to cover most of his face .... He must not be having a good time.

We'll, it's time to change that because Angie's First Adventure is guaranteed to be unforgettable. 

Marks POV:

We finally stop in front of Subway Line #7. There's a lot more people in this subway stop than I expected. Much more that normal.... Not like I would know, since it’s my first time using the subway.... But there are defiantly a lot of people.

I scan the crowed of commuters and notice that a young girl looking at me with a puzzled face. Did she recognize me? I quickly look down and turn my Snapback. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the girl walk away. That was a close one.

"You see that guy over there with the yellow dress shirt" -- your whispering voice surprised me. More than I like to admit.

You turn to look at the guy she was taking about. He was a middle aged man who was sweating profusely.

"You see, he's a professional competitive eater and is coming home for a competition. The food was chilly dogs. And even though he choked those dogs like he never did before, it still wasn't enough" You shook your head dramatically in pity while you held the bridge of your nose. It was cute. “And now all he is left with is explosive diarrhea from the chilly dogs…”

 

You choked on the air, surprised by what you just said. Explosive diarrhea? “WHAT?!” You are the first girl I have ever met to just openly talk about diarrhea like that.

 

At that moment, I really look at the man again. I notice that he sweating even more now (if possible) and can’t seem to stay still. Like magic, as you snapped your fingers *snap* the man went bolting to the public bathroom.

 

I can’t hide the look of surprise on my face “Lucky guess.”

 

“Its not luck…. It’s a skill. Sometimes a blessing, but sometimes a curse.” You could be such a drama queen sometimes.

 

“Ok then, how about that girl?” You point to a woman with a poke-a-dot umbrella.

 

“Her?.... Hmmmm lets see…. She’s a single thirty-year-old woman. Her mother has been pestering her about getting married, telling her her prime time for marriage is almost coming to an end. So they went to the fortuneteller to get their fortunes told. The shaman said that if she carried around that umbrella for a month, she will find her soul mate within this year.”

 

“That’s an interesting story. Very elaborate, but you’re wrong.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Yea… She’s not your typical thirty-year-old woman. In reality she is a professional assassin. She has been in the business since she was 10 and now she wants out. But she still has a lot of enemies, so she carries that umbrella. But it’s not really just an umbrella. It’s a sword masked as an umbrella. Sure it can protect her from the rain… but **BAM** with a click of a button it can also protect her from ruthless blood thirsty assassins.”

 

From the stunned look on your face, I realized this was the most I have every said in front of you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter