Despite Our Differences

Sisterhood

 

 

 

Sooyoung woke up first. She looked at Yuri and remembered what Taeyeon had told her the night before.

 

-"Look Sooyoung, you have to do something about it. You can't be constantly suffering because of this"

 

She wondered what she should do? Was telling the truth the most simple way to finish it? It was but telling a person that has lived with you all your life and that you pratically consider your best friend and...sister. Telling that person that you love them, love them more than just that kind of sibling bond you shared it's not so easy. Sooyoung took a shower dressed and left. She needed to leave early she didn't want to be there when Yuri woke up. It would be. Awkward. She got inside the train and looked to the city's passing skyline. She trully didn't know how to say it but she needed to say it. Taeyeon was right and she was only suffering more by doing this to herself. Yuri woke up, she extended her arm...empty bed eh? Yuri knew why Sooyoung left she remembered what Sooyoung had done last night...Kiss. Stealing kisses from her now eh? Yuri only guessed that made them even since she was to blame for the same crime. 

 

Awww what's taking her so long? Just confess to Yuri already....She would accept your feelings unconditionally.

 

Sooyoung hurry up

 

Yuri got up, took a shower and went out. Off to the bakery. She wondered if she should talk to Sunny. Or maybe Seohyun? Eh!? Seohyun. No she would probably give her some kind of innocent deep response she wouldn't be able to understand. Yuri sat on the train...was Sooyoung going to tell her already. She didn't want to be the one to say it...Somehow...she felt like Sooyoung should do it. It's not like she has realized her feelings that long ago anyways. Still she also loved Sooyoung. But Sooyoung was always more courageous than her. Even though Yuri was older, Sooyoung always had acted as the big sister, she was always more of an adult...

 

Sooyoung went to the restaurant. She had indeed come early. Only Tiffany sat in one of the tables, she was probably going through some accounting. Tiffany looked up to find a worried face Sooyoung. She frowned and looked at the tall girl. She knew exactly what was bugging her.

 

-"Soo" Tiffany greeted.

 

-"Hello..." Sooyoung muttered as she sat across Tiffany.

 

-"You okay?" Tiffany said as she put down her papers and took off her reading glasses.

 

-"I'm...fine" Sooyoung said hesitantly.

 

-"Humm, don't lie to me Sooyoung. I know you're not. You see, Taeyeon told me everything about your little conversation yesterday" Tiffany said.

 

-"She did huh..." Sooyoung said.

 

-"The truth is...Taeyeon's right I need to do something about it but the truth is that. I don't know what to do" Sooyoung said as she put her head on the table.

 

-"I think I'll just quit" Sooyoung said.

 

-"What?! Oh no tall lady you are seriously not quiting" Tiffany said.

 

-"Why shouldn't I? I'm a failure" Sooyoung said.

 

Suddenly someone hit Sooyoung's head.

 

-"Yah! What the hell are you talking about? What? Quit? Oh no not as long as I'm alive on this earth miss" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Owwwn" Sooyoung said in pain.

 

-"You will go talk to Yuri and you go do it right now" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Exactly what I was thinking" Tiffany said while she smiled.

 

-"What? But the restaurant. The kitchen." Sooyoung was saying.

 

-"Oh don't worry I don't need you to day. We won't have much movement anyways" Hyoyeon said as she came.

 

-"What?! Aish~ Why are you guys doing this to me?" Sooyoung said flustered.

 

-"Yeah, so basically you will go and as of...right now" Tiffany said.

 

-"Taeyeon, take my car you still know where that bakery is right?" Tiffany asked.

 

-"Yes" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Good, take her there" Tiffany said as she sent both girls off.

 

 

Yuri entered the bakery. Oh? Sunny still hasn't started service? Was Seohyun not here yet? Suddenly Sunny appeared.

 

-"Oh, Hey Yul~" Sunny said.

 

-"Don't call me that you know that-" Yuri was saying.

 

-"Yes, yes only Sooyoung can call you that" Sunny said.

 

-"Where's Seohyun?" Yuri asked.

 

-"She's running late again" Sunny said.

 

-"Plus today I'll open up later. You two will have to take care of things while I'm gone okay" Sunny said.

 

-"Oh? Sure, sure" Yuri said.

 

Sunny looked at her, she noticed that something was bothering Yuri.

 

-"What's wrong? Something not good?" Sunny said.

 

-"I...I actually wanted to talk to you Sunny" Yuri said.

 

-"Talk to me? Sure, shoot then" Sunny said as she leaned against the counter.

 

-"You know about me and Sooyoung right?" Yuri said.

 

-"Yes, you were orphans and you've been living together ever since" Sunny said.

 

-"Yes...the thing is..." Yuri said.

 

-"The thing is?" Sunny asked.

 

-"I found out Sooyoung likes me. And not like a sister, like...more than that you know" Yuri said.

 

-"Ah, I see. Well I guess I was right ever since you introduced Sooyoung here on the shop. I could see it in her eyes" Sunny said.

 

-"She's been having those feelings for quite some time now. One can see it on her expression. You know, when she looks at you" Sunny said.

 

Yuri only looked at Sunny and nodded.

 

-"So do you feel the same?" Sunny asked.

 

-"I do, I do, I really love her. But...I don't have the courage to tell her, so I'm waiting for her to confess to me" Yuri said.

 

-"You pabo. You're only making her suffer more" Sunny said as she playfully hit Yuri's head.

 

-"Am I? Sunny, what should I do?" Yuri asked.

 

-"Just tell her that you know how she feels and that you feel the same for her" Sunny said.

 

-"Unnies, hello" Seohyun said as she came in.

 

-"Ah, Seo, Hello" Sunny said.

 

-"Hey, Seo" Yuri said.

 

-"Sunny, unnie there's someone here to see you" Seohyun said.

 

-"Ah, she's here already" Sunny said.

 

-"Who?" Yuri asked.

 

A beautiful girl entered the bakery and smiled.

 

-"Hello, my name is Jessica nice to meet you" She said.

 

-"Sica~" Sunny said with aegyo as she hugged Jessica.

 

-"Girls, this is Jessica Jung my girlfriend" Sunny said.

 

Yuri and Seohyun looked at her dumbfounded.

 

-"Your what now?" Yuri asked.

 

-"She's my girlfriend" Sunny said.

 

-"Oh, I'm sorry nice to meet you Jessica" Yuri said.

 

-"Nice to meet you unnie" Seohyun said.

 

-"Ah, Yuri and Seohyun right?" Jessica said.

 

-"Sunny told me a lot about you" Jessica said.

 

-"Let's go~" Sunny said.

 

-"Behave while I'm gone kids. Take care of the shop" Sunny said as she waved her hand in goodbye.

 

Yuri thought about Sunny's words. Maybe she should tell Sooyoung the truth. Indeed it seemed like she was only hurting her. And, she didn't want that.

Seohyun and Yuri opened the shop and started working. A few clients were already there few minutes after Sunny left.

 

-"Yah! Buy roses" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Don't be picky with the damm flowers. It's not like you're marrying plus roses are the international message for "I love you" " Taeyeon said.

 

-"Okay, okay. I'll buy the roses" Sooyoung said as she asked the florist to get her some.

 

They paid and left the flower shop.

Taeyeon and Sooyoung got inside the car. The bakery was only a couple blocks ahead. Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung seriously.

 

-"Don't be nervous. Just say what you got to say" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Problem is that I don't know what to say" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Don't worry the words will come" Taeyeon said as she turned up the engine and drove off.

 

Yuri was on cashier duty. She welcomed the customers with her bright smile and helped them get what they wanted. Seohyun was inside. Yuri could only think about what to say to Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon stopped the car in front of the bakery.

 

-"Here we are" Taeyeon said.

 

Sooyoung looked at the bakery. Through the windows she could see Yuri attending to some customers.

 

-"Go, go now" Taeyeon said as she patted Sooyoung's shoulder.

 

-"Sooyoung, it's now or never" Taeyeon said.

 

-"I know" Sooyoung said as she opened the door and got off. Taeyeon followed her closely behind. Sooyoung went inside the bakery while Taeyeon stayed outside.

 

Yuri was just finishing with some customers when she noticed a familiar figure walk inside.

Sooyoung...she's here? Her arm behind her back what is she hiding?

 

Sooyoung walked to the cashier counter.

 

-"Yuri..." Sooyoung muttered.

 

-"Can we talk?" She said with apparent nervousness in her voice.

 

-"Yes, yes but just for a few minutes" Yuri said.

 

-"It's all I need" Sooyoung said.

 

Yuri came from behind the counter and stood in front of Sooyoung her look worried.

 

-"Something wrong? What happened?" Yuri said. She was slowly getting a sense of what Sooyoung was doing here.

 

-"I-I need to tell you something..." Sooyoung said.

 

-"Yuri, the truth is that-" Sooyoung was saying when Yuri's finger shushed her.

 

-"I know what you are going to say, I feel the same for you" Yuri said, Sooyoung's eyes automatically lit with a unknown light.

 

-"I love you Sooyoung" Yuri said as she removed her finger and kissed Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung kissed her back and they could feel each other smiling.

 

-"I told you it wasn't that hard" Taeyeon said as she came inside.

 

-"Hello Yuri" She said.

 

-"Oh, Taeyeon, hello" Yuri said.

 

-"Yuri this idiot here was afraid of confessing to you, when it was clear that you were waiting for her to tell something" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Yah! I'm not a idiot" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Unnie! You are...at times" Seohyun said.

 

-"Seo~" Sooyoung said as she hugged Seohyun.

 

-"So what now?" Sooyoung said as she turned to Yuri.

 

-"What now? Well now we just live like we have until now. No difference. Instead of sisters, we are lovers now" Yuri said.

 

-"So what's the difference?" Sooyoung said.

 

-"The difference is that I get to do these kinds of things" Yuri said as she deeply kissed Sooyoung.

 

 

THE END

 

 

 

Thank You Everyone

 

감사합니다

 

Sincerely 

 

Trane658