Wishful Thinking

Sisterhood

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Yuri looked at each other then back at the girls that just came inside their house. It was clear yet their were dumbfounded to see it.

Sooyoung came closer and looked at their hands closely intertwined. 

 

-"How long?" Sooyoung asked.

 

-"Well..." Taeyeon was saying.

 

-"2 months" Tiffany said.

 

-"How? Why?" Sooyoung asked.

 

Yuri just watched her sister interrogate the guests from afar as she noticed their intertwined hands, she looked at their faces. You could clearly see that they were in love. Yuri looked at Sooyoung. Could one day they be like that?....

Yuri couldn't do anything else but just think about it, think about all the happiness that could come. In the end a relationship with Sooyoung didn't seem like anything more than just a fiction written in her thoughts.

 

How could they be together so happily? Yuri envied them. Not a "mean" envy but a kind of innocent one.

Sooyoung stayed still as her friends told her the story of how they had fallen in love and of how Taeyeon had been brave enough to tell Tiffany the truth about her feelings. Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung who was lost in thought. She signaled Tiffany to go and distract Yuri.

 

 

-"Look Sooyoung I know you like Yuri it's not something that I already don't know of" Taeyeon said as she looked deep in Sooyoung's eyes.

 

-"Wait. What? How? When?" Sooyoung questioned.

 

Taeyeon laughed.

 

-"Look it's easy to see" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Why haven't you told her how you feel?" Taeyeon asked.

 

-"Because we have this amazing bond as Sisters and friends and the last thing I want is to scare Yuri away and end up with nothing" Sooyoung said.

 

-"I see..." Taeyeon said.

 

-"Indeed it's more complicated" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Yeah I know all about it" Sooyoung said.

 

-"I don't know Soo, I still think you should tell her the truth" Taeyeon said as she looked at Tiffany who was talking to Yuri.

 

-"It's the best thing you can do" She said.

 

-"I'm sure it is" Sooyoung said as she looked at Yuri.

 

-"Look Sooyoung, you have to do something about it. You can't be constantly suffering because of this" Taeyeon said as she grabbed Sooyoung's hands.

 

-"I know, but...it's too complicated" Sooyoung said as she looked down.

 

The girls sat on the table and ate dinner, they talked and laughed, it was a funny and relaxing dinner. Sooyoung couldn't stop looking at Yuri and Yuri would often steal glances at Sooyoung too. So close and yet so far one can think. They have the same feelings but yet the fear of losing one another is what doesn't let them be together. Taeyeon and Tiffany left. Sooyoung and Yuri were tidying up the house.  Sooyoung went and took a long bath. Then came to bed. Yuri was already asleep. She went to Yuri's bed side and just stayed there, for a couple of minutes, watching her sleep. Such a peaceful expression. Sooyoung looked at Yuri's lips and came closer, then quickly gave her a peck on the lips. She then rushed to her side of the bed and pretended to be asleep. Yuri opened one eye and smiled...