Normal Day

Sisterhood

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Yuri were off to their work. Yeah they worked they unfortunately could not go to university. Still Sooyoung was keeping some money on the side so she could send her sister to a university to get some better education. The orphanage paid for their studies back in the day but now were different times and they needed to provide for themselves. Sooyoung had learned and earned a place in a restaurant in the city as a cook while Yuri worked in a small bakery. They didn't had great jobs but still, the jobs they had provided for both of them and that's all that mattered. Sooyoung trying to save money had been constantly lying to Yuri saying that she spent it on food when she really was just saving it for her sister's sake. They rushed to the station to catch the train. 

 

-"Sooyoung? C'mon let's go, we gotta hurry" Yuri said as she was waiting for her sister to finish preparing herself.

 

-"I'm going, I'm going" Sooyoung said as she came out of the bedroom. 

 

-"Let's go" Sooyoung said as she opened the front door.

 

They both left and walked to the station in a fast pace. They could not afford to be late to their jobs.

Both girls caught the train. Yuri went off first since her station is before Sooyoung's they said their goodbyes and Sooyoung had to see Yuri leave.

Sooyoung put on her headphones and sat down. She looked at the view of the morning busy city. 

All she could think of was Yuri. How can she tell her? How would she tell her? Can she tell her? Her head was filled with questions that she did not know the answer for. 

 

-"Hey" A small girl said as she looked at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung didn't listen though, she was too absorbed by the music and her thoughts.

The small girl touched Sooyoung and the latter looked up.

She removed her headphones.

 

-"Hey" The small girl said again.

 

-"Taeyeon, hey" Sooyoung said.

 

-"You look down. What happened?" Taeyeon asked.

 

-"I'm...nothing much" Sooyoung said.

 

Taeyeon was Sooyoung's best friend and also her co-worker at the restaurant. Taeyeon was a waitress.

 

-"Not wanting to talk about it?" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Yeah..." Sooyoung said.

 

-"How's Yuri? Haven't seen that rascal in a while" Taeyeon said.

 

-"She's fine, thanks for asking" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Why don't you come have dinner later?" Sooyoung asked.

 

-"Ahh, yes sure. I also have someone I want you to meet. Can I take her with me?" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Her? Her, who?" Sooyoung asked with a questionful look.

 

-"You'll see" Taeyeon said.

 

Sooyoung looked outside again, the world was moving at a fast pace, people going here and there, doing their own stuff. People falling in love, people ending love.

She couldn't help but wonder if her love would even have a begining.

 

-"Hey, it's our stop" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Yeah, let's go" Sooyoung said as she got up.

 

Both girls went out of the station and walked a couple of blocks. They then saw the massive but still quite cool pink sign. *L'amour* that's what the sign read.

They crossed the street and went inside. 

 

-"I want everything ready, I'm expecting us to have some work today" A raven haired girl said.

 

-"Hey boss" Taeyeon said at the girl.

 

-"Kim Taeyeon! What did I tell you about calling me that? I'm not that old" The other girl said.

 

-"Okay, okay. Hello Fany" Taeyeon said.

 

Stephanie Hwang or Tiffany also known by her friends and co-workers as Fany was the owner of the restaurant. She had come from the US some time ago and making use of her Le Cordon Bleu education. She had opened this small but quite profitable restaurant. The main target of her restauran were couples. She made use of the beautiful view she had of the Han river and had quite a good base of customers. 

 

-"Hey, you two better get ready" Tiffany said.

 

-"Taeyeon, Jessica has been looking for you" Tiffany said.

 

-"Sooyoung, you better go inside the kitchen Hyoyeon seems to have some trouble today" Tiffany said.

 

-"See ya later" Taeyeon said has she waved goodbye at Sooyoung. Once they went to their posts they would only see each other again by lunch time or for their breaks which almost never happened at the same time.

 

Sooyoung went to the locker room and put on her uniform. This restaurant surely had too much pink Sooyoung thought. Even the kitchen jackets were pink.

Sooyoung entered the kitchen. Hyoyeon as always was already screaming. The kitchen was of course a stress filled place but it could also be funny sometimes. You never know when someone is going to fool around with a fish's head or something.

 

-"I want this all made" Hyoyeon said.

 

-"I want the mise-en-place for the dishes made" Hyoyeon said at a young man. He just stared at her dumbfounded.

 

-"What the hell are you waiting for new guy? Move, move move!" Hyoyeon screamed.

 

-"Hey" Sooyoung said as she entered the kitchen. Everyone except Hyoeyeon bowed.

 

-"Hey Soo" Hyoyeon said.

 

-"Weeded?" Sooyoung asked.

 

-"Completly, that new guy seriously has to pick up the pace" Hyoyeon said.

 

Sooyoung earned a place at this restaurant as the Sous-Chef. She is only second to Hyoyeon and Tiffany being the Chef and Owner respectively.

 

-"How many people are we expecting for lunch?" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Around 120 people" Hyoyeon said.

 

-"Quite busy" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Yeah, we better start working, c'mon" Hyoyeon said.

 

 

Yuri had just got to the bakery.  She went inside. The bakery was still closed. 

 

-"Hello Unnie" A doe eyed girl said to Yuri.

 

-"Hello Yoona" Yuri said as she smiled.

 

Im Yoona was Yuri's colleague and her friend. 

 

-"Where's the danshin boss?" Yuri asked.

 

-"Unnie..." Yoona muttered.

 

-"Yah! Who are you calling a danshin? You monster legged beast" A girl said said as she looked at Yuri's legs.

 

-"Hey boss" Yuri said.

 

-"Aish..." The girl said while sighing.

 

-"Sunny~" Yuri called with aegyo.

 

Lee Sunkyu or Sunny as she liked to be called was the owner of this small but quite profitable bakery, she learned all her skills from her uncle who was the owner of a sucessful chain of bakeries that one day would become Sunny's.

 

-"Pffft, that's what you call aegyo? Didn't I teach any better" Sunny said while laughing.

 

-"Unnies, instead of you talking there, do you mind if we start business" Yoona said.

 

-"We're waiting for Seohyun" Sunny and Yuri said in unison. 

 

-"Okay, sure" Yoona said. 

 

Seconds later a black haired and quite innocent looking girl walked inside the bakery.

 

-"Unnies? What are you waiting to start?" Seohyun said.

 

-"We were waiting for you, You're the only one that can put the oven up and running" Yuri said.

 

The three girls went to the locker room to put on their uniforms.

 

Sure Sooyoung loved Yuri but for now she had to worry about work. Also their jobs were amazing and fun. They wouldn't ask for anything else as long as they could keep them.