Espresso Double Shot

RAINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 ✦ Foreword  ✦

"We made these memories for ourselves. Where our eyes are never closing.

Hearts are never broken. Time forever frozen still."

- Ed Sheeran, Photograph.

 

 

A/N below. 

 

 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I sat at a corner of the café, which is a right turn from the barista counter, at the end. I sat nervously waiting for him.

 

 

“O-oh.” His voice stuttered, obviously shocked that know who the caller was. “What is it regarding? Is it urgent? I’m in Sydney right now but I’m flying back next week.” He spoke quickly, trying to say everything at once speedily.

 

“If you are busy, I-"

 

“No, no, Hye Rin!” He spoke, raising the volume a little. “I mean, I’m free after this Sydney stop. When I’m back, it would be a…” he paused, thinking mentally "…. Friday. Shall we meet on Friday at say six in the evening? My flight is in the morning, so I should be…”

 

 

It is six thirty. I sat waiting, holding onto the mug in my hands, feeling the warmth. Fidgeting a little, I wondered if he remembers the scheduled meeting today… Checking my phone, hesitating whether to drop him a text or a call. What if he’s busy, I thought, what were you thinking, he’s a celebrity. In the midst of my thoughts, “Sorry, I’m late.”

 

He sat down, looking at me with bright eyes covered with big clear frames, mouth covered with a mask and a hoodie pulled over his head. His getup today? A college student cosplay.

 

“I thought you weren’t going to come…” I said,rubbing my palms against the mug. The weather is getting a little chilly.

 

“I’m sorry. The flight was slightly delayed and there was some problems with the visa. One of my groupmate, he-"

 

“It’s fine, Seunghyun ssi.” I said, smiling. He paused his sentence and looked at me, he has pulled his mask down moments ago while he was speaking and I could see the faint smile on his face. “It’s good to hear from you, Hye Rin ah.”

 

We spent a little time talking about things that have happened the past week. It is strange to see myself opening up more to him unknowingly. The way his eyes glint with joy when he talks about performing, good food and even furniture, which is something I found interesting. I never knew he had that in him. He spoke like a child, voice occasionally raised a little but softened down again with the worry that someone might notice us.

 

There was not much reason for him to be worried in fact, it’s seven. People are usually off for dinner back home or at restaurants. There are not much people here, except for an elderly couple, a high-schooler mugging with headphones on, a business lady typing away at her laptop, the drink by her side unattended, and us. One barista left, most likely for dinner break, leaving another boy at the counter. The barista noticed that I was looking at his direction and he gave me a slight tilt of his head. I responded wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter