All That Matters

I'd Cross The Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : This chapter is sort of not in the plan so yeah.. it's weak. Just... weak.

--

 

"You sure you want us to come ?" I asked again to the phone receiver. Just to make sure.

"Yeah ?"

I scoffed hearing his tone, that was not even convincing.

Cause I, too, didn't think Jinki's idea was good. At all.

Even that he was supposed to be the smart one in our relationship (Professor, remember ?). I just have the feeling that this plan would just lead to a disaster.

Being stared at in the supermarket because you're holding hands with a person your same was one thing, but being judged at in the formal dinner with your partner's college friend was different.

I wasn't even sure why they insisted to invite Jinki -and me ?!-. Just so they could have a laughing stock ? 

Okay, so I was bitter and cynical. Were we surprised ?

I heard Jinki sighed in the other end receiving nothing in reply from me.

"Kibum," I knew that oh-so-faux tone "You're my partner, my beautiful partner and I love you to death. What's the point for me to hide you ?"

Rhetorical.

I really would have been flattered by that. If I didn't know Jinki had been casually reading that crap. Some sappy how-to-please-your-girlfriend handbook or something he found on the sale rack in his favorite bookstore for only 99 cents, just to amuse me.

Which it didn't.

I really should burn that book down when I could to save his soul.

I finally sighed in return "Okay, then. I'll give Jun a bath then I'll get a cab to meet you there. What's the name of the Italian place again ?"

I didn't even believe myself agreeing to this.

*

 

"Good evening, Sir. May I help you ?"

I stared a little dumbstruck at the Maître d in the front desk.

My brain was a little slow after struggling with a fussy four-year-old for the past twenty minutes and it took me some time to process even the simplest question.

"Um.." I must've looked so dumb. With sleepy, pouting Jun in one hand and the huge bag that held his 1001 baby needs -which straps kept sliding off my shoulder, by the way- in the other "I'm meeting someone here ?" I said doubtfully.

"Do you know what name the reservation goes to ?" The Maître d asked again, something resembling amusement hidden in her smile before her eyes shifted to Jun's back. "Your wife, maybe ?"

"Um.." I didn't know exactly if it was better to shove my homouality in her face.

But luckily in the middle of that awkwardness, I could hear a familiar velvety voice calling me from behind.

"Kibum ?"

Thank God.

I turned around to see Jinki, just coming back from the bathroom it seemed.

Looking so edible in his black suit.

And I guess I was not alone on that thought. Since I was sure I could hear a sharp intake of breath from that Maître d behind me.

I felt like snorting because he was mine.

In the other hand, Jinki just smiled before walking toward me and we gave each other a brief kiss on the lips.

It's just a habit. Which we forgot was not usual in here at all.

But hey, we couldn't take it back.

So I decided to just up the glare that that Maître d sent to my direction and savor it with dignity.

Jinki took Jun from my hand -which was a relief because that kid was getting heavier- and cooed him like he usually did.

He always looked kind of silly when he did that. But also irresistibly adorable so I couldn't blame him.

I put my hand on Jinki's back, rubbing it a little to let him guide the way in.

We passed the front desk again and on purpose, I flashed my sweetest smile to the Maître d "I've met my husband. Thankyou."

I didn't linger long enough to see her reaction. But I was sure it would make her day.

So, I was a . What else was new ?

*

 

I hated this already.

Cause I could feel it. All eyes were on us. On me, on Jinki, on Jun.

On our little abnormal family.

I knew people would stare, but not in this kind of intensity.

And when we finally reached the table of the little reunion, I swore that -I realized- everyone in the room was holding their breath and just finally released it altogether.

Jinki introduced me and Jun to his friends -and their respective hetero partner- and I tried my best to smile politely, despite those judging (or) in-awe look. Pick the one in your favor.

I also tried really hard not to cause any problem. Since I was really in the verge of kicking my chair back and call on that fatso middle-aged man behind our table with something like "Just eat your goddamn starter, mister and in stop looking at us already !" because his gaze was almost impolite and I was afraid Jun would sense it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter