As Long As We Breathe

I'd Cross The Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Thankyou so much for all the encouragement on first chapter, here's the second ! Please keep the feedback coming so i could write better ;)

 

--

I came back home after a long, ty day.

Let me name some of the reason : a class full of adolescents and their useless stuborness, too much flirty -female- colleagues, a broken vending machine that swallowed everyone's five hundred won (and no one ever bothered to stick a notice on it), then finally the jackpot : a monstrous pile of papers waiting to be graded.

Why did I throw my not-so-new class the assignment, again ?

Oh right, cause I was their not-so-brand-new American-transferred professor and needed to prove myself as qualified as it sounded.

But, I didn't really complain. Believe me.

The university was nice enough to help me arranging my accomodation even before I arrived.

They rented me a house and a car, none of which, of course, was permanent.

They lent it to me until I found my own to buy or rent.

Well, I had enough money in dollars (thank God for the rising exchange rates) after I sold my loft and my car in Penn.

Tho actually, the kindness was sort of expected.

I might not sound too humble if I said they practically begged me to teach back in Korea (and in their college, this time).

So yes, I wasn't complaining.

Really.

 

I pulled up my car in the garage at nine and walked through the connecting door to the living room.

Then I felt the sourness on my face slowly dissipating as I heard two hushed giggly voices from the couch.

I stood for a while on the door to watch them.

Because nothing in this world could entertain me more than seeing my partner was busy making weird faces and voices to a four-year-old craddled in his arms.

"And the giant told the faun..." Kibum said, before suddenly deepening his voice "'I would find you and eat your tiny little intestines. Vhooom'"

And the four year old in his lap hysterically shrieked in glee, wriggling when Kibum tickled his side and his round stomach.

My smile got wider and I shook my head as I finally walked toward them.

"Now now," I said, cutting their laughter off "Isn't gore a little bit off-limit for bedtime story ?"

It was pretty hilarious to see how their eyes simultaneously got bigger as they turned their head and saw me.

"Daddy !" Jun almost bounced on Kibum's lap at the sight of me.

"Hi, big guy."

He held out his little chubby arms for me.

So, I took him and pulled his warm body close to my chest.

He smelled like the kiddy shampoo Kibum always insisted to buy and it was the second smell I loved the most right after Kibum's overpriced bodywash.

Jun was rather short for kids his age –I blame Jihye-, but he's chubby –I blame myself (who could never give no for his sprinkled ice-cream or gummy bears or three cents chocolate pleaseeee-daddy-pleaseeee pleads) and also sturdy.

Kibum's mother said it's good. Jun's sturdiness, it is.

Cause he still had a long way to go, to face this ignorant uncaring homophobic world.

I tried not to think about the implications and saw Kibum was learning my face, still from the couch.

He only raised his eyebrows.

I knew he wouldn't ask me anything about my brief blank-out.

So I just turned my attention back to Jun.

He had already been clutching onto me like I was his pillow pet, his fat cheek resting against my shoulder as he mumbled to no one.

He always did that clinging thing, as soon as I carried him.

Kibum said it just proved his theory that I, really, was cuddlable, snugglable.

If they were even exist, legitimate words. Huh.

"He's been waiting for you." Kibum informed me, tidying up the cushion as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter