OMO! SO EMBARRSING! ♡

This Love; Part I. ♡

 

“Min come down here, it’s time for breakfast.” my dad called from the steps.

“Coming” I called back taking one last glance in the mirror, fixing the loose strands that managed to escape the bobby pin that held back my bangs. When I finished I moved to my closet and took my grey hoodie out slinging it over my shoulder. I stopped and took a moment to think if I was forgetting anything. When nothing came to mind I grabbed my bag and went downstairs and into the kitchen.

“Morning sweetheart” he said placing a hot plate of food on the table when I walked in. “Sit and eat, hurry before it’s time to go”

“Morning appa” I smiled dropping my bag to the side of my chair as I sat down.The steam rose from the hot plate along with its delicious aroma making my stomach growl with hunger. I picked up my fork and started to chow down on the food that was before me. If I had to pick one thing that my dad was absolutely the best at, it would be cooking. No one could top his apple butter pancakes and maple sausage. It was absolute heaven!

I couldn’t say a word since I was too busy stuffing my face with food so I gave him two thumbs up to let him know I was in enjoying the meal. He chuckled and sat down across from me.

“I want you to come straight home after school, no stopping over Bom’s place. Arraso?”

I stopped eating and placed my fork on my plate. I let out a small sigh taking my attention away from the delicious food and focusing it on him. “Wae?” I asked already knowing the answer.

Whenever he wanted me to come straight home it meant that someone was coming over for dinner… It meant that he had a new girlfriend.

“I invited a friend over for dinner tonight and I wanted you to meet them”

“Meet them…don’t you mean meet ‘her’?” I groaned.

“How do you know it’s a ’her’?” he asked raising a brow.
“It’s always a ‘her’.”
“Well you’re right it is a ‘her’, but she’s just a friend I met a while ago”
“You mean she’s your girlfriend” I sighed.
“No she’s just a friend.”

“Appa you don’t have to lie to me, I already know that she’s your girlfriend. I don’t even understand why you date all these girls. I said rolling my eyes. ”No matter how many you bring over for dinner, no matter how many you introduce me to, and no matter how nice they are it still won’t matter.  They’ll never replace umma, so really what’s the use!?” I asked in a frustrated tone.

“Replace your umma? What are you talking about!?” he asked taken by surprise.
“Nothing appa nothing” I mumbled getting up from the table. “I’m not hungry anymore.”
“Min wait a minute” he said getting up too.

‘DING DONG’

“Sorry appa Bommie’s here, I’ll see you when I get home” I said grabbing my bag.

I went over to the door and opened it to a happy Bom. She greeted me with the brightest smile and I tried to return the same happy smile but failed.
“What’s wrong?” she asked looking at my expression.

“Nothing. C’mon let’s go” I said walking out the door.

We got down to the end of the driveway before my dad came running behind us. “Min wait!” he called as we stopped.

I turned my around to him as he approached us “Appa I’m gonna be late, can we talk about this later.”

“It’s not about that” he said still confused about what happened. Don’t you have a test to take today?”
“Ne” I nodded a little bit confused.
“Well you forgot Sookie” he smiled holding the little purple stuffed rabbit up.

I gasped and looked around at the other kids who were on their way to school. “Appa put that down, others are gonna see!” I panicked while Bom giggled. My dad laughed and put the little rabbit down by his side as I was still looking around to see if anyone noticed. I took Sookie from him and held him close to my chest.

“Thank you appa, now go before you bring something else embarrassing outside” I said shooing him away.

“Sookie isn’t embarrassing he’s cute and purple” Bom giggled.

“Not helping Bom” I grumbled rolling my eyes.

My dad laughed at the two of us and gave me a kiss on my forehead. “Have a good day and good luck on that test” he smiled before going back in the house.

Bom waved bye to my dad as I turned around and suddenly found myself on the floor.
“Omo!” I heard a boy’s voice say as I looked up at him. My eyes widen a little when I seen who it was that I bumped into.

“Uh Mianhe” he said holding out his hand to help me up.
“Umm is that yours?” I another boy who was standing next to him asked as he pointed.

I looked at the boy and then to where he pointed. Sookie was lying right next to me and I gasped as I moved over and sat on my little rabbit as fast as I could.
“Is what mine?” I asked trying to act as if they saw nothing.

“That thing you’re sitting on” he said still pointing.

“Who me…sitting on what? There’s nothing there. I think you’re seeing things” I said doing one of those nervous laughs.

The boy just looked to the other who still was holding his hand out to me with a puzzled looked. I starred at the boys hand before pushing it away gently.

“I’m fine, I’ll get up on my own. Thank you though”

Now they both were looking at me with confusion.

“Are you sure?” the one who tried to help me up asked.

“Yeah I’m super sure, I’m fine...really. Just sitting here being one with the ground”

He looked at me before the other boy put his arm around his shoulder.

“C’mon we’re gonna be late” he said.

 He gave me one last glance before they both walked off. I put both of my hands over my face and sighed deeply into them. Bom squatted down next to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

“Bommie please tell that the boy who bumped into to me wasn’t Kwon Jiyong with his friend YoungBae! And please tell me that he didn’t just see me with my stuffed animal!”

“That was Jiyong alright and his friend Youngbae…and yes they saw you with a stuff animal” Bom said.

“Ugh!” I shrieked pulling Sookie from under my and dusting him off. “Ah Sookie umma’s sorry, she didn’t mean to squish you like that!” I said kissing the little rabbit and then quickly putting it in my bag.

Bom giggled and then held her hand out. “So missy are you gonna get up now or are you still being one with the ground?” she said teasing.

“Not funny!” I whined grabbing her hand to get up. “I can’t believe that just happened, SO EMBARRASSING!”

“Oh would you stop it, wasn’t that bad. I mean so what you just had an embarrassing moment in front of the two most popular boys in school. I’m sure it happens to many” she said smiling.

“Why me though!?”

“Because you’re pretty” she giggled as I rolled my eyes “Now c’mon if we don’t get moving we’re really gonna be late”

 

-------- <3 ------- <3 -------- <3 --------- <3 ---------- <3 --

 

I stared from the clock then back to the teacher who sat at her desk quietly. Her head was pointed down a bit as the pen in her hand moved down and across a stack papers. I yawned tapping my pencil lightly on my desk growing impatient with how slow the teacher was grading exams.

It’s been about thirty minutes since we finished taking the math exam and I couldn’t wait to find out my score. The teacher promised to have them done by the end of class but I wasn’t so sure, it looked like there were a lot more exams to grade and time was running out.

There were a couple of kids who were talking amongst themselves and some with their heads down. I drummed my fingers across my desk wondering if I scored high enough. I was sure I did since I had my good luck charm with me but I could always be wrong.

Finally the teacher rose from her desk placing her red pen down. She walked in front of the class and cleared to let everyone know she wanted their attention.

“There’s no homework for tonight. I decided to let you all have a rest since you took that exam today” she said as the class cheered a bit. “I’ve graded all the exams and once again Min has scored the highest” she said giving me a smile.

I nodded towards her returning the smile as she continued to speak. I held the sides of my desk tightly to stop me from getting up and doing a victory dance.

“Alright that’s it, you guys are dismissed.”

I got up and left the classroom first going to my locker. I put my combination in and stuffed my bag into the empty space. I pulled Sookie out and kissed him on the forehead lightly.

“Thanks to you I did great on my exam, I couldn’t do it without you little one” I said smiling at my little stuffed rabbit.  

Right then the bell rung and I jumped a little frightened letting Sookie fall to the ground.

One of the school bells was right over my locker and it scared me all the time. I laughed a bit to myself. I really needed to start timing when that thing was going to ring.

I went to pick Sookie off the ground after I closed my locker but he wasn’t there anymore. I looked around me before turning around and seeing a familiar face holding him. Omo it was Jiyong!

“Sookie!” I gasped out watching him hold my little rabbit.

Jiyong looked up to me and smiled holding Sookie out. “I believe this belongs to you, he’s Sookie right?” he asked.

“Uhh yeah, thanks” I said taking Sookie back quickly and putting him back in my bag.

“You probably think it’s weird for like a sixteen year old girl to carry around a stuff animal. But you see I had this test to take today and Sookie’s kind of my good luck charm, and…”

“It’s cute” he smiled as I continued to ramble on.

“Wait…what?” I stopped my embarrassing ramble and looked at him a little confused.

“It’s cute” he said again with a nod. “You’re cute”

I stood there not knowing what to say. Did he just call Sookie cute? Better yet did he just call me cute? I blushed looking down at my shoes so he wouldn’t see but I think it was too late. He laughed a bit then the bell went off again and I could hear the classroom doors start to open up.

“Time to go, I’ll see you around.”

He smiled at me before leaving and once he was gone I just stood there with my mouth open. A couple of kids in the hall who passed me laughed at my expression but I didn’t care, I was in a state of shock.

“Ew close your mouth, you’ll catch a fly” a girl said pushing me into my locker.

I snapped out of my shock looking at the girl who pushed me and rolled my eyes.

“Ugh EunMi” I muttered under my breath, clenching my fist.

I watched her walk away with a group of her wanna-be friends when Bom came up behind and hugged me. I jumped a little and she giggled.

“Time to go home!” she cheered.

I laughed and pulled her along out the school doors.  “Time to go home!” I cheered with her drifting off into my own thoughts.

I couldn’t believe I let another embarrassing moment happen in front of Jiyong. Out of all people why did he have to be the one to see me with Sookie? He probably thinks I’m a total loser and just said I was cute to be nice.

But what did I care, it’s not like I was in love with him or anything. I just had a tiny crush on him and there’s no way that he could ever have a crush on someone like me.

“Min where are you going, aren’t you gonna change before you come over?” I heard Bom’s voice say.

I stopped and looked at her then looked around and noticed that I was walking right pass my house. I was too busy thinking about what happened earlier that I forgot Bom was with me. I walked back to where Bom was standing and shook my head.

“Sorry, can’t come over today”

“Wae?” she asked.

“My dad’s “friend” is coming over for dinner” I sighed.

“Oh it’s one of those things again?” she asked nodding.

“Sadly it is. I’ll call you later and tell you what happened”

Bom nodded and I waved her goodbye before walking up my driveway. I didn’t even want to go inside; I hated meeting his new girlfriends. They were always nice and fun but even with that I still didn’t like them.

 It’s not like I didn’t want to like them, I just simply couldn’t. They were future replacements of my mother and no one could replace her. So if I didn’t like them then they couldn’t replace her. That was the only way of keeping them away.

I stopped at the front door taking a deep breath before walking in.

“Appa I’m home” I called. I didn’t get a reply from him so I walked into the kitchen putting my bag on the table. “Appa are you here?” I called again.

I looked around and spotted a lime green sticky note posted to the fridge. I grabbed it off and looked at the note crumbling it up when I finished reading it. I jumped around and clapped my hands happily. He got called into a meeting at work and had to cancel out on dinner.

I called Bom up and told her to come over right away. Then I went outside to wait for her. I was just so happy I just wanted to dance.

“I don’t have to meet her” I sung dancing around my lawn. “I don’t have to meet her! OH YEAH!” I cheered facing the front of my house.

That’s when I heard someone clapping. I thought it was Bom so I did a little shake.

After I did that I heard a boy’s voice cheer. I froze and turned around as fast I could. Standing right on the side walk in front of my lawn was Jiyong.

“Omo!” I gasped covering my mouth.

 “Cute” he said smiling.

I looked down at the ground again like I did when we were standing in the hallway.

“Min right?” he asked.

“Yeah, that’s me” I said quietly.

“Nice dancing, seeya around.” He left and I let out a deep sigh. My cheeks were burning with embarrassment.

“Omo so embarrassing!” I groaned face palming myself.

----------------------------------

A/N: Hello Hello leahtaeyang here. What did ya think? Did ya like it? Huh huh huh? Well I hope you guise enjoyed this update. Took me a while to finish it. Leave comments and cute stuff :) Now I have to go and make some breakfast...I'm starving o.0 Seeya <3

-leahtaeyang