XXIV

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Violet

 

Physical education. For most girls in my class it’s time to put on their slim fit jersey and shorts, running around, checking out good looking seniors that happen to have the same phsyical education period as us. Well, it’s a different story for me, since I pratically already have a second grader ‘boyfriend’, physical education is just solely a play time for me.

 

“We’re going to the track and field today, not in the gym!” My assistant class president announces in the changing room. Great, I think we have to run today. I don’t hate running, it’s just that I’m not fast enough, and to always obtain second or third place everytime I race is just devastating. I don’t like the feeling of losing, well, who does.

 

I walk with Kim and the rest of the girls to the field and stop when we are greeted by our coach.
 

“Alright, warm up!” She instructs and we all stands in a big circle. Amy happens to be standing in front of me, which I roll my eyes when I first see her and then I focus back to my assistant class president who’s leading the warming up session. When I strech my hand, I recognize a familiar figure playing football across the field. I squint my eyes to make sure I’m looking at the right person, and yep, it’s real. It’s Kai.

 

His class is having their physical education and I can see Tao, D.O and Sehun on the field playing football together. Kai is waiting for the ball to be given to him, he signals Sehun and then Sehun serves it. Kai gets control of the ball, dribble it for few seconds, bringing the ball forward and then serve it to another boy. After that, like  magnet, his eyes find mine. He looks startled for a second, didn’t quite expecting me to be here, but then he smiles. I smile back at him hesitantly, because honestly we are still being awkward to each other. The incident in Busan that happened last Saturday seems to be still lingering around us eventhough it’s already Thursday.

 

When we finish our warming up session, the coach stand in front of us.

“Class, I’m sorry to disappoint but I got some errand to do.” She announces and the rest of the girls pretend to sigh in disappointment.

“However, I’m gonna have all of you to try for 100m and 200m run for today. I’ll pass the list name to your assistant class president to record your time. The Sport Day will be held next month, and your houses need representatives.” She says. Oh yes, the house. I try to remember back what house I’m in and much to my dismay, I realize I’m not the in same house with Kim, but I’m with Amy. The Yellow house, Elizabeth. I sigh thinking about it, but I brush the thought away. 

 

We all take turns, 8 runners per round. I join the second round and take my place on the fourth lane. After that, I see Amy is making her way towards me, she takes her place beside me, the fifth lane.  I smirk as I bend to the ground, I know I said I’m not a fast runner, but I’m definitely a better runner than Amy. That, I can assure anybody in the world. I push both of my palms harder to the ground, and set my left leg behind me. When my assistant class president say ‘set’, I breath in the air, and hold it as long as possible. ‘Go!’ she yells and then I push my leg, start running and breath out. It’s a 100 metres run and I can end this in few second. As expected, Amy is few centimetres behind me, but as we approach the finish line, she appears beside me. I roll my eyes and then suddenly I feel something’s tripping my leg.

 

I fall to the ground in no time, and wince in pain as soon as my right knee collide with the track. I close my eyes and quickly move my hand to touch my knees. , an open wound, a scratch, a little blood. I then register everyboby’s voice and hear footsteps coming near me. I try to recall what happened before I fall, and I’m positive Amy have tripped my leg, it’s her.

 

“V! Are you alright?!” Kim shouts and then she holds my arm. The other girls ask the same thing and I just nod at their question. Then, 7 of the other runners who raced in my round come to me, and I swear I see Amy’s smirking at me.

“God, Violet, is everything ok?” One of the runner asks me, Rachel.

“Oh, you wound yourself, you better go and take care of that before you got an infection.” Amy says. She’s panting a bit, because she just finished the run, but the devil smile is still there.

 

“Violet!” I hear one voice and suddenly these girls in front of me start giving space to somebody and there appear Kai, short of breath, of course, he must have been running from across the field when he heard these girls shouted just now. He then bends down beside me and look straight to my wounded knee.

“Let’s clean this up.” He says and then sneaks his arm around my waist and another under my knees, ready to pick me up but I hold his hand.

“It’s okay, I can walk, it’s just a small cut.” I protest, of course I’m not allowing to carry me infront of all this girls, it’s embarassing and they’ll think I’m being a spoilt brat. I look him into the eyes seriously and then I see he soften his gaze.

“Alright, I’ll help you walk then.” He takes my arm, put it around his shoulder, and then he picks me up. The girls start to disperse and I give Amy a smirk. Hyo Ri then comes beside Amy and pull her away from the spot. I nod to Kim and she nods back.

 

 

Kai lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter