2.

Where Do I Go? Where Can I Go.

“No, I don’t remember you? I’m sorry,” I replied as I turned around to face the other side of the hallway. I quickly started to walk down and right before I turned the corner, I heard footsteps coming towards me.

“Hey, wait!” He shouted at me. “Hold on! Are you sure you don’t know me? I’m pretty positive that I know you.” He then caught up and started walking by my side.

“Sorry, I really don’t remember you. Now I have somewhere to go, so I’ll leave first. Bye,” I said and then jumped down the stairs towards the parking lot.

“Okay bye neighbor!” I could hear him yell from behind as I neared the exit of the apartment’s parking lot. Oh dear god, out of all the places I ended up, it was right next to him, someone from the past. How great. So… where should I go now? Hmm, maybe I should go search for a diner to eat at for breakfast.

Finally after a lot of searching on my phone, I settled with a little diner that was right around the corner from the motel. As I entered, I was greeted with about six or seven people dining and a couple of workers.

“Good morning miss, you can sit anywhere you’d like,” the worker behind the bar said to me with a warm smile. I smiled and nodded back to show that I understood, then sat in the corner booth of the diner. It’s so cozy and homey in here, I think I’ll be coming here for the time I’m staying.

When I sat, I took a menu out of the condiments stand and started searching for something to eat. Reading it all, I started mumbling to myself, “Hmm… the scrambled eggs and bacon would seem breakfast-like maybe I should… but the pancakes look very good too… maybe just settle with orange juice and grilled cheese...” Then as I kept talking to myself I heard a person clear their throat.

“Ahem, miss are you ready to order?” a waiter asked me. As I looked up, I noticed he didn’t look that much older than me, probably just one or two years older.

“Oh yes, but uh, what would you recommend for a good breakfast?” I asked him politely.

“Usually I would get the grilled cheese and egg sandwich with some orange juice and a hash brown,” he explained happily.

“Okay! Then I’ll have that,” I concluded as I put the menu back where it was placed before.

“Alright, one hash brown, grilled cheese and egg sandwich, and orange juice coming up,” he said as he wrote it all down and brightly smiled towards me before he walked towards the kitchen.

Sooner than I thought, my order was brought to me by the same waiter and before he left I took a glance at his shirt to check for a name. When I saw his nametag, it read “Hello, my name is… Jisoo J”. His name was cutely written on the nametag in English letters, and thank goodness English was practically almost my first language.

“Thank you, Jisoo,” I said to him before he turned and walked away.

“No problem!” he replied.

Halfway through the meal, I noticed the door of the diner open, but I didn’t really pay attention to it and just kept eating, until I heard two boys speaking, practically shouting, to each other in English.

“Hey, what’s up hyung?” I heard a familiar voice say.

“Nothing much, just working. You should try it sometime,” another familiar voice answered.

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll start working when you start getting a life,” the other guy snapped back.

“Whatever, you do you and I’ll do me,” I heard the second guy say again.

After their little foreign conversation, I guess something physical between them happened because I heard them laughing a little bit. Either that or they were whispering to each other. Then a couple seconds passed by and from the corner of my eye I saw someone coming towards me.

“Oh, hey! So by ‘somewhere to go’ you meant go to eat breakfast?” I heard the same guy from earlier chuckled as he sat down across from me.

I looked up, and to no surprise, there was Hansol sitting right there. I tried to glare at him, but he just muffled a laugh instead.

“You got um, crumbs on your lip,” he said after his urge to laugh suppressed. I checked to see if I did by my lips, and finding out that there was a bit of bread crumbs on there, I blushed out of embarrassment.

“Thanks…” I mumbled.

“No prob!” he replied with a cheesy grin. “So what brings you to this diner?”

“Um, food?” I said with much intended sarcasm.

“Ha. Oh, right,” he answered softly.

“Look, I’m sorry if I’m coming off as rude. I just, don’t feel like having company at the moment,” I said after a couple moments of silence between us.

“I get it,” he said as he got up, “Sorry for bothering you Megan. Hopefully I catch you later neighbor!”

I looked down at my food as I noticed I was almost finished and then back to Hansol. I saw him walk over to the waiter that served me, Jisoo, and they started talking again. Oh, so that’s who he was talking to earlier.

After I finished, I pulled out my wallet and checked to see how much was still in there. Concluding that it was way much than enough I put it back away and waited silently for my check. Getting bored, I started looking around and noticed that Hansol was still here, talking to Jisoo. Not trying to eavesdrop but I heard some of their conversation again.

“Wait, so you know her?” I heard Jisoo ask.

“Yeah, I do. Somewhat. Why?” I heard Hansol ask back.

“Dude, she’s pretty cute. Hook a brother up man,” Jisoo said as he nudged Hansol.

“Nuh uh, I call dibs man. I knew her first,” I heard Hansol answer him.

“Seriously?” Jisoo responded.

“Joking, joking. But we’ll see. Like, she says she doesn’t remember me,” I heard Hansol say, “And she’s kind of intimidating, you know?”

After hearing Hansol’s comment snickered and smirked a little. But Hansol and Jisoo being one booth away, probably heard me because they glanced a little my way before turning back around.

“Um dude, do you think she understands English…?” I heard Joshua practically whisper to Hansol.

“I think I know English better than you know how to whisper,” I said loudly, startling them both. Seeing them flushed, I started laughing and could not stop until Jisoo walked away and came back with my check.

“What’s your name again?” he asked me as he handed me the bill.

“My name’s Megan. And yours is Jisoo right?” I asked as I took out my wallet and matched the sum of the total bill.

“Yeah, that’s right,” he answered as he took back the bill from my hands and my money along with it. “But where did you learn English? I know you didn’t learn it here in Korea because people our age can barely pronounce the word.”

“I lived in the US before I moved here,” I responded.

“Really? Same here!” he answered enthusiastically, “but where from exactly?”

“California, and you?” I asked back.

“Same!” he practically shouted.

“Don’t forget about me! I’m from the US too!” I heard Hansol whine from the booth he was still sitting at.

“You’re from the East coast, it doesn’t count. West Coast only bro,” Jisoo replied back before turning his attention towards me again. “So yeah, my American friends called me Joshua. You can call me that too, if you’d like.”

“Sure, I’ll just call you Joshua or Josh if that’s fine,” I said happily.

“Alright! Well thanks for stopping by and dining here this morning, hope to see you again soon Megan!” I heard him yell as I got up and walked through the exit.

Finally away from the diner, I stopped by a bench and stretched out on it. It seems so relaxing here, I think I’m going to stay a while. Then my thoughts were interrupted by a ring on my phone, which surprised me because no one really knows my number except for my old neighbors. Oh and my ex-boyfriend… Seungcheol. Scared of it being the latter, I slowly took a breath, got my phone out, and checked the caller ID.

Seungcheol Oppa

I really need to change that name. But should I answer or ignore it…?

 

 

___________________________________________________________

[A/N] Sorry this is going by so slow... I want to introduce all the characters and whatnot, but I'm not sure how to? Hahaha

and plus, I'm a really y writer.

;-;

so, sorry for that too~ lol

but i hope you still enjoy it to the extent. :)

Plus it's Chan's birthday today!

So happy birthday Lee Chan!

#17ChanDay~

and it's almost my bias's birthday too~~~ Hansoveryhappy :-) lol

yeah. ok,

thanks for reading though~ I really appreciate it. c: