3.

Where Do I Go? Where Can I Go.

Finally deciding on not to answer the call, I just tossed my phone in the trash. What's the use of this if I don't need to talk to anyone?

Soon enough, I found myself just wandering around and ending up at a little park. Finding a swing set, I sat myself down and just started to space out. I think I could get used to this quiet peacefulness. It seems so clean and fresh. Maybe a new start here would be something I need...

Still dazed in my thoughts, I didn't hear some approach me. Only after I realized I was actually swinging higher, I noticed someone was pushing me.

"Guess who?" I heard them say.

Catching me off-guard, I chuckled and replied, "Are you stalking me now?"

"And if I said I was?" he responded as he continued to push me.

"I would probably file a restraining order," I joked.

After our little talk, he sat on the swing next to mine and started up another conversation.

"So what brings you here?" he asked sincerely.

"The park? Well in case you haven't noticed, I love swings," I replied casually.

I could hear the smirk in his voice, “You know what I mean.”

“Nope,” I responded.

After a while of silence he started again, “What brings you here? To this small town? You’re from Seoul, a big city girl. So why be here?”

“Let’s just say that I needed some peace and quiet,” you whispered.

“What was that?” he asked, quite not catching my response.

“Nothing,” I said quickly, “but what about you? Why are you here? And by yourself too.”

“Oh, well I just wanted to experience different places. Since I lived in Seoul, I wanted to try somewhere smaller as well. And I’m by myself because my parents wanted to stay back in New York and my sister is too small to come along with me,” he explained while swinging higher and higher. “I bet you I can swing higher than you.”

As soon as he challenged me, I started swinging along with him. “In your dreams,” I half-shouted.

Soon enough we were swinging higher and faster. Then all of a sudden Hansol jumped off his swing and when he landed, he slipped and rolled on the ground about two times before laying still.

“Hansol! Are you okay?” I shouted after him with worry. Then I jumped off my swing, ran towards him, looked around for any big injuries.

“Yeah,” he breathed, “I’m fine. Just got the air knocked out of me, that’s all.”

I helped him up and walked him toward a bench. “Are you sure you’re fine? You’re not hurt anywhere right? Did you get scratched anywhere?” I kept questioning him, probably to the point where he got super annoyed.

“Yes, Megan. I’m fine, I’m fine,” he assured me again and again.

After checking his arms and legs for scrapes or scratches, I glanced at his face and saw a little mark right under his bottom lip.

“Liar,” I exclaimed.

“Huh?” he said.

I then reached up to his face and grazed my thumb on the spot where he got scratched. After a while of looking at it, I looked up to his eyes and replied, “You lied, you got hurt right here. How do you even-”

“Megan.” he cut me off and continued, “I said I’m fine. It’s just a little thing, nothing to worry about.” He looked me in the eyes sincerely and I noticed after a few moments how long we have been sitting there staring at each other.

“So,” I said clearing my throat, “it’s getting near lunch time. I think I’m going to go get something to eat. Do you have any places to recommend a newcomer?”

“Well… not really,” he said, shyly rubbing his neck, “the only place I actually go to eat is the diner we were at earlier. As you know, my friend Joshua works there so it’s kind of the only place I know.”

“Oh, okay. Then did you just want to eat there again then?” I asked.

“Wait. You mean ‘we’? As in us? Eat together? You and I?” he practically yelled.

“Uh. Yeah? Unless you don’t want to... I mean, it’s fine with me if you don’t want to eat together,” I said as I started to leave.

“No, no, no,” he yelled again and he grabbed my wrist as I was walking away. “I didn’t mean it like that at all. I’d love to eat with you.” He then smiled widely and walked in front of me, guiding me to the diner.

Only half-way there did I notice that he was still holding onto my wrist. Eh, I guess it wouldn’t hurt. He looks too excited.

“So Megan, what’s your favorite food?” he asked, trying to make conversation as we walked.

“I like… I’m not sure. I don’t think I really have a favorite. What’s yours?” I asked back.

“I like chocolate,” he replied with a grin.

“You know that chocolate’s not really a food right?” I laughed.

“Well it’s a food to me,” he responded as he laughed along with me.

“O~kay,” I said, ending the conversation about favorite foods. I looked around, trying to find something to talk about and ended up just speaking my mind. “Don’t you want to be able to fly?” I asked looking up at the sky.

“Hmm?” he said distantly.

I took a glance at him and saw that he was thinking about something while still guiding me to the diner.

“Nevermind,” I said casually.

“Oh sorry,” he quickly responded, “I was kind of dazing off. But look, we’re here.”

We were at an intersection and he pointed across the crosswalk to a little building. “Let’s go eat,” he shouted.

[Hansol’s POV]

I saw her sitting on a swing in the park while I was walking by. I wonder what she’s doing…

I took a couple of silent steps and when I finally got to her, she didn’t notice I was right behind her so I just started pushing her. I don’t know why I did, but it just felt right.

I wanted to play around with her so I asked, “Guess who?”

I heard her laugh a little at my question and it sort of surprised me. Her laugh sounds purely amazing… Wait what am I thinking? Hansol, stop. This is weird.

After a while of talking to her I sat down on the swing next to her and started rocking back-and-forth. Before I knew it, I was swinging and she was still just sitting there.

Deciding to spice up a little competition, I challenged her to a swing off. She smirked before she started swinging with me and soon enough, it seemed like we were going higher than the base of the swing set.

I jumped off, like I usually do when I get tired or bored of swinging, and I guess I slipped or something and rolled a couple feet.

“Hansol!” I heard her shout at me. “Are you okay?”

After a couple of minutes of her continuous questions about my health and safety and whatever more she had to say, I saw her reach out towards my face. What the…?

When she touched my chin, I thought my heart was going to explode right then and there. Am I? Is it possible…? But I barely even know her. Can she really make me feel this way?

I kept thinking up all sorts of reasons and scenarios in my head until she interrupted my thoughts.

“You lied,” I heard her say as she continued to nag me about getting hurt and more things like that.

“Megan,” I said before she could even finish her sentence. “I said I’m fine. It’s just a little thing, nothing to worry about.”

I stared her straight in the face to convince her that what I was saying was the honest truth, but after a couple of moments, I just got lost in her eyes. Her eyes are beautiful. Her face is beautiful. She is beautiful… Wait Hansol. I told you already, stop. She doesn’t seem to like you like that.

She broke the eye-contact after a minute or so, but it seemed like forever.

I heard someone’s stomach growl, and it wasn’t mine. Then I heard here clear before she suggested getting lunch together.

Before she could leave alone to the diner, I got up and stopped her. I hope I don’t scare her off by holding her arm.

But before I knew it, I was already leading her to Joshua’s diner.

____________________________

[A/N]

Hi readers~ Sorry it's really not that good at all lol.

I think I'll just rush to the ending and just stick to writing oneshots instead of continuing chapters like this.

I just hope you don't get too bored reading this update.

And sorry for a really long wait on it too.

Um

yeah,

so the story should be coming to an end soon.

(:

thanks for reading~~~~ <3