What's Hurt?

~Happiness Is An Illusion~

group-exo-receives-positive-response-aft

 

Your POV:

 

"What the hell are you talking about?" you ask, unable to understand what the goodlooking boys are talking about.

 

"We can explain later. I'm Kris," one of the authority figures introduces himself.

 

"I'm... _________," you stare at the handsome, mysterious people around you.

 

"Do you have a...camp...we can go to?" Kris asks you gently and hesitantly. 

 

"I have a home...It's not very big and I live by myself, but you can come... You DID, after all, save me.." you trail off lamely. 

 

On the walk to your apartment, the boys take turns introducing themselves.

 

There's Suho who you decide is a good leader but has a soft sweet side and treats all his friends with kindness and gentleness. 

Baekhyun is funny and entertaining, but like all the rest seems absolutely terrified to be in this world. Also like all the rest, he seems to surprise himself with his humor, like he's never been funny or found anything funny before.

Chen is a lot like Baekhyun, unintentionally funny and pretty dorky. He's sweet too.

D.O is wide eyed and seems to take in and process everything. 

Kris is charismatic and handsome and seems to be willing to do anything for his friends. 

Sehun is shy at first, but soon becomes more talkative and amuses you a lot. 

Luhan seems like he'd be soft and girlish, but he's one of the manlier ones of the group, surprisingly. He's really cute.

Xiumin is adorable and sweet and funny with happy eyes and the ability to make his friends smile. 

Lay is quiet and brooding, and you don't know very much about him.

Kai is kind of shy too, but he's really y and you can tell he has a non-shy side as well.

Chanyeol is tall and a little clumsy with an attractive deep voice and another guy with a kind of surprised funniness about him. 

Tao is intense and seems very manly, but he tends to be pretty jumpy too which you find pretty funny.

 

You finally reach your apartment, and they all collapse on the ground tiredly. You notice a cut on the leg of the one called Chen.

 

"Are you okay?" you ask him, as you see him staring at the cut wide eyed.

 

"Am I going to die?" he asks you, looking scared. If he didn't look so genuinely confused and frightened, you would have laughed.

 

"No, it's a small cut...." You don't undersand these boys at all. "I'll get you a bandage. It's only bleeding a little and it should heal soon. Does it hurt?"

 

Chen gawks at you. "You mean...my skin will heal itself? That's impossible," he says, shocked. The other Exoplanet former residents are overwhelmed as well. 

 

"What's...hurt?" Tao asks in a small voice in the corner.

 

"What?" How can they not know these things?

 

"I guess we owe you an explanation," says Suho gently. "Basically to make a long story short, we lived on a place called Exoplanet and we can't explain it ourselves but we could never damage our bodies and we never aged, but we were brought here and we've never...what do you call it...FELT anything before now. This is all new." 

 

You feel chills run up your spine at the thought of that. You wouldn't have believed it normally, but they're so serious and so genuinely terrified, you know it must be true.

 

"Um...Well," you start awkwardly. How do you explain what hurt is? How can you explain feeling to people who have no clue what it is? "Hurt has to do with pain. Pain and hurt are when your body is injured or sick and not feeling healthy. It's when everything's not right with your body," you try desperately to explain.

 

"What's injured and sick?" speaks up Lay, curiously. 

 

"Uh...Injured is when your outer body is damaged and sick is when you feel overall bad. Like if I have a 'cold' it's when I have like a runny nose and a headache or stomachache and..."

 

"Your nose runs? Where does it go?" You look over and see Kai shyly asking the question

 

"No it doesn't actualy run...It....Ugh maybe you'll have it someday I can't explain it." It frustrates you how hard it is to explain.

 

"Headache is when your head...hurts...and stomachache is when your stomach hurts right?" Luhan asks, head tipped to the side, trying to understand.

 

"Yes!" you say, relieved he kind of gets it. You put the bandaid on Chen's leg, and he smiles at you.

 

"Thank you!" He beams at you, and he has a smile so natural and comforting you wonder how he could never have felt before. He looks down quickly when you smile back.

 

"So what's sad?" asks Sehun.

 

"When something is bad and makes you feel like everything isn't right."

 

"Um," you hear D.O speak up. "What is love?" You see him looking at some books on your shelf and a romance novel with the world "love" in it. 

 

"Oh," you say, face turning red. "It's hard to explain that. It's when you find a girl and you want to spend the rest of your life with her and you feel like...everything is....right." They all look at her, wanting to know more about this love thing.

 

"Did you find the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with, ___________?" Xiumin asks happily.

 

"N...No...!" you say. "I meant...Usually a girl finds a boy and a boy finds a girl," you explain.

 

"So boys can't love boys?" Sehun asks, puzzled. "I feel like everything is right with all my Exo hyungs." 

 

"Well I mean they can and they do, but like a lot of times a girl and a boy are really in love. There's different kinds of love. Family, friends, and then your boyfriend or girlfriend or husband or wife."

 

"Oh," they say, still not fully getting it. 

 

"You'll know it if you feel it," you shrug. 

 

"I feel bad asking," says Kris softly, "but we have nowhere to go...We'll really try not to be burdensome if you let us stay here..." He looks at you awkwardly. 

 

"That's fine," you insist. "You saved my life, it's the least I can do!" You feel safe with them. They're innocent and sweet and you can tell they don't want to harm you at all. They're like lost children. Lost, handsome, man children that is.

 

This is so weird, you think and you go off to your room to find some blankets to provide for your 12 new guests. It's pretty cramped around your formerly lonely home.

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

EXO's POV:

 

When __________ had gone to the other room, the boys all start talking at once. 

 

"So pain is bad, and happy is good..."

"Sad and happy are opposites."

"Boys love girls and girls love boys but sometimes it's different."

"I wonder what love feels like."

"She says we'd know when we feel it..."

 

Chen stares at his bandaid and it, thinking of _________'s kindness. 

 

"We're lucky," he said. "We have a nice girl to help us."

 

"Yeah," agree Luhan and Sehun at the same time, and they laugh. They are facinated by this new ability to feel, and want to explore everything. 

 

Kris and Suho sit in the corner together, talking quickly.

 

"This world is strange," Kris says quietly.

 

"Yes, but we were here once before...We had lives," Suho says softly. 

 

"They all feel pain and don't remember anything like it, but when I feel pain it feels a little familiar...Like I've felt something worse before in my life. I just don't understand what," Kris says.

 

"Me too. I feel like this pain is familiar yet completely new. It's like the worst stuff here is horrible but at the same time it's mild. It just really doesn't make sense," Suho tries to explain, brow furrowed. 

 

"Nothing in this world makes sense," Kris says shaking his head. "Nothing makes sense..."