Chapter 2

Stolen [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A young boy skipped up to Ahyeon, a big smile on his face. “Unnie,” He said, his small hands clinging to her jean clad legs.

“Yes, Kangdae?” She asked a soft smile playing on her lips as she stared down at her ten year old brother.

“Can we get churros?” He said, looking into her eyes with his innocent orbs.

“I’m busy.” She said as she put down her pencil on the grey desk. She was busy planning to catch her latest target. She ran a hand through her dyed sienna brown hair.

“Please please pleeease?” He clasped his hands together his face contorting with his pleading.

“Later.” She answered picking her pencil back up and taking down a few notes.

“Fine.” Kangdae stormed away, not without scowling at Ahyeon though.

Ahyeon didn’t like making her brother upset. She wanted him to be successful, not like her, a vile killer. She then threw herself into her work so she could quickly get it over and done with and put a bright smile back on Kangdae’s face. It wasn’t hard to finish the plans since she was a skilled killer she could easily have done it without any support. Ahyeon just wanted to be sure she wouldn’t stuff it up since it was a very serious order. She stared at the page for a little while longer the got up, the chair groaning against the hard wood floor as she did. She folded the page up and tucked it into her pocket.

“Kangdae? Want to go out for churros now?” She asked as she poked her head their shared room.

They were on their own, living in a compressed apartment next to a building that looked like it was abandoned but the inside was far from run down, it was the mafia headquarters.  Looks can easily deceive ignorant people.

Kangdae narrowed his eyes and turned away. “Are you not busy anymore?” He pointedly questioned as he glared at the tiny window with a view of the road.

“No.” She answered.

“Okay! Let’s go.” He jumped off his bed excitedly and ran around looking for his jacket.

She chuckled at how he could instantly become happy with one word. She exited the room with a shake of her head and grabbed her worn out yellow hoodie and pulled it over her body. Her hand was suddenly grasped by a warm sweaty hand a voice accompanied it “Unnie, it’s been so long since we had churros.” He smiling like he just got a new toy.

Something in her heart hurt. Her brother isn’t able to have a normal life because of her, because of her work. She would leave but the mafia was all she had and was how they got money to survive. He didn’t even get to go to school for long. The girl sighed and they left their apartment, not without her double locking the door of course.

 

 

After their little churro fest Ahyeon was pacing in front of her scruffy apartment. Kangdae was off playing basketball with a few of his friends at the court nearby. Ahyeon was running through her head where she had spotted Luhan a few times. “It seems that he goes to bars often when he’s bored.” She murmured to herself.

“Ahh, this is so friggin’ hard.” She exclaimed as she ruffled her hair in frustration.

She looked around trying to get her mind off of Luhan and then sighed. She stood and headed outside after she pulled on her soft pink hoodie.

Ahyeon shoved her clenched hands into the two pockets as she walked towards the basketball courts. Her eyes searched for Kangdae but could find no purchase.

“Where is that boy?” She said quietly only slightly worried. He tended to go off on his own a lot.

As she passed, her ancient phone vibrated in her pocket.

“Hello?” She asked, pressing the phone against her ear.

“Ahyeon, are yo

Please log in to read the full chapter