Best Friends

The Only One For Me

Kyungsoo’s POV

What’s going on here? I was just thinking about him this morning then poof, here he is, studying in the same school as mine, having the same class with me, and sitting beside me. Maybe this is just a dream. Could someone pinch me?? What am I thinking? No one could hear me. Let me just pinch myself. I pinched myself and, “AHHH!! God it hurts!”

“Is there something wrong Mr. Do?” Mr. Lee asked.

“N-Nothing sir.”

“Okay.” Mr. Lee went back to his discussion.

“Hey Soo, are you okay?” Baek asked.

“Yeah. I’m okay. I was just playing.”

“Right. Playing by pinching yourself.”

“Well, I’m trying to wake myself up from this dream, if this is really a dream.”

“Okay. Let’s just talk later.”

After that embarrassing moment, I focused on Mr. Lee. But I could still feel the awkward tension between me and my seatmate, Jongin. God, why does time moves so slow today??

The bell rung, finally, and Chanyeol hurriedly went to my seat. “Hey Kyung, wanna grab lunch together?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Is Sehun coming with us?” Baek asked.

“Yeah, he’s just fixing his things.” Chanyeol replied. “Sehun-ah, let’s go!”

We were at the door way when someone grad my wrist.

“Hyung.” It’s Jongin. “Can I join you for lunch?”

“Sure. If Chanyeol won’t mind.” I glance at Chanyeol asking him if it’s okay with him.

“Of course, I won’t mind.” Chanyeol assures.

We entered the cafeteria and there were not much students there. We sat at our (Baek and me) usual table and opened our lunchbox while Chanyeol and Sehun ordered lunch. Baek sat in front of me and Jongin sat next to me but wasn’t saying anything. I could feel the awkward tension again between us so I broke the silence.

“When did you arrive?”

“I wrote it in the letter, Hyung.”

“Wait. You two knew each other?” Baek asked confused.

“Jongin is my childhood best friend, Baek.”

“Oh, the one you always talk about?”

“Yes. By the way Jongin. What letter?”

“So, you haven’t read it yet.”

I was so confused and was about to ask another question when Chanyeol and Sehun arrived.

“Sorry for waiting. It’s all because of Yeol. He was so confused what to buy you for lunch Kyung, that he ordered really fast.” Sehun explained sarcastically.

“It’s okay Sehun.” Baek said smiling.

“That’s so sweet Chanyeol. But I have a lunchbox.” I said giggling.

“Of course Kyung, you’re my boyfriend.”

I choked at Chanyeol’s words and, again, I could feel my face heating.

“Are you okay Hyung?” Jongin tap my back. “You’re his boyfriend?” he asked Chan.

“Yes, I am. Why.” Chanyeol answered annoyed.

“Nothing. I was just asking.”

Chanyeol was about to give me a glass of water when Jongin held my hand and gave a water to drink.

“Thanks Jongin.” I glance at Chanyeol and smiled at him.

After we ate lunch, since our next class was still on 2:00, we decided to stay at the bench and chat there. I pick my things in the table when something falls from my notes. It’s a letter. Yes, mom gave me a letter this morning. And this must be letter Jongin was talking about. I quickly pick up the letter and check if it is really the letter Jongin was talking about.

“I am right. You haven’t read it yet.” I was shock when Jongin took the letter from me and put it in his pockets. “You don’t have to read this anymore. I’m heading to the room first. Enjoy your date.”

Baekhyun's POV

Kyungsoo is acting wierd today. It seems like he's uncomfortable or something. Is it because of Chanyeol's words. But I think it's not about that because he's been waiting for this moment, to be Chanyeol's boyfriend, for so long. Wait, I remember him telling me that he was once inloved with his best friend on first grade. Could it be...

"Hey Baek! Something's bothering you?? You've been silent the whole time." Kyungsoo asked.

"Huh? Nothing. I just want to savor my lunch." I lied.

"You sure? Cause you haven't touched your food yet." Okay. Sehun got me.

I smiled weakly with his words.

"Are you not comfortable eating with us?" Chanyeol asked worriedly.

"No! It's not like that. It's just..." I was cut off when Kyungsoo choke. Thanks Kyung.

I watch as Chanyeol gave Kyungsoo water and how Jongin pat his back. I think Jongin likes my Kyungie.

"Let's stay at the bench while waiting for our next class." Sehun suggest.

"That would be a great idea." I agreed.

Kyungsoo pick up his things on the table then something falls from his notes. It looks like a letter. He quickly picks it up. I look at Chanyeol and Sehun who are now outside the cafeteria. I went ahead to the door and waited for Kyungsoo when I saw Jongin took the letter from Kyungsoo and put it in his pockets. He is telling Kyungsoo something, but I think he is mad.  He left Kyungsoo astounded. Did they fight?? And what’s with the letter??

“Where are Chanyeol and Sehun?” Kyungsoo asked lowly.

“They headed at the bench first. Did you two fought?”

“We?”

“You and Jongin. He looks angry. What happened?”

“I don’t know.” he muttered.

“Hey guys, what’s taking you so long? Is everything alright?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah. Everything’s fine. Let’s go.” Chanyeol grab Kyungsoo’s hand and they walk side by side.

I walk slowly after them and watch their every step and look how their hands fit perfectly, but I was startled when Sehun nudges me.

“They look cute together, don’t they?” I said.

“Yeah. But you like him, don’t you?” Sehun is not actually asking.

“NO!” I protest. “He’s my best friend’s boyfriend. Why would I like him? I have no right.”

“Everyone has the right to like someone, Byun Baek. You just don’t want to admit the truth that you like him.” Sehun chuckled. “But your eyes are telling me the truth. The way they try to avoid mine right now and the way they stare at him.”

“I don’t want to lose Kyungsoo. He loves him, that’s why I have to give up my feelings for Chanyeol.”

“Okay.”

“Hey, keep it as a secret.”

“Don’t worry Byun. I’m not kind of person.” He replied sarcastically.

“Thanks.”

I look at Chanyeol and Kyungsoo who are already seated and waving at us. I smiled at them before running towards them. Though it hurts to see him with someone else, I'm still happy because my best friend is happy.

 

A/N: here's my second update.. I wonder when did Baek started to like Chanyeol.. but I pity him, he gave up his feelings for Kyungsoo's happiness and to protect their friendship..broken heart

I hope you've enjoy reading. Kamsahamnida :)

P.S:Guys, it might take long before I could update because I would be busy this month. Our midterm exam is fast approaching (I would be busy reviewing.) and I'll be busy practicing our dance too..(I just hope that we'll win..) but I'll still try to update as soon as possible.. wink