Chapter 25

Betray Me Not

The HSC really does end up going to dinner.

 

    “A toast,” Kris says dramatically, ing his glass of soju into the air, “to the wonderful man who bought our food. Kai!”

 

    “Shut up,” Kai grumbles as Yoojin, Kyung Mi, and Yuri clink Kris’ glass, giggling. “I only bought you dinner because you blackmailed me.”

 

    “Still,” Kris grins, biting into another juicy piece of barbeque, “I didn’t actually think you were going to take me seriously.”

 

    Kai avoids looking at Hana, who is sandwiched between Yuri and Kyung Mi, and takes another shot of soju instead. A light, dizzy feeling is spreading through his insides. How many glasses of alcohol has he had already? Kai realizes that he doesn’t know... and frankly, he doesn’t care, either.

 

A quick glance around the table reveals that no one else is sober, anyway... except for Hana. Kai snorts at her upright, slightly awkward demeanor as she stares at everyone else’s soju glasses.

 

    “I hate geezers,” Kai loudly announces to the restaurant, prompting several dirty looks to come his way.

 

    “They’re not geezers,” she slurs. “They’re-,”

 

    “-Seoul’s most respected citizens,” Kyung Mi, Yuri, Kris, and Kai finish. They collapse into tumultuous laughter. Yoojin maintains her serious facade until she, too, bursts into a fit of drunken giggles.

 

    “You guys should stop drinking,” Hana pipes up. She is watching her students with wary eyes.  Are they actually drinking in front of her? They have the gall to act like total idiots in front of her, Professor Oh?

 

    Hana instructs herself to never drink alcohol, even when she reaches the drinking age.

 

    “Is everything good here?” A waitress asks, walking over to their table.

 

    “Can I get some more soju, please?” Kyung Mi hiccups.

 

    “Me, too!” Yoojin and Yuri chirp.

 

    “I’m always up for more soju,” Kai grins, and Kris fist-bumps him.

 

    The waitress nods. “Would you like some soju, ma’am?” she asks, turning to Hana.

 

    “That’s alright,” Hana stiffly replies.

 

    “Awww, why not, Professor Oh?” Yuri whines. She gives her math professor (who made her pee her pants out of fear once) a pouty puppy-dog face. “Relax! Enjoy yourself!”

 

    Hana is about to reprimand her for her ridiculous conduct when Kai laughs, “She can’t have any, even if she wanted to!"

 

    Hana freezes.

 

    “Why not?” Kris says, tipsily turning to Kai.

 

Kai grins goofily. “Because she’s only 19-,”

 

“Because I’m a teacher!” Hana exclaims, slapping her hand over Kai’s mouth. She gives Kai a horrible, chilling glare, which would have made anyone start crying immediately...

 

On the other hand, Kai's eyes merely curve up into amused crescents. He flashes her a cheesy thumbs up, which almost causes Hana to punch him in the face. Kris, Yoojin, Kyung Mi, and Yuri collapse over in hearty guffaws.

 

God, they are so ing plastered, Hana thinks, shaking her head. She is almost grateful that she is only 19- at least the law prevents her from drinking soju and acting like an idiot.

 

“All of you stop drinking!” Hana shrieks, slamming her hands down on the table. “We’re going home!” She turns to the waitress, who is staring at the group open-mouthed. “Can we get a check, please?” Hana requests in a pleading tone. The waitress rapidly nods her head and hurries away.

 

30 minutes later, Hana has called cabs for Kris, Yoojin, Yuri, and Kyung Mi to get them home, paid for their food (kudos to Kai’s credit card, which she fished out of the back pocket of his jeans), and apologized to the restaurant management for the uncouth behavior of her students.

 

Unfortunately, Hana has not dealt with her biggest problem.

 

“Hana,” Kai slurs, stumbling into her arms. Hana balks at his weight, almost collapsing to the pavement. “Your place or mine?”

 

“Get off, moron,” she hisses, raising her arm to flag a taxi.  To her relief, a bright yellow car almost immediately pulls up next to her. Hana heaves Kai into the cab and gets in next to him.  “Oakwood Premier High Rise Complex, please,” she tells the driver.

 

Suddenly, firms arms snake their way around Hana’s waist and pull her flush against a warm body. “So it’s my place, huh?” a husky voice murmurs in Hana’s ear.

 

A tremor passes through Hana’s body. She tries to wrench herself out of Kai’s grasp, but it feels like her body is frozen in place. The scent of cologne and alcohol, intertwined in an enticing musk, wafts into Hana’s nose. Her eyes close just the slightest.

 

“Let’s have fun, Hana,” Kai purrs, rubbing his face into her soft black hair. His hands flit down her body, leaving searing touches over Hana’s skin. “This time, I’ll be the teacher.”

 

Hana’s face is burning so hot that she feels like she is going to explode at any moment. What are you doing?, she screams at herself. Get away from him! He’s drunk! Hell, he probably doesn’t even realize that he’s doing this to Oh Hana; Kai probably thinks this is just another y lady from a nightclub.

 

When Kai’s fingers dance over the buttons of her jeans, Hana snaps out of her stupor.

 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” she growls, hitting him in the face. Kai hisses and jerks backwards, hitting the door of the car. Hana raises her arms and legs, ready to defend herself-

 

Until she hears snoring.

 

Her jaw falls open in disbelief.

 

Kai fell asleep.

 

“You drunk bastard,” Hana whispers, shaking her head. She scoots over to the far corner of her seat. Hana’s head is still spinning from a combination of anger and shock and embarrassment and-

 

“Stop, Hana,” she commands herself, thumping her head against the window.

 

The rest of the ride is in silence.

 


 

Kai’s head is pounding.

 

A stream of cuss words escapes from his lips as he struggles to sit up. I’m... at home. How did I get here?, he wonders, rubbing his temples. All he can remember from yesterday is going to the barbeque restaurant, taking shot after shot of soju-

 

The sound of the microwave suddenly cuts through Kai’s thoughts, causing his head to ache even more. Wincing, Kai makes his way out of bed and into his kitchen. A familiar figure is standing in front of the microwave, arms crossed. Kai’s eyes widen when he takes in the person’s baggy black sweats and enormous grey tshirt.

 

His clothes.

 

Kai feels his face heat up.

 

“Hana?” he asks tentatively, almost unwilling to believe his eyes.

 

"About time you're up," Hana says in a gruff tone, the tips of her ears turning red. Her eyes dart away from Kai. The microwave emits a high beeping sound and Hana withdraws a mug of coffee from it.

 

“Did you take me back home?” he inquires incredulously.

 

“Yeah. You’re welcome.” Hana still isn’t looking at Kai. She squeezes past him, careful not to touch him at all, and takes a seat on the sofa.

 

Kai’s mind is spinning, and it’s not just because of his hangover. “What exactly happened last night?”

 

Hana sighs. “You and Yoojin and Kris and everyone got incredibly drunk last night. I was the only one who hadn’t consumed any alcohol... well, because I’m under the drinking age. So I had to send them all home and then take you home, too.” Hana leaves out the part about using his credit card to pay for dinner. She doesn’t think Kai will be too happy about that.

 

“Did you sleep here?” Kai asks.

 

Hana nods. “I waited for 15 minutes but I couldn’t find a single cab.” She looks down at her mug of coffee. “I- I took some of your clothes because I didn’t want to sleep in jeans. I hope you don’t mind.

 

Kai grins. He doesn't mind at all. In fact, he's very happy that she decided to wear his things. “Lose the pants and you’ll be dandy,” he grins cheekily.

 

Normally, a comment like that would have made Hana throw her coffee on Kai, or at least give him a vicious glare.

 

Therefore Kai is taken aback when Hana turns a deep shade of crimson and looks down at the floor.

 

What’s wrong with her? he wonders. I was just joking-

 

Suddenly, Kai’s stomach drops. He is well aware that when he gets drunk, he acts like a complete . But he couldn’t have done anything to Hana, right?

 

    “Please don’t tell me I did anything to you,” Kai moans.

    Hana throws him an aggrieved look.


A/N: Hana and Kai are adorable hehehe :) ugh I have so much homework fml

ALSO THIS CHAPTER WASN'T EVEN REMOTELY SUPPOSED TO HAVE ANYTHING SUGGESTIVE BUT EXO'S OVERDOSE LIVE PERFORMANCE HAS MADE ME SO UALLY FRUSTRATED ALL OF THEM ARE SO HOT