4th Mission - The Ghost

Ghost Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"He's going out again. Aren't you suppose to stop him?" Chanyeol looked around and realized the bike's gone along with its owner.

"Oh! He can ride the bike by himself this time! I'm proud of him!" Chanyeol stood right next to Kris when he saw Kris only in his pajama pants standing worrily outside of their rooftop yard. Only Sehun can get Kris to worry like a mess.

"Yeah...He is. Chanyeol-ah, I can't stop him. No one can. We're free now but he seems to be stuck in his old self. What if he can't bring himself to live in this kind of world? It's too foreign for him to live without the Command holding him back." Kris sighed and lowered his head to see the cement ground underneath his feet. Signalling Chanyeol to come closer, Kris opened his arms wide and pulled the male into his warm embrace.

The Command is a group of powerful men that control the army especially the special ops called The Order. It was once their only hope to survive in this cruel world but now, there is no reason to worship such a harsh system. Ever since they left the Order, Sehun had a very difficult time to adapt himself to live amongst civilian. The Command or their upperhand never give anyone in the Order an option to live for themselves. Kris remembered every moment he had to accomplish the missions given by the Command, where he had to put the mission ahead of his own life. He never lived for someone else until he met Chanyeol. For the first time in his life, he had someone in his heart that worth living for and Chanyeol slowly became his whole world. 

"He will get used to it, duizhang. He just needs more time." Chanyeol turned his head a bit to plant a kiss on Kris's cheek. He liked the moment when Kris and him can be alone doing anything they want without anyone stopping them. Without the Command or the Order to stop them. He admitted he misses working on given missions but nothing can beat the taste of freedom he has on his tongue now. Not even the Order which still stuck with the crazy system the Command ruled over them.

Yeah, there's no one can hold them back anymore. 

 

 

Sehun could not help himself but to smirk at the man underneath his right foot. They were a group of gangster trying to bully him in the dark alley when he was on his way home after watching over his target. The excitement to kill tickling him from the inside but he remembered what Chanyeol had told him months ago. He only need to kill his target, not civilian.

This is not like the old time. There's no more Sehun from The Order. I'm not the old Sehun anymore...

"You guys should be glad that you're not my target or else, I'd kill you in a matter of seconds with this gun. My hyung always count my bullet in case I use it on someone. Don't make me use it on you, old man!" He kicked the man in his thirty hard right in his chin and grabbed his bike, leaving eight people laid unconscious in the alley. 

 

"Sunbae, all of the victims have been sent to the ICU. Three of them fell into coma and five others are still critical. You know...broken bones, burst spleen..." The detective sighed at the report he received from the fellow officer. Jongwoon took note on victims' identities to make an assumption. According to the tattoo on their wrists, they must be from Hangang, one of the notorious mob in Seoul.

"This must be a gang fight. Ever since the yakuza came to make chaos in our town, the local ones step forward to protect their territories from the foreign mob. Don't you think so, sunbae?" The other detective, Jonghyun voiced out his opinion.

Six months ago, Seoul Police took over a big case involving local mob, Hangang Group with Yamaa, a yakuza group from Roppongi and a triad from Hong Kong, Tai Lung. Disaster can happen if these three mobs mix together. They can trigger a war in the underground world. Yamaa and Tai Lung's people scattered around and took cover in Seoul when a few of their important informant were killed as a warning to their bosses. Murder cases involving gang fight keep increasing but nothing can lead the police to them but luckily, the recent fight in the alley worth a shot for them. The victims will eventually lead them to a useful source. 

 

"One of them woke up this morning and began to scream like a madman! He told me he saw a monster!" Jonghyun reported to his senior and he saw Jongwoon's brows drew close. The police station was too noisy as  the annoying drunken man and some fighting couples made a lot of ruckus so he brought Jonghyun into the empty interrogation room.

"What's wrong with him? Loose screw? It must be bad..." Jonghyun shook his head and took out his notebook. 

"I wrote everything he yelled at me before the nurse came around to sedate him. Look at this." The younger detective gave him the notebook to look at.

"Tall, skinny, dressed in all-black, monster-like strength and riding a bike? What kind of monster is that? How do we find this guy? It sounds a bit...nonsense. That guy is probably still drunk." Jongwoon sighed and looked through the note again.

"Well, he freaked out whenever I asked about the attacker. I can tell you that monster was strong enough to beat up eight bulky guys." Jongwoon looked up at his partner who was leaning against the grey wall opposite to him.

"A kid? Are you serious?"

Kids nowadays are scary...but my twin kids are even scarier.

"Yeah, he mentioned it like this, 'that kid was a sick monster!'. I'd say that if I had a gun in my mouth."

"So, this kid got a gun. Did he mention anything else?" Jongwoon asked again while his brain working on the information given by his loyal partner.

"Nothing useful except they tried to bully and mug the kid but their asses ended up being beaten like a punching bag. I'd take this as an act of self defense though. We can't take him in anyway when all he did was to defense himself. This kid must be a taekwondo master. He took them all down like a pro. We can only charge him for having a gun though, if he shows up." Jonghyun could imagine how dumbstruck they were when they realized they just hit the wrong button on that kid. 

"Any description about how this monster kid looked like?" Jongwoon asked while gritting his teeth. There is no doubt the other gang would do anything -

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter