Prologue - The Rendezvous

Ghost Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun already ahead of Chanyeol and Kris when he ran into the forest, barefoot and extremely exhausted. He had been in lockup for days without food and water until he escaped the small and cold square box. He took out his gun and suddenly fear rushed into him as sound of the gun being shot wildly gotten louder and closer until he fell flat on the ground. A stray bullet caught in his flesh just right above his ankle. He groaned and checked the bleeding wound before he ducked at the search dog's wild barks. Ignoring the pain that began to spread up to his knee, he got up and sprinted towards the light he saw from afar.

A village? No...City? Seoul?

"Just a little bit more..." Minutes later, the shooting stopped and he couldn't stop himself from putting on a smug as he jumped off the cliff and harshly landed on dried leaves, leaving his knees scraped and bum dirty. He squinted his eyes in attempt to see the light appeared before him clearly.

So this is the city Chanyeol-hyung always talks about...

He forgot when was the last time he went to the city. Maybe it was four years ago? Or five? He couldn't remember. He supposed it was an unnecessary memory that worth remembering.

"Finally." After crossing a few roads and drains for about 40 minutes, the beautiful sight of Seoul City managed to steal his attention and he walked to the pavement without getting bothered by the strange look people gave at his dirty garment and bloody foot. The pain in his leg has suddenly gone as he continued to walk and walk along the path while looking around to feed his eyes with all the entertainment he saw on the street. Hunger didn't even stop him from keep walking and watching the colourful screen on the side of the building. Standing quietly in front of Nike's shop, he brushed away all the dirt on his clothes, face and hair when he saw his filthy self against the glass window before he walked again.

The cold night of January reminded him that he only had a black wifebeater and three-quarter sweatpants on his body but the coldness didn't bother him at all. He just walked into the crowd in a lost kid and suddenly the image of Chanyeol and Kris looking for him around the dark forest feared him. Without Chanyeol and Kris to guide him in the crowd of people, he might get a panic attack thinking about not getting food and water to wash away the three-days hunger and having no place to crash to sleep at night. He was damn tired, exhausted and hungry to even think about their meeting in front of the King Sejong Statue. 

Where is the statue anyway? 

He combed his dishevelled platinum hair to the back when his stomach growled for a burger as he walked passed a fast food restaurant. He bit hard on his chapped lip until he found an answer to his question.

 

 

"Dude, I'm ing lost! Where can I find the king statue here?" He grabbed a teenager and the boy gave him a disgusted look. The boy ogled him up and down before Sehun cleared his throat to stop the boy from wasting his precious time. 

"Can't you just ask properly? It's rude to grab people around! You mean King Sejong Statue? Jeez...Just walk around the block and then, you have to cross the road. That's-" Sehun nudged the boy off his way and began to walk according to the direction given.

"Baekhyun, who's that? Homeless? He must be crazy to walk around just like that in this cold weather. He's practically , for God's sake!" Another boy in uniform appeared from behind and grimaced at the view of an odd boy walking around only in thin clothes and yet, barefoot.

"Hmm...Just some crazy teenage boy I guess. What's wrong with him anyway, walking around like that? It's kinda late though. You should see the blood on his leg! It looked so real, Kai!" Baekhyun was still in awe at his finding. Kai sighed. He could only shrug. But that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter