Me? Juliette

The Sleeping Beauty and Juliette

Eunjoo POV

     It was six thirthy when I woke up the next morning. I lay under my blanket and watches the clock as the second hand went around and aound. Was it my imagination or was it going faster than normal? Had an hour become half an hour, a minute becomes thirthy seconds? I reached out and placed the clok facedown on my bedside table.

     Sunshines flooded into my bedroom, birds sang in the beech tree outside and gently breeze threaded through the slighty open window. I stretched my body as I yawned. I got up and went straight to the bathroom to have my shower. After I have my shower, I went to the kitchen to have my breakfast.

There wasn't a lot of room in the kitchen when the chairs were pushed back. The food smells delicious and I really wished that I could eat them all. I even fancied that my stomach were rumbling. I eat my breakfast and went out the house. 

 

- School -

 

     I arrived at school at seven thirthy. I looked at my pink-coloured watch, I still have another 30 minutes to spend here. So, I decided to find SoAe. First, I went to her class. All of the boys in her class were woo-ing at me. I can't help myself but to give them a bow. I asked a boy who was sitting in front. 

"Have you seen SoAe?" I asked as I tried to be super friendly.

"She usualy came at seven forty-five. By the way, I'm Bambam." he gaved me a winked and that's super unusual. I never had this kind of feeling before. I smiled at him while I put my hand in my hair.

     After a while, SoAe walked in the class. She smiled as I waved my hand to her. 

"Eunjoo-ah, I think you have some misunderstood on your friend." she said, stretching out her legs and placed her hands on my shoulder.

I bit my lip as if she said something she'll regretted.

"If I have some misunderstood, what's the real deal?"

"Why don't you ask herself. She'll explaine them."

     I narrowed my eyes.

"She's the one to be blame!" I murmured. She placed the back of her hand against my forehead.

"You should not blame anyone, well she said that she must finnish her project before today. Can you just forgive her, already?" the school bell rang right after she said that. That's a relief. I don't want to argue with her about this silly thing. I went back to my class. Maybe there is a place where I acted super stubborn. Such as right now!

 

- Class -

 

"Why does hot guys always be my crush?"

 

Why? And I know that I have a huge crush on a jerk. Just why? Why him?

     "Bang~!" I startled after I heard a loud noise coming out from something next to me. I stared at Mark (my crush is now right next to me). He shot a smile and that's easily killing me inside. 

     "You're late!" I said to him as I gave him a glance.

     "I know. I haven't finnish my homework. Lend me yours." He said. I really hate it when someone asked me to lend my homework. It's my homework! I mean, my masterpiece! But this time, it's really hard to reject this special request. I gave him my History exercise book and continue doing my sketches.

     "I don't need history book. I want your Math exercise book." he looked around, stepped closer, and kept his voice low. He was really close to my face. Maybe an inch apart??

I tried to say 'no' but my voice just made a gurgling sound like I was straggling or something. I gulped and took a deep breath.

     "Sure." I cringed. I couldn't believe I just said that. I am such an IDIOT!

Then I watched , spellbound, as I handed him my Math exercise book in what seemed like slow motion. I almost DIED, right there on the spot, when our fingers accidentally TOUCHED . . . I will FOREVER remember the words he whispered into my trembling ear:

 

"Um . . . I think you . . . drop your sketching pencil?"

 

I blushed and my knees started feeling all wobbly. 

 

"Probably my pencil . . ."

"Yeah, probably . . ."

 

Unfortunately, our very serious emotional conversation was rudely interrupted by Mr. Kim, our History teacher. He started to pick up my sketching pencil. He rolled his eyes at Mr. Kim in a very chivalrous manner, and then he kind of smiled at me again. In spite of everything that had just happened, I suddenly felt very happy and butterflyish all over.

     But that feeling lasted only about 10 seconds, because that's how long it took me to notice Lee Nari. She was so angry, her whole face was all droopy and distorted. 

 

- 3 hours later  -

 

I waited for Mr. Min, our Science teacher, finished his speech. A very long speech but the great thing is, we don't have any homework for today! The school bells rang and all of the student packed their back including me. Sleeping Beauty is still sleeping. I decided to wake him up.

     " Ya! Wake up." I poked him with my pencil. He woke up and stares at me. I decided not to look at him after what he done just to copy my homework. We're about to kiss! It's horrible but great in the same time. I went out the class and met SoAe outside my class.

"Looks like you're being social with your crush!" she said as she poiting at Mark as he walks out the class.

"No, I'm not! I just being nice." I protested. She just smirked and keep on her tease.

"You have a crush on him!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you do!"

"Well, yes, I do."

     She slighty punched me. I was just like 'Ouch!' and she was just like 'I know it from the way you behave!'

"Let's just not talk about it!" I dragged her away.

 

On our way to cafeteria, we met Bambam and Mark. The feel~ -.- I greet them and forced a smile.

"We met again Miss Juliette.' I giggle in over-friendly was as Bambam said that.

"Who's your Juliette?" I retorted.

"I think you should find your Romeo, Juliette." he said. It was so emberassing that he purposely said that! "I have found you your Romeo." he pointed Mark and I can't stop blushing. I need a distraction!

     I suddenly saw Hyunjeong walks toward us. I stoped blushing and feel very nervous. What sholud I said to her?

     "Oh, hi, celebrity stranger!" Hyunjeong says putting her weight on one leg and puffing slighty. "Did you decide I was cool enough to talk to after all?"

     "Yes! I should hang out with you more often. Sorry that I have some misunderstood issue with you." She changes leg and stretches in silence for what feels like ages. Then she jumps up and says, "Yeah. Well, it's okay. You should still know that you were bang out of order, though."

     "I, ah, know that," I mumbled uncertainly, watching as Bambam, Mark and SoAe wander off into the crowds.

     "Good," She started to smile and hugged me. I felt quiet proud of myself. "Come on, Juliette." She said as she dragged me to the school cafe.

 

SoAe POV

 

     I bought Bambam and Mark variety of snacks and chips. We sit on a table where the cool kids sit. It's pretty annoying because this seat is next to Nari's clique. This situation is so awkward, so I decided to start a small conversation.

     "What do you mean about the Juliette thingy?" I asked Bambam. He smiled and explaine these:

     "Well, actually I must admit that Eunjoo is kind of beautiful," It's kind of angry when he said that. " and I like the way she like Mark."

     "She's a dork. That's why I love her." I said as I pointed my spoon downward. I looked at Mark's face. I can tell you nothing. I can't read his expression aka he's showing a pokerface.

     "Who's her crush actually?" Bambam asked me this strange question. I wouldlike to keep this secret. But this is not a secret right? She didn't tell me to shut me mouth. I decided to tell them the crush thingy.

     "She said to me just now that she likes Mark." I said. Mark just smiled like he aleady know his stuff. I suddenly feel guilty. What do I do? "I guess she's having a good times with Hyunjeong right now." I change the topic so that they will NOT talked about this anymore. I exhaled heavilly.

 

 

"Unni, I'm sorry~"

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Lee Nari

- The school mean girl.

- Always hang out with the cool kids.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

2nd chapter! Arghhh! I'm so damn excited. Achoo~! I'm having a really-not-so-bad flu right now. Don't catch a cold.