RECOVERING...

CHOI MINHO, AN IDOL...AND A FANBOY?

 

[SARAH]

I flickered my eyelids open and saw blinding light coming from the window on my right. Everything was white and there was a white blanket bunched up until my midsection. I felt my hand being weighed down by something.

I looked towards my left hand and saw Minho leaning over my bed. He was holding onto my hand, eventually burying it under his arms and head. I refrained myself from moving too much so as not to wake him up.

Too late, he just did.

“Jagi? Omo! Did I wake you?”  I asked him. “Sorry.”

“Hmm…Jagi! You’re finally awake! Thank God!”  Minho yelled, his baritone voice filling the room. He wasted no time showering me with butterfly kisses.

“W-Where am I? How long have I been out?”

“Jagiya, you’re in the hospital. You’ve been unconscious for the last two days. I was so scared I was gonna loose you!”  Minho said as he dove in and hugged me while I tried to sit up. I saw his stuff all over the room when I was in the hug.

“I’m sorry Minho.”  I started off. He had that confused look on me. “I’m sorry for not being there when I told you I would. How did your party go?”  I asked him, knowing how I broke my promise.

“How could you think about that Jagi? Forget it. It’s more important to me that I know you’re fine.”  He replied.

“B-But…But…I promised…I told you how important promises are to me…You also said that my promises mean a lot to you.”

“Yes jagi, your promises are everything to me. But it wasn’t your fault…Which brings me…Who did that to you, huh?”  I can see Minho’s eyes in rage as he asked me that. “Who locked you up in that closet or whatever the hell it was?”  He asked again, this time with more anger.

“S-Sorry jagi but I have no idea…I just remember a group of fans rushing towards me…I knew they weren’t fans of yours though…Otherwise they’d be in the function hall at your party and not in the hallway…Plus they were going the wrong way…Like away from your party…”  I said as I recalled that awful day.

“It’s ok Jagi…I let this one go for now since you’re fine now and you can’t remember anything…But if this happens again, so help me…”  He said before pulling me in another drowning embrace.

“How was your party?”  I asked him.

“Everything went well…I made the announcement even when you weren’t around…That’s why hyung is out there dealing with the publicity.”  He answered as he kissed my head and I buried my face in his chest.

“Sorry if I caused too much trouble…”  I said as my voice came out muffled by his shirt.

“You didn’t cause any trouble Jagi…Don’t say that…”  He simply replied.

“Gaaaah! Noona! You’re awake!”  Taemin screamed a little when he entered the room. He quickly run over to me and inspected my arms, legs, and neck for bruises and what not. When he didn’t find any, he pulled me into a rather suffocating hug and pecked my cheek.

“Tae, you and Minho should really stop showering me with kisses. I haven’t bathed in two days…I’m pretty sure I smell gross.”  I reminded them.

Nonsense. Hyung has been giving you sponge baths.”  He said innocently.

“Eh?”  I looked at him puzzled then to Minho who was blushing 10 shades of red. I unconsciously raised the blanket to my chest.

“Whaaaat?! They were gonna have a male nurse give you a sponge bath…I can’t let him do that…”  Minho sounded defensive.

“Yup…It’s not like you haven’t been…You know, with hyung as well…”  Taemin shrugged. My jaw dropped at what Taemin said. How does he know that?

I felt a little embarrassed at what Taemin said. “Stop it Taemin…You’re prying in our business now.”  Minho reprimanded his dongsaeng.

“Sorry hyung…”  Taemin mumbled as he offered me some chips.

“No thanks Tae.”  I told him. “So, when can I get out of here? You know I hate hospitals right.”

“Until the doctor says you can.”  Minho simply replied.

“B-But…But….”

“No buts jagiya, you’re staying for as long as you have to. No shortcuts…Don’t worry jagi; I’ll be here with you all the time.”  He told me in a reprimanding tone.

He cupped my face and sealed his reminder to me with a kiss.

“Wait!”  I burst out as I pulled away. “How are your fans taking the news? They aren’t happy are they? Jin-ssi is probably mad at me for stirring so much chaos…”  I sulked on my bed and rested my head back.

I saw Minho and Taemin snickering off to the side. They were exchanging knowing looks all the while.

“What is it? Why are you laughing? Tell me…”

“Well…It’s just that, you’re acting so paranoid. If you’d only known…”  Tae answered.

“Known? Known what? Come on…Just tell me already.”  I cooed.

“They took it better than we hoped for jagi. You can relax now…And we can finally go out in public…”  Minho said as he hugged me by my waist.

“I see you’re already up.”  The doctor said as he entered my room. “You’re looking good. It seems like you’re feeling better as well.”  He greeted me.

“I'd feel a lot better if I was outa here…”  I grumbled and rolled my eyes.

“Jagi…Be nice!”  Minho glared at me. I can’t help it…I really don’t like hospitals…It makes my stomach churn and makes me feel like I’m getting sicker. I ran my tongue through the top row of my teeth and hissed at Minho.

Minho puckered his lips at me in return to taunt me.

“Don’t worry Saera, you can go out by tomorrow.”  The doctor assured me.

“Really?”  My expression brightened.

“Yes. So just take this whole day to rest and promise you wouldn’t stress yourself too much once you get out of these walls.”  He said and eyed me as if he was expecting me to actually say yes. I can’t. How am I gonna take it easy? My job is dancing…There’s no way I could take that easy.

“Fine…”  I unwillingly answered as I have no choice. He might make me stay here if I don’t agree with him…

I don’t plan on taking it easy so I only said fine instead of promising.

 

 

[MINHO]

“Jagi…What are you doing here? You should be resting…I should be the one doing that for you…”  I whined standing beside Sarah who was stirring a pot of pasta sauce. It had only been a week since she got out of the hospital.

“Can you cook Seafood Puttanesca?”  She asked plainly.

I waited and thought, I really don’t know how to cook that so most definitely, I’ll loose this conversation. I don’t want to answer her question knowing what my fate will be but she was waiting for a reply. Damn, why’d Key have to ask for such a difficult dish?

“Erm…No?”  I replied, almost with an eye closed not wanting to see how she’ll tease me.

“See…How can you cook if you don’t know how to? It's ok jagi…I can do this. It isn’t even tiring.”  She replied and glanced at me to give me an assuring smile.

I pecked her cheek and stayed by the island behind her just to look after her but I guess she sensed me.

“I can still smell you. Seriously Minho, go to the living room and relax. I’ll be fine here.”  She said and I forced myself to be an obedient boyfriend and listen to her.

Halfway to the living room I heard her voice from the kitchen.

“Onew! Come here and taste this!”  She half shouted. In just a few seconds, Onew hyung was half stumbling, rushing over to the kitchen. I followed him closely behind.

“Hey! Why didn’t you ask me taste it instead? I was there just a second ago…”  I eyed her quizzically, peeking from the where I was.

“Because jagi, I don’t want you to spoil your appetite. Tasting the food would do that. But Onew has different case. He doesn’t loose appetite no matter how many times he tastes food so he’s my official taste tester.”  She explained.

I nodded as I turned around and disappeared to the living room. It hasn’t been a while that I was sitting and watching a game with Taemin that I heard a crashing noise in the kitchen and I knew with Onew hyung there, that was bound to happen. I went in to check on him and just when I got there, Sarah tried to help him up but he ended up slipping again; this time bringing Sarah down.

I laughed at them heartily even patting my stomach and slapping the wall beside me. But then I realized that Sarah had landed on top of Onew hyung, their face inches away. I swiftly lifted Sarah up and excused Onew hyung.

“Ahahahaha!”  Sarah mocked my laughing. “How could you laugh first before helping me up?”  She whined and scrunched her face at me.

“Sorry jagi…But you should’ve seen the way you fell…It was like a frog who doesn’t know how to jump and land…”  I said between laughs.

“I guess you’d know that being that you’re a frog as well…”  She shrugged and pinched my nose. I wailed in pain and lifted her off the ground which made her let go of my possibly reddening nose.

“Love you jagi!”  I said before putting her down and pecking her lips, and went back to the game.

 

 

 

 

 


 

---> sorry i haven't updated in a while...

was busy with work and preparations for my 21st bday...

anyway, i hope you guys enjoy this chapy...

the next will be up sooner...