THE ENGAGEMENT...

CHOI MINHO, AN IDOL...AND A FANBOY?

 

[MINHO]

“Sarah, jagi…Aren’t you done yet? You’ve been in there for three hours now! That 7th dress you tried on was good like the past 6 dresses! Just make up your mind already!”  I said getting a bit frustrated with her. She’s been in there trying on clothes. She’s only meeting my parents and I’m sure they’re gonna love her for being herself and not for how she dresses.

Not long after my constant nagging, like Kibum does everyday, she opened the door of OUR room whilst pouting at me and slouching her back like a kid. She had a worried look in her eyes.

“Jagiyaaaaaaa…Are you absolutely sure you want your parents to meet me? I’m a mess…”  She whined at me. I and the others all snapped our gazes at her, shocked at what she was trying to say.

“That’s coming from a girl who spent the last three hours trying to decide on what to wear and just now, came out her hair down in a white dress looking like an angel? Have you checked the mirror?”  Kibum explained, dumbfounded by Sarah’s earlier comment.

“What?! Why?! Do I have something on my face?!”  Sarah panicked and ran over to the nearest mirror she can think of and ended up shoving me out of her way.

She heard all of us snickering and turned to us looking freaked out but absolutely adorable. “Why are you guys making fun of me? I’m really scared here!!!”  She yelled out in frustration and grumbled to the counter, propping her elbows there and setting her face on her palms.

Taemin came to her side and nudged her. “Noona, what are you so scared about? You’re only meeting hyung’s parents… It’s not like they’re gonna eat you alive.”

“But I’m so worried…What if they dislike me? What if they don’t approve of me outright?”

“Sarah, look…Now, we’re a tougher critic and so is Jin hyung, than Minho’s parents and you already got passed us. Plus Minho would be beside you the whole time.”  Onew hyung tried to assure her to calm her down.

I stepped in front when Onew hyung said that and held my hand out to Sarah. “Come on jagi. It’ll be fine. My parents would love you.”  I told her.

I know they would because they support me all the time and Sarah’s not one to be hated. She’s a very likable person.

She took my hand and eventually, we drove off to my parents’ house. I told my parents I wanted to introduce Sarah to them. They were very eager to meet her and have suggested having her over for a normal lunch.

We arrived at my parents’ house and were surprised to find several more cars there.

“Minho!”  Sarah squealed a little. “What’s this? I thought it was just a normal lunch. I’m so not dressed for this…”  She cried worriedly.

“I have no idea jagi. They told me to come over and bring you for lunch but they never told me it’d be with the whole family.”  I said seeing that there were a lot of people in the house.

“Whole family? Jagi, this looks more like your entire clan…”  I laughed at Sarah’s assumption. They can’t all be there.

We got to the door and before we could even ring the doorbell, my parents came out the door welcoming me and Sarah. Eomma hugged her and I held her hand through it…

“Eomma I think that’s enough for now.”  I told my mother.

“Yeah…Uhm…Yeobo you have the whole day to do that. Let’s just get inside and eat. I bet my boy and his girlfriend is starving.”  Appa said.

“Uhm…Sorry for not introducing myself sir. My name is Lee Saera.”

“Yes dear, I know. Minho here actually calls regularly to tell us stories about you. He’s been planning to have us meet you for a while now.” Sarah squeezed my hand upon hearing that.

“Uhm jagi, the presents.”  Sarah said reminding me to get the Christmas present she bought for my parents and my brother. Yeah, I forgot to mention, this was 2 days after Christmas.

“Oh right!”  I exclaimed. “Let me just get them.”  I quickly went back to the car and retrieved the presents.

I got back in just a minute and handed the gifts over to appa.

“Sorry…I didn’t really know what to get you. Minho, for some reason wouldn’t say what specifically you like. I hope you like them.”  She said and bows for the second time. This girl has been here quite a while and still overdoes the bows…

“Oh I love this girl already Minho…”  Appa joked, pertaining to Sarah’s gifts.

My parents lead us in and even I was surprised at the welcoming that Sarah got from everybody. It’s like my parents told everyone about the stuff I shared to them. Sarah fit right in and I just can’t help but smile the widest at what is unfolding.

We got through lunch with everyone hammering me and, mostly, Sarah questions that made both of us look down and blush.

After lunch, I left Sarah to be entertained by my brother, aunts and uncles and cousins. My parents had signalled me earlier to follow them by the garden. I went there and brought them some tea.

“I think she’s really lovely Minho. You picked such a winner.”  My mom said before taking a sip of the tea.

“She’s ok by my book as well, son. How is she getting along with your friends and with your manager?”  I know appa was just worried about how our relationship had affected my career. The past weeks have been quite difficult as the press have been at Sarah’s tale for practically everyday. I was worried it was gonna tear us apart as I have turned her quiet life into a complete chaos.

“I’m glad you do…She really makes me happy and I feel like my life’s already complete.”  I said and both of them eyed me in a heartbeat.

“Mi-Minho…Are you saying what I think you’re saying?”  Eomma said, a hand slightly covering her gaping mouth.

“Omo…My son is a man now…I’m so proud of you Minho, because I can see how much you love her and would fight for her; and that assures me that I raised you to be a fine man.”

The talk with them was quick and when I got inside I saw Sarah at the living room, laughing with everyone fitting right in like a puzzle piece. I went there and broke the perfect picture. I excused Sarah from the conversation going on to have some alone time with her for the first time this whole day.

“Jagi, where are we going?”  She asked as she squeezed my hand lightly, which was holding her by the waist leading to my room. The room I grew up using.

“I want to show you my room.”  I told her. “Don’t you wanna see how cool I had been ever since I was a kid?”

“Mhm…Confident much, are we…”  She let out.

“Jagi, what’s your favourite game back when you were still a kid?”  I asked her…

“I loved playing house back then and unnie would always play with me. Why? What did you love playing as a kid?”

“Well…Soccer and other sports…”  I told her as we were entering my room.

I made her sit on the bed and browse through my stuff and some old photos.

“Omo! Jagi what is this? What…Are you doing what I think you’re doing?”  Sarah exclaimed. I must have been kneeling there in the center of my room, on one knee, for 15 minutes already.

“Shhh! Jagiya, let me just say my piece first before you say anything ok…”  I said sternly. It took her that long to notice me? Aish! This girl.

“Sarah…When I realized I liked you, we were already leaving Paris and I just about lost all hope…It even came to the point when I lost passion for what I do. But when I got to know you, I regained that passion and life and everyday I fell for you even more. I never thought this chance would come but since I’m absolutely sure that there’s no one I’d rather be with but you…Lee Saera, marry me…Please…”

She ran toward me and went down to my level kissing me full on the lips.

“Jagi, can you please answer me…So I can stand up now…”  I asked her while she was hugging me tightly and I maintained my position.

“In a heartbeat, Minho…I love you very much.”  She said as her voice was muffled by tears and my shoulder.

I moved to stand up and brought her head to my chest. I wiped the tears that she shed and we stayed like that till she calmed down.

When we went back down everyone wanted to take a look at the ring I gave her. Eomma eventually pulled Sarah to have a moment with her.

 

[SARAH]

“I’m just going to get the fruits from the kitchen.”  Mrs. Choi said.

“Let me help you with that Mrs. Choi”  I said as I followed her into the kitchen.

“Please stop calling me that. Call me eomma or eomeoni. You’re part of the family now.”  She told me.

“Erm…Ne, eo-eomeoni…”  I answered and gave a slight bow. In an instant, I felt Mrs. Choi’s hand lightly grasped mine.

“I want you to feel welcomed and I want you to know that I and Minho’s appa are happy for the two of you. Thank you for making Minho, as happy as he is and taking good care of him.”  She said, eyeing me intently.

Out of instinct I hugged her. I hugged her like I would hug my mom. I felt loved and supported and it was the best feeling in the world. Well…Next to being with Minho anyway.

“Thank you Mrs. Choi…Erm…I mean…eo-eomeoni.”

“Well…Now we just have to meet your parents.”  She suddenly blurted out.

I choked at my own saliva upon hearing her. “M-My parents?”  No…No….Oh please...Not my parents…

“Ne. Your parents. You can’t get married without them honey.”

“Oh…Right…Uhm we should take this to them. They’re probably waiting.”  I said to change the topic and grabbed a tray of fruits, raised it a little to show it off to her and smiled brightly.

When we came back, I was surprised to see the other members and Jin-ssi there. As it turns out, they know about Minho proposing to me today. I’m not surprised at all.

“Jagi…Your mother said something about meeting my parents…”  I whispered to Minho.

“I know…I told my parents I wanted to ask for your hand officially from your parents. They said they wanted to be there and meet your parents as well.”  He whispered back in my ears, even trailing his hand on my lower back.

Oh gosh no…Not my parents…

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

---> hey guys....my apologies that the update took a while...

work has been so stressful it took me a week to complete this chapter...

anyway, i hope you enjoy this chapter... :))