The Last Person

The Three People You Meet In Heaven

Sanghyuk was whisked away, into another dimension, another place. He did not know the difference between day and night for he doesn’t know how many hours had pass since his death. He walked into this particular shop and smelled the familiar scent of coffee. Coffee reminded him of Taekwoon. This is where they first met, a café which Sanghyuk worked as a barista and Taekwoon was a frequent customer of this particular café. Stepping into the café reminded him of the memories, of when they used to whisper sweet nothings into each other’s ear near the café’s closing time, in a booth in the far corner where no one could see them. Sanghyuk missed those times, especially when he sleeps alone in the bed at night. He missed his warmth, his scent, those hugs and kisses, most important of all, he missed him. Sanghyuk’s heart would ache whenever he thought of the hyung who left him with just a letter by his bedside table.

He thought he was imagining things when he felt those arms wrap themselves around him. He thought he was imagining his chin on his shoulder. He closed his eyes and the aching feeling came back. He fell in love, hard. And he never thought that it would hurt this much for someone close to leave. Tears started streaming down his face. He felt a thumb gently wiping off his tears. Sanghyuk opened his eyes and saw him. Taekwoon, the hyung whom he hasn’t seen for so long. He had a hundred and one questions in his mind. Yet, he can’t speak for the pain is unbearable. It’s almost as if someone had pulled out his heart and tried to stuff it back in. He could only let the older man cradle him in his arms as he let the tears run freely.

They said you could only cry a certain amount of tears a day before you run out of them. Sanghyuk doesn’t know how long has he sobbed, he just doesn’t want the man before him to disappear. Taekwoon pulled Sanghyuk into his embrace and rubbed soothing circles on his back. “Sanghyuk-ah, it’s okay. I won’t leave you again.” Sanghyuk only responded by wrapping his arms tightly around Taekwoon’s waist. The older man smiled as his sobs died down to occasional hiccups before he went totally quiet.

Taekwoon rested his chin on the crown of Sanghyuk’s head before speaking in his soft yet high-pitched voice.

“Sanghyuk, hyung is really sorry for leaving a few years ago… I had to leave to Canada for cancer treatment…”

Sanghyuk spoke, his voice hoarse from all the crying. “Why didn’t you tell me? I would have went to Canada with you.”

“Silly. I didn’t want you to see me when I’m doing chemotherapy. It’s horrible, I look horrendous. And I thought it would be better if I face that alone so…”

“That is the amount of faith you have in me? I wouldn’t have left you just because you look horrendous alright. I love you because you are you and I will always love you no matter what you’ve become.” 


A/N : this story is coming to an end soon, thank you all 30 subscribers for staying with me. the next chapter will be the last chapter, which i don't know when can i update since i'm having an upcoming national exam in less than 2 months' time. so i hope you guys will be patient and wait for the final chapter. once again, thank you all!