The Second Person

The Three People You Meet In Heaven

Sanghyuk woke up and found himself in front of a school, his former high school to be exact. He tried talking again and this time, he could speak like he used to. He walked into the school and everything was pretty much the same. Except that there was one person waiting for him at the cafeteria. He walks towards the silhouette and finds himself looking at his first boyfriend, Hongbin. The latter held his breath and waited for Sanghyuk to speak but no words can be spoken. It’s like his voice is stuck in his throat.

Sanghyuk met Hongbin when he was in his freshman year of high school. Hongbin was a junior then, 2 years older than him. Well, you could have called it love at first sight. They both became good friends after being in some study programme, consequently leading to Sanghyuk skipping two years and be in the same year as Hongbin. As both of them are popular amongst girls, having lunch at the rooftop became a routine between them. Sparks flew and bam! Within a few months, they got together.

Managing a relationship is not easy for the both of them. Being in different classes are making things harder than they already were. Furthermore, they will be having their finals and leaving high school for university in a few months. While things are getting rough, so is their relationship.

Hongbin had a secret. And Sanghyuk helped to keep that secret even though he’s the victim. He wanted to help Hongbin. He didn’t want to give up their relationship like that. But he had no choice. He wasn’t given a choice when the knife cut through his skin. He wasn’t given a choice when the same knife penetrated his heart.

However, he survived, though he never forgot about the pain. Hongbin went to an asylum and Sanghyuk never saw him again. What is he doing here? Did he- nah. No way.

Hongbin chuckled. “I’m dead as well. Died in the asylum due to medicine overdose. It’s funny how life works eh? I almost killed you and someone else wanted me dead.”

“I forgot about that incident. Someone fixed me,” Sanghyuk laughed a bitter laugh.

“He’s the one who broke me too.”

“Ah, I think I know who you’re referring to, even though I haven’t met him personally. And I’m truly sorry for all the damaged I’ve caused. I still love you a lot.” Hongbin bit his lip and gave Sanghyuk an awkward hug.

“Don’t worry about it hyung,” he paused and replied with hesitation “I love you too, but not in that way anymore.”

“I understand.” Hongbin stepped away from Sanghyuk and vanished when a beam of light shined upon him.

“Goodbye hyung. I wish you all the best…”


A/N : sorry for the long wait, weekend schedules were hectic ;_; and i personally feel that this chapter was a bit rushed. i promise that the next update would be better! ~.~