The First Person

The Three People You Meet In Heaven

A/N : Italics for Sanghyuk's thoughts. Edited the content a little. Please answer the poll below! 


 

Sanghyuk woke up and finds himself on a deserted road. Where am I? He opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out. What’s going on? He walked around in search of answers and spotted a familiar redhead. N hyung? The redhead turned around and saw him. “Sanghyuk-ah!” The redhead jogged towards him. Hyung! What’s going on? Why can’t I speak? “Calm down baby. You can’t talk because it’s a rule for newcomers that they can’t speak once they arrive. To help them listen better.” Hakyeon pulled Sanghyuk into a hug which the younger gladly accepted. He hadn’t had such a warm hug since he left him. The younger sighed in his embrace and rested his head on the redhead’s shoulder.

Both of them met at an orphanage. Perhaps they were destined to meet like this. It’s fate.

Sanghyuk was only 5 when he first stepped into the orphanage. He was welcomed by a woman with black hair, wearing weird tribal clothes. He was so scared that he did what most kids will do. He hid behind a woman which was his mom. But his mom then proceeded into a man’s car, leaving him alone with that crazy woman. That was when he met Hakyeon, who was 10 then. Hakyeon told him that to survive in the orphanage and to get adopted, he will have to fend for himself. But Hakyeon had taken care of him until he was adopted by a family.

After being adopted, memories of the orphanage began to fade. However, he never forgot about the one hyung who took care of him when he was young and vulnerable.

Hyung? “Yes baby?” What are you doing here? “Me? I’m here to guide you.” Guide me? “To help you get away from your sadness. You need to learn to let go. Deep inside, you know that you will always love him, no matter what he did to you. So why are you hurting yourself by hating him when you can’t do it?”

For once in a long time, Sanghyuk thought about the man who changed his life and tears began falling. He didn’t know why he cried. He had hidden everything so well for the past few years. He didn’t thought that concealing his feelings and letting it out all at once could hurt and his heart hurts so bad. He started hyperventilating and Hakyeon just wrapped his arms around his thin frame, soothing his heart ever so slightly.

Sanghyuk calmed down after a while and sudden realisation hit him. Hyung, you are here so it means that you are- “Yes, I’m dead. I died way before you did.” How did you- Hakyeon chuckles softly. “Still so many questions after all those years. I died in a car crash, just that mine was a tad worse as compared to yours.” Sanghyuk nodded slowly, not wanting to know the details. “No more questions?” Sanghyuk shook his head. “Alright then! I shall get going now.” Sanghyuk was knocked out and Hakyeon was gone.