Prologue

The Three People You Meet In Heaven

The last time Sanghyuk and Taekwoon met was the day before they broke up. Well more like Taekwoon broke Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk was barely legal when he first met Taekwoon. He thought that even though the older man was quiet, he had what he wanted. Warmth, security and most important of all, love.

That’s why he didn’t understand when the older man initiated the break up. They both love each other so much that one could hardly survive without the other. They went through tough times together. Sanghyuk’s parents didn’t like them together. So he moved in with Taekwoon.

That was when he noticed that Taekwoon’s house wasn’t as normal as it seemed. There were bottles of pills everywhere. Taekwoon noticed his distraction and went on to explain in a whisper that those pills belong to someone else.

Sanghyuk has been living with him for a few months. He didn’t notice that Taekwoon would look much more pale and deadly when he wakes up in the morning. He didn’t notice that Taekwoon’s clothes have gotten far too large for him. He didn’t notice that when they were cuddling, Taekwoon would stay quiet, even though he was quiet most of the time. He was so quiet that his breathing could not be heard.

He only noticed all of that when he woke up in the morning to find Taekwoon missing. Taekwoon has left a letter on the side table, addressing to Sanghyuk.

Dearest Sanghyuk,

We can’t be together anymore. I’m leaving for Canada on a 2am flight. Take care.

 I love you. Forever.

Yours always,

Taekwoon

Sanghyuk broke down in tears. A simple letter from Taekwoon is enough to tear him apart.

He was still thinking about Taekwoon a few minutes before his death.

The last thing he remembered was him pushing a little girl off the road just as the car hit him.