Chapter Two

Gang Han Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“…the police are still investigating the scene of the robbery that happened a couple of days ago, by seven armed men known under the name of Block B. There is still no trace of the group of delinquents, but Officer Park Hyojin, in charge of the case, assures that her team is working day and night to find the dangerous gang.”

The man stood still, eyes fixed on the television screen in front of him, listening carefully at every word the journalist said. His lips were pinched in a scowl, arms crossed over his chest as his brain processed every single information. He ran a hand in his long dirty pink hair, his fingers grazing over his scalp. He exhaled loudly, biting his lips as the screen changed to show seven different pictures of said criminals. His name was Kim Namjoon, and he was, just like them, a gang member. In fact, he was the leader of his own squad.

“Officer, how dangerous is this gang?” the reporter asked, a concerned look on his face as he handed the microphone to the elder woman. She had round eyes, red lips painted with an expensive make-up and a strong gaze that hinted she was not a woman to mess up with.

“Well, the gang has some history with the police; they are known to be pretty violent. They have mainly been charged many times with assault, drug possession, illegal arm trafficking, vandalism, fraud, kidnapping, and more importantly, both first and second degree murder. Those people are very dangerous, so I ask everyone in this city to be very careful with their surroundings.”

There was a knock on the door, but the man didn’t bother to turn around when he said, “Come in.” A shorter man, with his hair dyed in a weird mint color – something that strangely suited him well, entered the room. Suga (or Min Yoongi), was Namjoon’s right hand, and the person he trusted the most in the country. The elder said nothing, just closed the door behind him as he sat down on the corner of the desk, his eyes finding their way on the television screen.

“I see.” continued the reporter, “Officer, does the police has any idea of the gang’s motive to rob a bank?”

“As I said,” the officer replied, looking at the journalist as if he was the dumbest man that ever walked this earth, “The gang is known to be reckless and unpredictable, there could be a million reasons why they did it. But for now, the police’s main focus is not to find out why they did it, but to find where they are and put them all behind bars.” There was a slight pause, before she proceeded, “I can assure you, we are going to catch them, our team is already working on their current location. It’s only a matter of time before they get arrested.”

“They have no ing idea where they are.” Yoongi stated, and he was right. The police could brag about how hard they are working, or how much information they got just by the security footage of the robbery, they are as close to catch them, as they are to put them in jail. Which is close to nothing. “And neither do we.”

Namjoon said nothing. He was far too concentrated on the screen to really pay attention to what the other said. There was this unsettling feeling, right at the bottom of his gut that told him that he really did not like what he was hearing. If you’d ask him his opinion, he would say it’d be better for everyone if Block B was indeed, behind bars.

“Do you think they’ll come for us?” Now, that was a question Namjoon would rather not think about. Just the sound of the question was already giving him a headache, and he really didn’t need that today. Definitely not. He didn’t answer and let Yoongi with no reply, only shrugging his shoulder just to let the other know that he, at least, heard his question.

Would Block B come for them, indeed? Well, they should. If it was Namjoon in Zico’s place, then he would definitely come for them, that’s for sure. You do not steal a territory without consequences, you do not rob from them without having to deal with an outcome, and you do not betray another gang without receiving their wrath. That’s just the way it is, and with that other gang, Namjoon is actually asking himself what can he do.

What can he do, to save his gang? What can he do to protect s? What can he do to avoid any conflict, any fight or battle? What can he do to keep his territory, and his authority against a ruthless, disloyal gang?

What can he do, indeed?

 

 

 

The teenager walked down the street with his hands stuffed in his jean’s pockets. He wasn't listening to any music, but his head was bobbing to an imaginary beat anyway. He wasn't very tall, his hair was dyed a golden blonde, and his eyes were so small you could think he hadn't any. He was wearing a grey hoodie a little too big for him, and a red bandana was delicately wrapped around his neck, and covering his mouth from the cold. 

The street he was walking on was empty at this hour of the day. It was still dark, but the sun was coming any second now, and the cold wind running through the alley was enough to freeze you to the bone. The boy was named Moon Jongup and he was a part of the gang called B.A.P. He was more of a hand-to-hand person, not that he particularly hated guns, but he declared he had more fun this way – guns where a bit too much, that’s why there was a knife, ten centimeters long, hidden in one of his boots.

Right by his side, was standing another man. Kim Himchan had short raven hair, messy with the wind, a warm woolen coat to keep him warm and leather gloves on his hands well-stuffed in his pockets. He was taller than the younger, and more handsome than him too. His nose was nicely draw, his cupid-bow was clear and pretty, and he had plump, appealing rose lips.

As they kept walking towards the grand avenue at the end of the street, the sound of the city waking up started to travel through their ears. There was a weak sun-light starting to appear behind one close building, as the sound of a car honking could be heard in the distance. They find their way in a coffee shop, taking place on two seats facing the famous Han River. The early morning fog was starting to clear, and as a waitress came to take their order, the beautiful scenery started to appear.

“One hot chocolate and an Americano, please.” Himchan asked politely, but without sparing himself to look at the tall woman with high heels clicking on the floor. The woman nodded, walking away and made an annoyed face to herself – something that Jongup did caught when his eyes lingered on her figure for a second too long. He smiled silently, focusing his gaze on the landscape again.

They were mostly silent for the next few minutes, Jongup was still trying to erase the fatigue off his face – he only slept a few hours the night before, mind you. This said, he exhaled a loud and heavy yawn, not even trying to hold it back. He stretched widely, before rubbing his hands together and adjusting his hoodie closer to his muscles. “You should have brought a coat.” was all Himchan said, eyebrows frowned at the younger’s lack of common sense.

Jongup rolled his eyes, adjusting his position in his seat as he thought about what to respond to the elder. The raven-haired man did tell him to cover himself better before leaving – but as always, he did not listen. “Whatever.”

Himchan said nothing back, even if he thrilled to put the younger back in place. Instead, he left his eyes drift onto the river, crossing his legs over one another, just as the waitress came back. She said nothing when she posed the two drinks on the table, accompanied with the note. Jongup saw the second grimace she made when she walked away, annoyed with the lack of courtesy the two men had.

Immediately, the younger took the drink in-between his fingers and brought the hot liquid to his mouth. He yelped when the chocolate burnt his tongue, something that immediately made the elder chuckle. Jongup frowned to himself, blowing for a few seconds on his cup before finally drinking the beverage. Himchan, on his side of the table, dropped three squares of sugar into his coffee, mixed it with a spoon before having a taste of his own drink. He let a content sigh escape his lips when he felt the warmth travel in his gut, closing his eyes at the feeling.

When he opened them again, he could see, in the corner of his eye, some chocolate around the younger’s mouth. Something that made him chuckle to himself again. “Jongup-ah,” he called, handing a napkin to the younger, making a sign of his hand to show him his foolishness. Himchan came a bit closer, his elbows finding place on the table as he joined his fingers together. “See that boy, over there?” he made a quick move of his head, pointing at a tall boy, with brown long hair falling over his eyes. He was leaned against the fence, looking absently at the river in front of him. “He’s been following us since Yongsan-gu Street.”

That was enough to caught the younger’s attention, to wake him up from his post-slumber state and make him focus again. His eyes gently drifting towards the figure, discreetly evaluating the possible danger. The other boy shouldn’t be much older than himself, possibly even younger than he is. He noticed how the boy looked around, looking at the environment as he took one or two photos of the landscape.

He didn’t look more frightening than any college student, but the way his eyes kept blinking absently made Jongup think that there maybe was something odd about him. “Maybe he just went to the river, Yongsan-gu Street isn’t far, he looks like any normal teenager to me.”

“Maybe,” continued the elder, sipping his drink as he looked at the younger with his eyebrow raised. “But I doubt any normal teenager would come to see the river at…” he gave a quick look at his watch, “Seven in the morning.” 

He was right, and Jongup, after thinking about it, thought that if he was an ordinary college student, there was no way in hell he’d be up at this hour of the morning. Definitely not. With an annoyed sigh, Jongup took another taste of his chocolate, before leaning against the back of the chair. “Then, what do you suggest, hyung?”

Himchan scoffed back at him, almost choking on his hot Americano. Should they do something? Well, it wasn’t the first time they’d been followed, and out of experience, doing something isn’t always the best of choices. They were two after all, and that boy was alone, so there wasn’t so much as a threat. Though, the teenager might have hidden any sort of weapon under his jacket. But it was way too early in the morning for Himchan to feel the need to deal with this, but he wondered if he wanted to act anyway.

When his eyes met the tall figure again, a twist in his stomach made him think that, maybe, he should indeed do something. Because after thinking about it, after careful consideration, being followed never resulted in good ways. That could mean anything, that boy could work for anyone. But the fact here was, current times were dangerous and menacing, so really, maybe he should do what his instincts tells him to.

Imagine the harm that boy could make if he was not so much as one of WINNER’s little birds? Well, they were just drinking a cup of coffee, so there wasn’t real information here, but in any way, Himchan did not like the way the boy’s eyes kept drifting towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter