Lucky guess?

Bang, bang – out of hand

Lucky guess? – It’s literally short.

 

    They were all staring at me intimidatingly. I found out what they were all gawking at me about when Luhan said, “you have 990 points?”

    “Meaning you came second… right?” Chanyeol bellowed out, “cool!”

    “Of course she came second no one can beat Kyungsoo’s score!” Jongdae proudly shouted as if his own child was the one receiving praise.

    I rolled my eyes at his adoration and muttered sarcastically “Kyungsoo, the one who scored 1001 out of 1000, all because he found the mistake on the second page of the mathematics exam,” I ratted out. What a disgrace of a school to make a mistake that was noticeable.

    Kyungsoo’s eyes now widened in surprise, “how did you know the mistake was on the second page of the maths exam? I never told anyone about that.”

    Now everyone was really staring at me in awe.

    “Uhh… Lucky guess?” I hesitantly said.

    “No way in hell is that a lucky guess… Why didn’t you tell them that you found the mistake?” Beakhyun asked admirably.

    “Does it really matter? I still got full marks, no need to be a prick and shove a mistake into their faces. Exam writers have pride too you know?” I simply stated, noticing how Kyungsoo was currently scowling at me because I offhandedly called him a prick. My father wallowed in self pity for a whole week because I found a mistake in the exam that he made for me, I was not going to put someone else through that whole ordeal of self-doubt. 

    Kyungsoo did not look at all happy with my statement and to shove it in his face further, Sehun scoffed. “You’d hear that Kyungsoo.” The scowl was no longer directed at me. “Ow!” Punched by the one and only.

    “So you’re a scholarship student I presume?” The one name Junmyeon asked, I nodded. “Is that why you have to survive through half of the first years?” I nodded again. He smiled.

    It got livelier after that – this whole conversation starter somehow got them talking with my presence but I no longer took part in them as I was redirected to my unfinished food, still situated in the isolated corner.

    Slouching back on the box in the corner next to the door, I simply stuffed my face as if I wasn’t going to eat for the next few days. Judging from the current empty lunchbox – I wasn’t far off the whole idea. 

 


 

   I could tell by just observing them that they were a close bunch. They didn't seem care I was there after a while of settling in. I simply stayed in the corner suspiciously staring at their behaviour. 

    The lunchbox was certainly empty by now, courtly finished by Jongin to the very last grain of rice. Having nothing better to do, I got up to gather up the mess they had made. I placed the used utensils into the bottom layer, Yixing kindly gathering most of them from the others before handing them over to me. Just as I was tying the material back around the lunchbox, I felt a strange vibe coming from behind me. It was strange as if a load was looming over my back. 

   I knew something was wrong once I could feel a hand up against my back. Instinct kicked in and I flipped over to lay down on my back hastily, abandoning everything in my hands. The material was lifted slightly and unbundled, jarring the top layer of the lunchbox and knocking over the lid. There was a loud clang of utensils in the wooden box, whilst I stared at the man that was hovering over me. 

    It was Baekhyun - his eyes widened in suprise and evident shock. I pushed him away slightly before adjusting the lunchbox quickly, never getting up from my current position with my name-tag flat against the ground. I glared at him accusingly before shuffling back to the corner, sitting back down with my back facing the wall. 

    I saw Jongdae scolding him slightly before muttering something along the lines of 'you failed?' They were aiming for my name-tag this whole time, not all of them were at least. I was not looking forward to the rest of the game, and I certainly did not feel at all welcomed to this school or this group. 

 


 

a/n: sorry quick update, it's a bit short isn't it? Stay tuned till next week~