Advantage gained?

Bang, bang – out of hand

Advantage gained? – mine? Ours? Nope, yours.

 

    They continued with their bantering and shinanigans and did not stop talking for a while now. They quickly got over the previous occurence like it was nothing. I didn't care unless they had stepped within a metre of me, and considering how much noise they were making, they were lucky that no one was there to hear them.

    *Click*

    Oops… Spoke too soon.

    The door handle was wriggling – definitely not normal.

    I noticed how the door handle began turning slightly – the person or people behind the door clearly trying to achieve the element of surprise. I grabbed the nearest object and suddenly threw it into the others direction – projectile spoon landing square on the back of Sehun’s head.

    He turned around with fury engraved in his beady eyes and was about to shout at me before I directed him to keep quiet by putting my index finger to my lips. I motioned him to look at the door and he did cautiously.

    When I knew he was looking, I abruptly grabbed the door handle and yanked it wide open.

    Smack!

    A third year judging by his black jacket was now facing flat down on the ground and I was pretty sure he was not kissing it because he missed it. I smirked triumphantly, whilst Sehun finally got my signals and proceeded to easily ripped off his nametag.

    It was fairly quiet now – I could even hear the retreating steps of his fellow members whilst shouting a ‘what the just happened? That was our best chance! He was defenceless!’ Okay… Maybe, NOT his allies.

    The forgotten guy that was currently on the floor groaned in pain before sitting up, rubbing his face in the process. I felt guilty for a moment before I figured I should kneel down next to him in a respectable manner. My dad taught me to respect your elders, might as well apply it to this situation.

    “Ouch, that hurt. I’m fine… though… no need to rush. No worries, this is what the game is about, isn’t it?” He unknowingly questioned, before looking at me.

    I bowed from my position before uttering a “sorry sunbae. I didn’t know you would fall on your face.”

    He laughed and waved off my formality before turning around to look at the others. They were silently gaping. “I was wondering who would be making so much noise in the middle of a serious game, but it turns out to be you guys. I was gonna scare you a bit, but it looks like I’m the one out.” He laughed.

    Getting up and brushing off the imaginary dust off his pants, he glanced down at the nametag in Sehun’s hand and just stared. Sehun brought up the nametag up to his face, then back down to look at the owner, then back at the nametag again in utter awe.

    The elder rummaged through his pockets – taking out a card and shoved it into Sehun’s hands. “Good luck in the game Sehun!” He shouted before hugging the boy. He happily waved to the others with a loud shout, “survive till the end EXO! Fighting!” He walked up to me and gave me a little pat on the head – disappearing after that with a hop in his step.

    There was still silence hanging around in the air.

    I couldn’t stand it anymore and whispered, “who’s Park Jeongsu?”

    All I got was – silence.

    Awkward silence.

    A long awkward silence…

    Disrupting the mute beings, Yixing patently pointed out “the previous Student Council President.”

    Guess who’s 1000 points richer?

    I am!

    Wait, we are!

    Nope, on second thoughts – Sehun is. Yep, that’s right.

 


 

    Answering with a late reply when he snapped out of his previous shock, Kris said “you see everyone knows us – even the president is an acquaintance of mine.” Whilst bringing up a hand to his chest in pride.

    Ignoring his effortless charms, I got up to go to the toilet.

    “Where are you going?” Yixing spoke up.

    I just slammed the bathroom door. I did not just cause the previous Student Council President to fall on his face. Tell me I didn’t. I crouched down, whilst grabbing my hair in frustration. After a few ruffles when I deemed my hair no longer comb-able, an exaggerated laughter erupted through my system. I stood up proudly this time, straightening myself up a bit before heading towards the sink mirror. 

    I finally got a chance to look at myself and by the looks of it – you would have thought that I just came out victorious from a fight or something. My hair was a mess, pigtails half untangled slowly falling off its braid and a red ribbon was missing in action. However, my face was full of a noticeable smirk.

    This game was fun.

    I shouldn't be able to say it but - it was.

    This was really fun – although nothing has really happened yet; not really at least - they don’t seem to like my company either.  

    You could say that the game was all that mattered to me right now. No need to make friends, Jieun. 

 


 

a/n: ahahahah comments make me feel tingly. Having fun out there?