Chapter 4: Episode 4 ~ Allies

Bosses' Love

A/N: The plot is finally mentioned! ^^ Enjoy!

~ Part 1 ~

~ Jaejoong’s POV ~

“Kim Heechul. Founder of Kim Furniture Industry. Am I correct?”

“Yes.”

“28 years ago, my father, Jung SeungHun, was employed as Heechul-sshi’s secretary.”

I freeze. What?!

“That’s right Jaejoong-sshi. That’s what I found out. It’s a good thing my father used to keep old files away. Kim Junho, my secretary, found them. It says there, clearly, that he was appointed in that position. Junho-hyung also revealed to me some old papers. Plans. Plans on how to get hold of the entire company.”

I think I'm as still as a stone structure.

“My father was a traitor. But he wasn’t cunning enough to take all of your market away. He took a part of it. Illegally. He betrayed his employer, set up his own workplace and somehow proved that he owned it all.”

I just got a lot of information just now.

“I want to work together, with you, and find out more. I know that the company is mine now, but the weight of the illegality is too heavy. I can't go on like this.”

Wow, this guy really is like what Hal-abeoji said. How can I turn him down now? I can't even use this information against him, now that he says he wants to end it himself.

“Oh…”

“Are you with me?” he asks expectantly.

“…” I look at Yunho-sshi. Looks like he feels dejected as I don’t answer. I sigh. “I'm with you.”

He looks up and smiles like a child who got a candy. “Thank you,” he stands up and bows.

“No! No, it’s okay!” I quickly say and push him down to his seat. The place isn’t that populated, thank God.

“Listen Yunho-sshi. I know you are very honest and everything,” I look at him who looks back at me questioningly, “but what happens after that? What happens to you?”

“That can be taken care of later. First we need enough evidences to show to the public and the other markets. Plus, I need to find my employees some jobs before I close it down, or at least inform them a month before…I don’t even know when we’ll get substantial evidences.”

“Calm down already! You should search your home and other possible places for information.”

“Are you telling me, Jaejoong-sshi, that you are depending on me entirely?” he asks, probably full of doubt and maybe some amusement? I don’t know how to answer that…let me just sip my soju. Yunho-sshi suddenly laughs. “I’m trustworthy you know.”

“I know. I mean, you wanna make yourself unemployed. Instead of trying to hide it, you’re trying to show it.”

“I'm not trying to show anything. I'm just…frightened a little bit. If someone else finds out first, other than you, then they could put me into danger. I just want to get rid of it fast.”

“Then why didn’t you hide it from me? Don’t you think I'm your opponent?”

“Yes. But I also know that you won't just write something on the headlines of newspapers without proof.”

“I want to ask you something,” I play with my glass, “why are you telling me all this? You being frightened and all of that?”

Yunho-sshi puts his glass down. “Just like me, you look like someone I can trust. Plus, I have information about you.”

I look at him. “Oh, so you’re a long way ahead already. I didn’t have time to gather any details about you yet.” He laughs. Then he brings out this file. When I look at it, my eyes widen. His personal details? What’s this man doing?!

“Wow,” is the only thing that comes out of my mouth. He smiles.

Yeah, maybe we CAN work together, without deceiving the other, and do what we want to do. Wait, how do I know that he isn’t like his father? Oh wait, then he wouldn’t do this in the first place…

“Jaejoong-sshi, I'm sorry I bothered you at a time like this.”

I find myself saying, “It’s ok.” It’s not!!! “I should leave now,” I stand up.

“Alright.”

I look back before stepping away, “You?”

“I’ll stay here a little while longer.”

“Alright.”

He still drinks his soju when I begin driving, the transparent file close beside me. Good thing I just allied with him.

It’s 1:55 now and I'm dead sleepy. But I wonder what kind of things he wants to tell me. Let me open the file. Jung Yunho…Oh the basic stuff. Hey, the second page has a black background. OH…it’s his father’s profile.

~ Break ~

~ Part 2 ~

4th Day… ~ Yunho’s POV ~

“Good morning Yunho.”

It’s Junho, “Good morning. Guess what happened last night.”

“I know. I saw the file on my table.”

I laugh. How does this guy guess everything? “I guess we can take it easy for a while now that we have a helping hand.”

“Yup.”

“By the way, how did it go?” I lean forward.

“What?”

“Don’t act silly Junho-hyung. You went out with Changmin yesterday to have lunch and didn’t even bother to tell us!”

“What? I told Junsu!”

“Yeah right, when you were on your way back,” I lean back and cross my legs and hands. “Seriously, I know how deeply you are in love with that employee of mine, but don’t forget your boss. I can throw you out any minute.”

“’Course you can Mr Boss.” How dare he joke with me! Oh well, he’s right anyway. “Plus, it was just a lunch together.”

“And not a date?”

“No.”

“Liar.”

“Hey!”

“Don’t hey me hyung! It’s true!”

Hyung leans back. “Huh… I don’t know. Recently he doesn’t look very interested to spend time with me anymore.”

“Eh?”

“Forget it!” he waves at me. “We have a meeting now. Remember? Come on, let’s get ready for it.”

~ Normal POV ~

Meanwhile, Yoochun had been talking to Junsu. They were closer now, but there wasn’t any feeling of comfort. And it wasn’t like Tiffany wasn’t observing.

“Yoochun-oppa…” she whispered to herself before entering her boss’s room for the meeting. “I’ll be the one to get you. That Junsu-oppa doesn’t have a chance against me! I’m a girl, how could you resist?” she smiled to herself. “Seduction is a good technique.”

# - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - #