Chapter 3: Episode 3 ~ Let’s Meet Now

Bosses' Love

WHERE DID ALL MY READERS FROM MY FIRST STORY GO!? ;-;

Forgive me for using street names of Seoul; I have no clue of anything there. I just did some quick research on the names and a little bit about its history and stuff. Mianhae! 
Soju is an alcoholic beverage.

“Talking”
‘Thinking’

~ Part 1 ~

This was his third day as a boss and Jaejoong was already meeting his grandfather.

“Jaejoong, I thought you would be able to handle it yourself!” Heechul-sshi said sounding disappointed.

“Hal-abeoji!” Jaejoong pouted. “Ask everyone at the office! I'm better than you!”

He laughed. “I know Jaejoong. How could I not trust you with my company? You’re better than your father, who is still as lazy as ever.”

Jaejoong laughed. His father worked until Jaejoong turned 15. Now his son was 25 and 10 years ago he said “I don’t wanna work! It’s so…stressful” He opened his own little restaurant with his wife. That’s how Jaejoong became a master of a chef. “It’s about the Jungs.”

“Yes, I guessed.”

“I found some more information.”

“Proceed.”

“… You said it’s a fraud business. Siwon-hyung found out that it was some sort of theft. I just want to know one thing…is it possible, maybe,” he paused. “Previously, the Jungs’ company was a part of ours? And perhaps someone stole it somehow?”

“Let me tell you two things, and after that, you’re on your own.”

“Yes.”

“Firstly, you are correct so far. Secondly, I’ll tell you this: the own who started the business was the father of the current owner. He had an accident a year ago. Before his death, he handed the company over to his only son. His son is the complete opposite of him, so I think he’ll refuse handling such a fraud case. I think he is on our side. I know him through his father. His name is Jung Yunho.”

“Jung Yunho…”

“Yes. The rest is up to you to find out. I don’t know how you’ll do it, but I know you can prove yourself Jaejoong. I have faith in you. And I know you can put an end to something I couldn’t. Just end it ok?”

“Yes grandfather.”

Yunho started the engine and drove away fast. He didn’t want to be spotted. All he knew himself was exactly the same information Heechul-sshi gave to Jaejoong just now. Yunho needed Jaejoong’s help to find out more. He didn’t know what would happen to him or his future, but he just had to get rid of this fake business. It was driving him mad, and if he got caught any time now, he would be in a worse position than the one he expects to be in, in his future.

He replayed in his mind: theft from the Kims.

He d in his pocket for his phone, “Junho.”

“Yes.”

“You were right. It’s from the Kims. At least, that’s how it sounded to me. Record all this info. Find out Kim Jaejoong’s number. I need to speak with him.”

~ Break ~

~ Part 2 ~

“Kim Jaejoong speaking.” It was 1 in the morning as Jaejoong could make out through his blurry vision. Someone dared to interrupt his sleep.

“You may not recognise me but…I’m Jung Yunho, administrator of Jung Homes Company.”

Suddenly Jaejoong was wide awake. “What?”

Yunho chuckled. “Sorry for the late night phone call. Could we meet as soon as possible?”

“What does ‘as soon as possible’ mean? And how did you get my number?”

“We are speaking informally aren’t we?” he said in an amused voice.

“I apologise, although it should be you who keeps the time in mind,” Jaejoong said sternly. “It’s 1 a.m. How do you expect me to be in the mood for business talk?”

“It’s urgent. I’m sorry to bother you. How I got your number is not important right now, uh…do you think we could meet now?”

“You must be crazy.” It was Jaejoong’s turn to chuckle. “I know who you are, but don’t you think you’re being a little insensible here?”

Something in that voice attracted Yunho. “Our aims at the moment are the same. I want to find out the secrets of my market just as you do.”

Jaejoong stopped. ‘Bingo,’ thought Yunho. He knew exactly where to hit.

“Where?” Jaejoong asked.

“Euljiro. I’ll wait at the small restaurant there.”

“Alright.” Jaejoong got up. He put on a white shirt and black trousers. ‘I didn’t know that the restaurant in Euljiro was open 24 hours…’

By the time he reached the elevator he wondered what Jung Yunho could possibly want to tell him. That his father stole part of his grandfather’s company years ago? He opened the door to his shining black car. ‘He said he wanted to unfold the secrets of his company... but he's the owner, how can he not know?’

Euljiro was quiet and dark at night except for the red streetlights. It was difficult making out things in complete blackness, but the car headlights spotted a white car on his left. Quickly turning, he parked behind the other car.

~ Jaejoong’s POV ~

I get out of my car. Strangely, the restaurant really is open! And in front of that, there is a man in blue shirt and black pants. Who is this? Is it…Jung Yunho? The guy whose neck I’ll break in a few weeks’ time?

He is looking this way now. Oh look, such a handsome young man like me. Wait till I wipe that smile off of your face! He calls me up at 1 a.m. and tells me he wants to talk about his fraud market with me, and now he is smiling! Why wouldn't I feel like punching him?

“Nice to meet you, Kim Jaejoong,” he says and we shake hands. As if this is the first time we’re talking! Last time I remember, he was dying to get to the point of his call. That was 15 minutes ago. Was he here at the restaurant from that time when he called?!

“Same to you, Jung Yunho.”

“Come in, please,” he says and opens the door for me. I walk in. Hey! This place just turned into a bar overnight! Or maybe, it does this every night?

“Please, have a seat.” Wow, Mr Yunho is so courteous.

“Well, let’s talk,” I say.

“Let’s order something first,” he proposes.

I sigh. “I thought you wanted to talk about something, urgent?” I remind him. I'm not in the mood to be polite right now. “Which is probably why we are sitting here now instead of sleeping?”

He laughs. Seriously, his cool condition is getting on my nerves right now. I frown. “I’m sorry Jaejoong-sshi. It is urgent, but let’s get acquainted first, please?” He looks at a waiter and gestures at him. When the waiter arrives, he says, “Two soju-s please.”

The waiter serves the two soju-s on our table. I take a sip and look at Yunho-sshi to continue. I guess he got my signal. “Jaejoong-sshi. I hear that you have taken control of Kim Furniture Industry. As the only heir, like me, it’s obvious.” Yeah I know! Just get to the point already! “You know that the Jung Homes Company is a market like yours, and it had been established a good 42 years back.” I know!!! Oh my God, this guy is dragging history back… “You and I both know that…it’s not actually a legal business.” Good! You finally hit the point!

“Yes. I think you know much more about your enterprise than I do though, and I need more information to be familiar with it.” I'm trying my best to get things out of this guy. He smiles as if he knows my plans.

“Like I said, we both have the same aim,” he sips his soju and looks at me, “to put an end to an illegal company.”

“How do you know?”

“Because we are connected in the past.” Well yeah, your company was mine when it began...

I put my small glass of soju down. “Then can we get down to business?”

“That’s why I called you here.” He smiles. Looks like this is the beginning of our campaign to throw Jung Homes Company out.

# - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - #

Hope you enjoyed! Please comment, subscribe and read on!