Chapter 1: Episode 1 ~ The Beginning of an End

Bosses' Love

 Read each story chapter like you’re watching an episode please ^^ It came as a TV serial in my head :P

~ Part 1 ~

~ Siwon’s POV (Point Of View) ~

It’s just 7:45 in the morning. What am I doing here now before 8 o’ clock?

Oh I know what I’m doing…

Today, Kim Heechul, the lord of my workplace and the grandfather of my friend Jaejoong-ah, is going to present us our new boss. I remember what he said last month, something that changed in the blink of an eye: “Until I feel that the new owner is ready, I will not retire from my position. I have to test him.” Guess the ‘new owner’ passed the test with full marks. Anyways, I just hope it’s someone worthy and just like Heechul-sshi. I wonder if it’s going to be Jaejoong-ah… After all, he IS the only heir of his family, and his father was too lazy to watch over his father’s company, so I think it will be Jaejoong-ah. I sure hope it is…he is just so responsible and respected and worthy and perfect to run this organisation. And also…he is probably the one who will throw that Jung Homes Company out of the market like a crumpled up paper – that’s what Jaejoong-ah will probably do to them before he does the throwing part.

Oh well, whatever happens, I'm still gonna work here as the personal secretary of the boss. Now that I walk into the large central office on the top-most floor of our 50-storeyed building, I see some of my colleagues chatting and gossiping about the new boss we’re gonna meet today. Everyone’s excited and no one wants to be late.

“Hey ladies,” I say as I lean on one of their spacious desks. “Eager to meet the new boss?”

“Yes of course!” Jessica answers. She has straight blond hair and hazel eyes. As the hottest, most y lady in our workplace, many male employees eye her, but as a friend, I always glare them away. Hey, no one lays eyes on my friend – Jessica knows. “I’ve never seen Heechul-sshi’s grandson but I think he’ll be the one. What’s his age again?”

“Twenty-five, he’s younger than me,” I say.

“Only a year younger Siwon,” Taeyeon says aloud. As she walks towards me, I realise that she just got more beautiful over-night. That’s correct – I have a slight crush on her. (I told her best friend, Jessica, to shut up about it.) Taeyeon is a gorgeous young lady of age 26 with dark-brown wavy hair and deep brown eyes. She takes my breath away everytime I look at her. She is smart, friendly and knows how to laugh to stun me. Whenever she smiles at me, I drift into my dreamland… GAH! Ok, I'm back to normal. *Cough* Anyways, today, she is looking as slim as always and she is wearing a black dress which is showing her curves a little. She didn’t tie her hair… so beautiful. “Siwon!” Taeyeon screams at me and waves her hand in front of me, “did you hear me?”

“Yes. Same for you!” Taeyeon and I are the same age while Jessica is Jaejoong’s age.

“Where’s Hyoyeon?” Jessica asks. Hyoyeon is our tomboy friend. Usually she wears a suit with black heels. It looks a little different, but smart nevertheless. She keeps her somewhat-wavy hair untied. Although she looks cold on the outside, she is actually a very warm-hearted person. Typical Jaejoong-ah. “She was here when you came.”

“Here I am!” she surprises us. Laying her things on the table, she starts talking. “I have a feeling it’ll be that friend of Siwon’s. Kim Jaejoong, right?” She is the youngest of us, 24. Although she should call us ‘*unnie’ and ‘*oppa’, she prefers names only in our little group of friends.

“Yeah,” I say.

Then we hear some gossiping girls pass by us.

“Do you know anything about our new boss?”

“No, but I hope it’s a really attractive man!”

“Well, I'm sure if it’s a man, he’ll pick me!”

“Hell no! He’ll pick me.”

“Yeah right. I’m the one who’s worthy of him.”

“As if. He’ll dump all three of you and choose me to be his wife.”

“How do you know he’s not married?”

That last person was a guy. My colleague: Lee Donghae. He’s an amazing friend.

“You know who it is?” asks one of the girls.

“Nope. But if it’s a girl, I’ll take her,” he smiles. Although he doesn’t like this particular group of chatterboxes and rumour-spreaders, he is still friendly with everyone. That’s why he is the common friend everyone has. Very courteous and trustworthy. If he were not just 23, he would have been employed in my position.

Donghae spots me, “Ready to see your new master Siwon-*hyung?” he jokes.

“Sure I am *dongsaeng!” I wink. I look at Taeyeon and she raises am eyebrow. “What?” I ask. “Taeyeon, he’s my FRIEND.” Did she just suspect me to like Donghae? If she knew who I liked…I wonder what would have happened.

“Well,” Jessica says, “If the boss IS handsome and manly and attractive and whatever else, I’m booking him.”

Hyoyeon gasps. “Not if I have him first!”

“You can't! I just booked him!”

“You can't book a person! You have to win his heart.” She said like one of those actresses in old movies who used to look up at the sky with their hands on their hearts.

“Girls! Shut up already! What happened to you? Do you realise what you’re saying?” Taeyeon says, obviously horrified.

“Taeyeon, it’s about time we get a boyfriend,” Jessica says.

“There’s no fixed time for anything,” Taeyeon speaks the truth.

“Mhm. Well you already got a future husband,” she whispers to herself. Quickly, I give her a stern glare. She is not to utter a word about it!!! What if Taeyeon gets a hint?

“I do?” Oh no…she is asking!

“Find out yourself!” Hyoyeon says. Actually, I think everyone can tell I like Taeyeon but these two women know it for sure. I hope she feels the same for me.

Suddenly everything goes quiet and we look up to see what happened. We quickly straighten ourselves and bow. It’s Kim Heechul-sshi.

“Good morning everyone,” he says.

“Good morning to you too sir,” we reply.

“Ready to see who your new boss is?”

I go forward on behalf of everyone and also as the personal secretary. “Yes sir.”

“Good. Everyone, I’m proud to present, Kim Jaejoong, my only grandson. He will take my place as the owner of Kim Furniture Industry from today onwards. I wish all of you co-operate with him.”

A man came from out of the blue and stood beside Heechul-sshi and showed himself to us.

I smile a big smile. It’s Jaejoong-ah! Kim Jaejoong, my friend, is my new boss! Wait a sec, my boss is younger than me! Oh dear God… Oh well, no problem, I'm happy. I smile at him and bow. Everyone else bows too. I shake hands with him, only because it’s a formality. We know each other since we were kids. “Nice to meet you Kim Jaejoong-sshi. I hope we all can work well together.”

He smiles back although I can tell he’s laughing inside. He’s like Hyoyeon, as I’ve mentioned before, cold on the outside but warm within. He shows his real face only in front of close friends and family. “Yes, I hope everyone co-operates with me.” Everyone bows unitedly to show a positive answer.

~ Normal POV ~

As Siwon showed Jaejoong to his room (Jaejoong knows the people and place by heart but again: formalities), everyone began chatting.

Jessica squealed. “OH MY GOD! That’s it: he’s mine. End of story.”

Hyoyeon slammed the table, “The story has just begun.”

“Girls…” Taeyeon sighed. Great, now her friends were fighting for Jaejoong-sshi.

The door to the large office-room slid open. “Come, ‘boss’,” Siwon mocked.

“That’s right Siwon, I’m your ‘boss’ from now on,” Jaejoong laughed. He was wearing a black pair of polished, shining shoes, black suit, a black tie with a white shirt, and had his deep brown hair combed naturally to his left. Cute boss if you ask me.

“I had a feeling. So, what test did you pass to get this throne at your young age?”

“Test?” Jaejoong asked as he took his seat on the large black revolving chair.

“Heechul-sshi told me.”

“I didn’t sit for any test. Although…”

“May I know?”

“Sure you can hyung- I mean Siwon,” Jaejoong laughed. Siwon rolled his eyes: they had to get rid of the normal acts now. At least, in office.

“Well?”

“…*Hal-abeoji told me some secrets about the Jung Homes Company-”

“And how we are gonna kick its ?”

Jaejoong laughed and made a full 360° in his chair. “No. I'm to find that out. He just told me that the Jung Homes Company is … you can call it a fraud company.”

Siwon stared. “Fraud?”

“Yup. Keep your mouth shut though. I’ll put it on the headlines of every newspaper AFTER the job is done. Before that, allow me to get a hold of my business,” Jaejoong got up and held his hands behind his back, just like a true leader, “then I’ll destroy the Jungs,” he said in a deep, low voice and looked straight ahead at the building across. In big letters, it was written: Jung Homes Company.

~ Break ~

~ Part 2 ~

Jung Yunho was looking at Kim Furniture Industry through his glass room. He turned to his huge office. He spotted the man sitting on a chair in front of his paper-filled semi-circular desk.

“You want to say something Junho?”

Kim Junho placed a blue file of papers on his boss’ desk. “Yunho, trust me, this is all I got from the records.”

The 26 year old man was Yunho’s personal secretary and he was given the job of finding out the truth about his fraud business which he found disgusting to run. He wanted to bring an end to it but without evidence of the reason to the public, he could not. His father had died a year ago, leaving his only son to carry his sins. Yunho refused to do this.

He opened the file. There was little update. Honestly, he couldn’t blame his hyung for not being able to gather any more information. He had tried himself and failed. At least Junho could bring this much. He smiled, “Thanks.”

“My pleasure…actually my job,” Junho joked.

“Haha, very funny Junho,” said a voice. Junho had heard this voice all his life: he would be able to recognise it from half-way across the world if he could hear it.

“Junsu, I'm not trying to be funny,” he told his younger twin.

“Yeah right. We all know how frustrated Yunho is right now,” he said as he walked to the table and sat on it.

Yunho laughed. His friends made his day. “How could the two of you let me?”

“Yup, I know, we’re awesome,” Junsu proudly boasted. “Junho, aren’t you late for something?”

“What?” he looked at the time and pretended not to notice. It was 10, a usual break-time for everyone. It was also a special time for Junho.

“You could have won awards for acting if you worked as one. Only I’d be able to tell you’re pretending not to notice.”

“Time to meet Changmin?” Yunho teased.

“Oh shut up,” Junho looked to the other side.

“Aww, so cute Junho,” Junsu said, earning an instant glare. “That doesn’t work on me,” he said flatly.

“Sorry, can't help myself.”

“Well…aren’t you gonna go or something?” Junsu waved his hands in front of his brother.

“Um…”

“Stop acting shy Junho,” Yunho laughed, “go already!”

“I'm going I'm going!” Junho got up.

“Hmph! Don’t act like you’re being forced, cuz I know that inside you, you are dying to see your angel- OW!”

Junsu rubbed his leg as Junho left the room showing him his tongue on the way. Junsu showed his one back and pressed on his leg muscles for any bruises. Yunho couldn’t help but laugh.

 

 

*unnie: an honorific used by younger girls to call older girls
*oppa: an honorific used by younger girls to call older boys
*hyung: an honorific used by younger boys to call older boys 
(another one: noona – an honorific used by younger boys to call older girls)
*dongsaeng: younger sibling (not honorific) 
(nam dongsaeng: younger brother, yuh dongsaeng: younger sister)
*hal-abeoji: grandfather

# - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - # - #

PLEASE COMMENT + SUBSCRIBE + JOIN MY FB GROUP AND THANKS FOR READING