Chapter 4

Changing Mr. Fancy-Pants
The evening rolled by quickly, you and your brothers had some korean barbeque and spicy rice cakes delivered for dinner. It was a weekly thing that the four of you stayed up and binged a series together on your parents' date night. Even though dinner was filling, snacks such as popcorn and bags of chips were present. "Finally! I've been hearing so many good things about this show." Hyunseung said as he lounged and settled on the couch, a bowl of popcorn with skittles on his lap. He took the remote and turned the TV on, the screen lit up and the news was on. "Hang on, I'm gonna grab a drink. You guys want one?" Jaehwan stood up, looking at the 3 of you, and your two other brothers nodded. You got up to help Jaehwan bring the drinks over from the kitchen while Minhyuk and Hyunseung absentmindedly watched the news.
 
Suddenly, they heard a name from the speakers that caught their attention, "The President's son, Park Chanyeol attended a charity event at an orphanage today. While the event was for the children, and Mr. Park was seen interacting well with them, netizens were quick to notice him chatting and even getting in a car with one of the guests at the said event-" "Hey, ~~~~ get in here!!" Hyunseung called out in a tone that had both shock and amusement. You and Jaehwan hurried back with the drinks in hand, you looked at Hyunseung, "what is it?" you asked cluelessly, "Photos have surfaced since the event that took place today and Mr. Park was seen dropping the mystery woman off somewhere. The two seemed very friendly and close-" All your attention shifted to the TV and you stared in disbelief, your brothers were equally as invested in the news as you were. "What??" You whined in frustration, not really asking anyone specifically, "Is this for real?? since when was stuff like this important news??" Pictures of you getting out of the car, and the exact moment where Chanyeol ruffled your hair were displayed on screen. National news.. This is on national news. The thought of being linked in this sense to Chanyeol sent shivers down your spine.
 
You stood there just staring at the screen, still holding two glasses of iced tea in your hands. The news was about something else now, but you were still processing what just happened. Your brothers were looking at you, unsure what to say- then suddenly, Hyunseung and Minhyuk burst out laughing. This snaps you out of your trance and you hand over the drinks, "I'm sorry, is this funny to you?" you frowned, "well, yeah.. a little." Minhyuk grinned. Jaehwan rubbed your back and pat your shoulder sympathetically, "Ah it'll be okay. It's not gonna be a big deal, don't worry about it. Let's just uh.. let's just start watching." He looked at the three of you, giving your other brothers a look that signalled them to stop and move on. You could only huff out air and sit back on the couch. As much as you'd love to brush it off, you were now distracted. Surely no one our age watches the news anymore, right? Trying to convince yourself that it isn't a big deal, you decide to just block it out and focus on spending time with your brothers.
 
It worked eventually, the series you were watching was so good that you almost completely forgot about the news. Your brothers side comments and reactions were strangely comforting and funny as well. It was shaping up to be a good night. A sudden buzz in your pocket caught you by surprise, you pulled out your phone and unlocked it. A message from an unknown number popped up, 'Is this still your number? Let me know.' Confused, you decide to ignore it; you were never one to reply to unknown numbers. You stuff your phone back into your pocket and continue watching. Just then, all of you heard the car pull up, "They must be home." Minhyuk hit pause on the remote and you all greeted your parents as they came in. "How are my beautiful babies?" your mom asked, everyone kind of reacted differently to the word 'babies' but your mom was being sweet, "we're good, mom. the company is doing really well and we all attented the meetings and events on time." Jaehwan was the one to respond. Your mother smiled and gently caressed his cheek, "Thank you. All of you. I'm so proud of you all." Your mom was always very vocal about stuff like this, it made you feel extremely lucky to have her. "Speaking of events, how was the orphanage?" your dad was putting away his shoes as he asked. Your brothers looked at you, waiting for your response since you were the one who attended. You cleared your throat and nodded to yourself, "yeah it was good. Mrs. Kim was very appreciative that we made time for it, and the kids were really sweet-" "I heard Sungjin's boy was there? did you see each other?" your dad cut you off, you looked at him as if to see if he was trying to gauge your reaction, "ah... yeah I did. He gave me a lift back home." Minhyuk and Hyunseung held back laughter and Jaehwan elbowed both of them to make them stop. "Ah well, that's good. He's a bit of a troublemaker, but he's a good kid." Your father smiled warmly at you and kissed your forehead, "anyway, we're very tired. Goodnight kids." Your parents bid each of you goodnight and you all went back to watching.
 
"Ah well, that's good. He's abit of a troublemaker, but he's a good kid." You thought it was weird that your dad randomly said this, maybe you're reading into it and he said it because Chanyeol offered you a lift. Either way, one thing was for sure, you wanted to stay out of his business. Being linked with Chanyeol just means trouble.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
got a bit carried away with this one c: sorry 
if the chapters are too long please let me know