Chapter 3

Changing Mr. Fancy-Pants
The same sleek, black car pulled up at the entrance as you and Chanyeol bid your goodbyes to the event coordinators. A few of the kids ran after you, calling out your name along with, "are you leaving?" "will you come back tomorrow?" "don't go yet!" and all these words put a genuine smile on your face. You carefully crouched down, and took in as many children as you could between your arms, ingoring a few camera flashes and keeping all your focus on the kids. Chanyeol looked at you in slight surprise, he wondered how close you were with the children since they seemed very fond of you. "I'll come back as soon as I can, I promise. We'll have a big picnic and we can play games, and make art!" you beamed as you made this promise with the kids, they cheered and gave you hugs, and you made sure everyone got a chance. You finally stand up straight and the coordinators called out to take the final photo. Chanyeol was already standing next to you, ready as ever, the children gathered infront of the two of you, then flashes went off a few times and you smiled through it all. You knew you had to go and bowed one last time to everyone, Chanyeol did the same and then he walked over to the car and opened the door for you to step in. 
 
Within seconds, the car slowly gained speed and left the orphanage grounds. The car ride felt cold and awkward, what was there to say between you two?, you thought. Your attention was fixed to the window, counting all the blue cars you passed like you would when you were younger. "It's been..  what? ten? maybe more years since I last saw you?" Chanyeol's voice finally broke the silence. You turned to face him, nodding slowly "I think so. I don't remember, honestly." You smiled a little, remembering faintly how simple everything was when you were younger; you even recall how close your family was with his. "Last time I saw you was this morning on the news." a hint of a teasing tone came from you with that one, which made Chanyeol chuckle. He scratched the back of his neck and nodded in defeat, "yeah.. mom wasn't too proud of that feature." You exhaled through your nose in amusement, "what about you though? you've been quite discreet about how much work you've put into your family business." He said as he eyed you curiously, "why is that?" With a shrug of your shoulders you responded, "I don't know. I don't feel the need to announce it. If I see things are going well, then that's enough." You shot him with a small but warm smile, he fell silent but he smiled back. 
 
The rest of the trip was accompanied by soft jazz music, and eventually, the car stopped. Chanyeol opened the door and stepped out to open yours. You were halfway through opening it yourself, but decided to let him do the rest since he went through the trouble. "Thank you for the lift." You smiled and bowed slightly. He looked at you with a raised brow and chuckled a bit, "so formal. I thought we were friends?" A bit surprised, you shook your head and looked at him apologetically, "I didn't mean to offend you. It's just been a while and I wasn't sure.." Your expression and quick apology amused him once again, "relax. we're friends." He looked up at the house and then back down at his watch, "I know I said I wanted to see your brothers, but I have to go. Tell them I said hi." He gave you a smile, distinguishably the most genuine one you've seen today. You nodded and smiled back, following it again with a small bow. He reached over and gently ruffled your hair, and head back into his car before you could say anything about it. You stood there for a moment and let the car drive off before you went through your gates.
 
"I'm home~" you called out as you walked through the front door. Minhyuk was first to greet you, giving you a hug that almost felt constricting, "I'm so sorry I couldn't come back for you." You laughed and shook your head as if to say 'it's fine', then finally wriggled out of his grasp. Jaehwan looked up from the plate of food he was devouring and squint his eyes at you, "did you walk?" you shook your head, "took the bus?" again, you shook your head, "taxi?" he made a final guess with a raised brow and you shook your head one last time. "Maybe she boarded her spacecraft." Hyunseung teased as he hopped off the couch and walked over to the breakfast bar. You scrunched your nose at him and playfully rolled your eyes, "funny. Chanyeol brought me home. He says 'hey', by the way." All three of your brothers looked at you in slight confusion, "Yeol? since when did you keep in touch?" Jaehwan asked, somewhat sternly "weren't you frowning at the sight of him on TV just yesterday?" You nodded and shrugged, "yeah I was. It just so happened that he was also at the event and overheard my conundrum on the phone." At this point, all your brothers just nodded and dropped the topic. You expected some form of teasing from Hyunseung, but he let it go pretty quickly too. You started making your way upstairs to change and freshen up, but Minhyuk called out before you shut your bedroom door, "don't forget! we're binging that new series tonight while mom and dad are out!" "Okay~!" you yelled back before closing your door.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
omg what- I started this in 2014 and it's 2021 now. 
I randomly remembered this site last night and now here I am out of boredom.
Feedback is well appreciated c: