Chapter 2

Changing Mr. Fancy-Pants
"You sure you'll be fine by yourself?" Minhyuk cocked his eyebrow as he asked. You nodded in aprroval and the three of them smiled at you before driving off. It was later in the afternoon of the same day, you were just dropped off to the orphanage, Stepping Stones, where you were to teach the kids how to read. Plus, they had a special event today. They asked your mother to be one of their guests but you went as a representative. You walked into the lobby, greeted by the owner and some of the kids who hugged you and jumped all around you. It's been a while since you've visited them, you have been busy with work and school but, you promised to be there more often in the summer.  Their smiles made you instantly happier. Though you were completely unaware of other possible things that could happen in this event, one thing was for sure, you would have never expected to see Chanyeol again.
 
There he was. His polished black car stopped right in front of the entrance of the lobby and someone had stepped out of it to open the door for him. He stepped out of the car and for the slightest moment, you caught a glimpse of his obviously bored expression but, he quickly hid it with a smile that mightve been good enough for the press. His eyes scanned around and they stopped at your direction, you were holding a child in your arms while you just looked back at him. His smile faded slightly but it wasnt insulting or anything. He seemed just as surprised to see you as you were to see him. He made his way up the few steps, greeting everyone politely and casually giving the kids high-fives. Ugh this guy is so fake... you thought. Things have changed and you were more than convinced of that. Then he stopped in front of you. Being a lot taller you craned your neck up to look at him and he smiled. It was unclear to you if it was genuine or just for the sake of being polite. "~~~~~" he greeted in a low tone. You simply flashed a small smile and responded quietly "It's been a while." Before Chanyeol could say anything, the owner of the orphanage called for your attention and asked everyone to gather in the function rooms. 
 
You looked around for the table you were assigned to and, oh great, Chanyeol's seat was assigned right next to yours. You settled down and mentally prepared yourself for any possible conversations that he might bring up.  Seeing him sit beside you, he turned slightly to face you "how've you been? you... haven't grown much." he ended with a chuckle that made you want to pinch him. You chuckled along sarcastically and said "well, you're still ugly so.. i guess we're even." He clucked his tongue and payed little attention as the event began. "But really, how are you? your brothers? uncle and auntie?" he asked. You took a deep breath and faced him "We're doing fine, thanks for asking. My brothers have never been this busy and your parents?" Before Chanyeol responded he looked at you with his head tilted "You ask about my parents but, not about me? I'm hurt." you rolled your eyes and looked at him before responding almost instantly, "Your life is documented on the news almost everyday and frankly, I'm not interested. There isnt a lot to see." Your words shut him right up but, you heard him chuckle as he shifted his seat back to it's original position.
 
You didnt even notice. You were halfway through the event and you were having loads of fun. The kids were doing well with the reading and you enjoyed seeing them enjoying themselves. Then your phone rang and you picked it up after a couple of rings, "Hello?" "Hey uh.. it's Hyuk" you hummed as if to say 'yeah?' You heard him sigh slightly before he continued "Yeah.. the car broke down. I tried asking the other monkies if they could fetch you but I dont think any of us can make it." You frowned to yourself and messed your hair up a bit "Ah.. yeah? well, I dont have much of a choice" "Sorry, kiddo." You fell silent for a while before speaking again "It's okay. Not your fault. I'll see you at home. Thank you." Minhyuk apologized once more and put the phone down. Then out of the blue, a deep voice asked over your shoulder "You okay?" You jumped a bit and turned around to see Chanyeol. You nodded just to make him go away but your phone accidentally slipped out of your hands as you received a text. He picked it up before you did and managed to catch a glimpse of your other brothers' apology texts about the situation.  "So much for okay." he grinned, "I can take you back to your place." You shot him a look that was both uninterested and partially annoyed at the same time "no thank you." you whispered lightly. He poked your forehead and flashed another dorky grin "I said 'I can take you back home' I didn't give you much of a choice. Besides, I kinda miss the guys." With that, he just left. He didnt even give you the chance to try and decline. Well at least I don't have to be by myself.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hola, holaaaa. It's been a while :c gomen.
but, here you all go!! comments are loved