7

Promises Are Just Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

there will be some swearing below. not a lot but i'm just warning you :) children, go away.

Jessica sat on the chair inside her office, staring at the pile of papers on her desk. She was too tired to review them. This is her everyday routine. If she shows no interest for the project, then she will just slack off and transfer her duty to her secretary. That's one of the reasons why it is possible for some other company to buy their shares and properties. This is also why her parents arranged a marriage for her; so they could still keep their companies and shareholders. 

"Miss Jung, we have received a statement from the bank.  They're giving us another month to pay the loans. And the marriage isn't helping at all. Your father is considering the idea of selling SKY, our company's most popular shopping centre to Gaze International.'' Her secretary entered the room and gave her the contract. Jessica looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and teary eyes. 

''What non-sense are you saying? SKY is our only fortune. Did he actually say that? And plus,  Jinah haven't even dec---'' Before she finishes off, her secretary laid down another piece of paper that indicates rejection. Jessica swallowed. ''Gaze rejected our offer. I've heard that they rejected HAN Group as well. No one knows why.'' Her secretary informed her. 

''What's going to happen to us, then? If Kris finds out, then we'll completely hit the ground.'' Jessica sighed in frustration. She bit her lip and wiped out all the things on her desk. This is just too much. After being forced to marry someone even if that person likes someone else, another problem approaches her. ''That Im Jinah is a . If we get back on our tracks, I'll surely bring her down.'' Her eyes twitched in anger and irritation.

On the other hand, Jinah was sitting peacefully next to Kian in her office. ''One day, you'll take over this company and you're going to have to read a lot of requests. Do you wanna be like mom?'' She asked while tidying all disorganized materials inside her room. 

''But CEOs don't have enough time to do what they want, do they? I don't wanna take over the company, mom.'' Jinah stopped what she was doing, surprised at how Kian could answer her question maturely. ''That's true. But if you do the right thing, then you wouldn't be as busy as others.'' Jinah replied and continued to clean the room. ''I'm quite interested though. I wanna try how it feels like a CEO one day.'' He added and his reply made Jinah look at him. ''I was reading the newspapers. I saw that Gregoire Construction's heir is engaged to Miss Jessica. She's really pretty. Mommy, would you also arrange me with someone as pretty as her?'' He laughed at the thought but Jinah rolled her eyes in absolute annoyance. 

''Don't mention those people again, okay? Look at Luhan as an example. He's great. I think he's hardworking but his girlfriend dumped him. You should look up to him.'' Jinah replied. She almost finished arranging the papers. ''I've never seen him before. But since you said he's great, then I might search him on the net. But mom, I think that Kris guy is really cool too. Can't you date him?'' She froze. That was an unexpected question. She should've prepared herself so when the time comes, he will understand what on earth is exactly going on. But it's going to be tough, this child's just 4 years old. Jinah just decided not to tell him the truth and let him be so he wouldn't be too affected. She must act normal despite her emotions.

''No sir, you're not allowed to come inside. I'm sorry, no -- sir!'' Jinah could hear her employee's voice warning someone outside. ''Don't worry, you won't get fired. Me and Jinah are very very close. I have an appointment too.'' That usual deep voice transmitted through the walls of her room. At that exact moment, she found it hard to move. It was as if her legs were stuck on the ground. The door opened. 

Kris entered Jinah's office, barging in without any permission. But this is Kris we're talking about, so he'd probably not care about anything else aside from himself. She instantly ran towards the door and locked it. The door knob twisted and she knew that this situation was confusing for Kian. Kris leaned on the door, he tried to find out what was going on inside. "Jinah, it's Kris. Open the door, sweetie." That was a slip of the tongue. Everyone in the office heard it though. After all, memories are hard to forget. Especially if they're already engraved on the heart. It will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter