3

Promises Are Just Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

''I'm Kris. Kris Wu.'' He introduced, staring deeply into Jinah's eyes as if their souls were connected.  Jinah felt electricated when she heard his voice. The voice that she longed for years. His eyes that were the stars of Jinah's dark night. But the feeling from her past seemed to have changed. 

Kris was thinking if the person sitting in front of him was the girl she loved before. She's changed. The girl who had an innocent aura disappeared and replaced by an unknown person. *So is this what she did to my money? She used it to make her own company. Isn't she a genius? I must have been really stupid before. And the baby ... she aborted it. Now I see why my mother wanted me to leave her. I was betrayed.* Kris thought as his eyes looked deeply into  Jinah's. And she couldn't do anything but ignore him. 

While Jinah on the other hand, tried hard to ignore Kris' glares. She didn't know why Kris looked at her like she did something despicable. 

''It's nice to meet you two. My name is Im Jinah. Just in case you don't know. It's true that you look really pretty. It's a pleasure to meet you.'' Jinah replied, but looking at Jessica and acting as if Kris wasn't even there. But when she said, ''I've been dreading for years just to meet you.'' She turned to Kris and then smirked. We could say it's a smile but if we read between the lines, it is a smirk. An arrogant smirk. 

After the awkward silence, Jinah received a message on her phone. ''I was just wondering ... Who is my dad?'' From Kian. She read it but did not reply. Perhaps, her parents must be talking about Kian's dad right now. 

''Sorry about that. I just got a text.'' Jinah excused and Jessica smiled. Jinah realized that Jessica is actually a nice person. Different from the news she heard about. 

''It's okay. Anyway, I heard that you graduated with a Masters Degree. That's really amazing. I can see it in the status of your company.'' Jessica commented. 

''Yes I did. I had to work really hard though.'' Jinah replied shortly. If she gave a longer reply, it might just lead to a conversation about the past. She doesn't want that. 

A few minutes has passed, the HAN owner finally arrived. A man wearing a Versace Sunglass headed onto their table. She hoped that it wouldn't be awkward. 

''I suppose you're the CEO of the Han Group Inc?'' Jinah asked. The man sat down and crossed his legs. Then he took off his sunglass. He looked familiar to Jinah. He was the guy she met just yesterday at the bar. *Oh Gosh. I think I'm in more trouble now.* She thought.

''I'm Luhan. CEO of the Han Group Inc.  Yes you are right. It's nice to meet you.'' Luhan introduced and smiled at Jinah. Luhan stretched out his arms, wanting a handshake. Jinah then shook her hands with his. 

''It's nice to meet you. My name is Im Jinah.'' Jinah said and faked a laugh.

''Since we're all here, why don't we order food first?'' Jessica suggested. She then clapped and the waitress came to get their orders.

As Jessica talked to the waitress, the atmosphere became gloomy. 

''Do you remember me?'' Jinah faced Luhan and asked. It seemed as if Luhan didn't hear her. He just stared at her with a blank expression on his face. Then blinked. 

''I'm sure it was you.'' Jinah raised her eyebrows and tried to remember the guy's exact facial features but she couldn't.

''I'm guessing you guys already know each other?'' Kris then interrupted. He caught their attention. 

''He's one of my business colleagues, Mr. Wu. And so are you.'' Jinah replied. Then Jessica finished talking to the waitress. 

''We'll pay the bill for the meal.'' Jessica said and smiled. 

''No! Don't! I'll pay it. I will feel bad if you won't let me.'' Jinah protested.

''Excuse me!'' She called the waitress. ''I'll pay the bill, okay?'' Jinah added and the waitress nodded.

''Let's get straight to the point then. I'll be looking at the products, systems, software and processes of your companies. We don't really need shareholders at this time. But if the quality of your business is exceptional, then I'll consider it and give it a chance. However, there are circumstances to this process. I have no idea why the HAN wants to be a shareholder. I mean, your company is big enough. You have markets, branches and associates around the world.'' Jinah explained. 

''We decided to choose your company because it is the leading mall in Korea, Malaysia, Japan, China, Philippines and  Singapore. Possibly in Asia. Our company would only want companies that's really popular and outstanding quality. I assure that your company will be in good hands if you choose to agree on our contract.'' Luhan said, convincing Jinah. 

''Besides, our company is leading in the western countries. It will be a good choice if we merge our malls and company. Don't you think so?''  Luhan added

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter