4

Promises Are Just Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

''She's not that kind of girl, Jess. She's different.'' Kris protested with an angry tone of his voice. He then got out of the car and slammed the door, leaving Jessica inside. 

Slowly, he walked towards Jinah's car. Drops of water drizzled onto Kris' skin as he knocked on the window. 

''Why are you here?'' Jinah yelled in surprise as she rolled down her car's window, allowing access to talk to him. When Kris was about to reply back, the vibration of Jinah's phone tickled her skin. She took it out of her pocket to see who was calling her. 

''Kian calling ...'' The screen showed.

Jinah swallowed. Rain was pouring, road was closed and mosr specially, Kris who can easily see anxiety written all over her face, was just a few centimeters away from her. Luhan looked at the two. *This two is messed up.* He thought. He coughed to break the silence as Jinah just stared at her phone, not knowing what to do with it.

''Why don't you go inside your car first? Jessica must be waiting.'' Luhan interjected, saving Jinah from this critical moment.

''That's right. Uhmmmm, let's just try and find a place to stay before it becomes dark.'' Jinah replied. Her eyes were on Luhan but she was technically talking to Kris. 

''Fine then.'' Kris muttered with a poker face and walked out. He headed to the car and slammed the door shut. Again. 

''Is something wrong?'' Jessica asked as she noticed the unpredictable expression on Kris' face.

''Everything is wrong.'' Kris whispered, Jessica was unable to hear it though. 

''D'you want me to drive?'' Jessica suggested and poked Kris on his shoulder. 

''Can you not touch me, please?'' Kris dodged and shook his shoulders like Jessica was some kind of bacteria he needs to get rid of. 

Jinah beeped her car, signaling Kris to manoeuvre. Kris then drifted the car making a squeaky noise. He rolled his eyes; his facial expressions showed no sign of happiness. His eyebrows furrowed and he kicked the gas pedal of his car, accelerating his car. 

A moment of Kris' grievance passed quickly; the sun has gone down. The sky was of deep blue colour and the moon was visible. 

''Ugh where can we actually stay? We've been going around this place for almost two hours and a half.'' Luhan complained. 

''Go and tell your secretary to get a helicopter for us then.'' Jinah replied, rolling her eyes until she noticed a sign board advertisement. 

''Newly opened hotel! 70% discount if you're a couple.'' The sign showed. Jinah thought about it first and then looked at Luhan. 

''What do you think about that?'' Jinah asked. 

''Seriously? 70%? I ain't going to that hotel. Who's crazy enough to give 70% discount?'' Luhan shook his head and made a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter