6

Promises Are Just Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The night passed and everything settled down. Except for one thing; Jinah's bitterness towards Kris. She still could not get over with what happened the night ago. It was terrible for her; he even had the audacity to ask her those questions. What more is that he acted as if he was the only victim. He felt guilty for no reason. He brought up the past and now, he has no idea of how he could face her again. If he didn't ask her then his thoughts would not be haunting him at all. They were only meant to negotiate and not dig through their past. Unfortunately, he was unable to control himself. His feelings are still there for her. But does she still feel the same way? 

Kris waited for the morning to come, so he could escape this place and try to erase the foolish mistake he had done. He had no intentions for doing it, but sometimes emotions can be unpredictable. Sometimes you just feel like doing something and then regret it afterwards. That's how life works. You do something wrong and the consequences will be unbearable. Before Jinah knew it, it was already 10:00 in the morning when she found out Kris and Jessica already left. Luhan was still inside his room, thinking if Jinah's awake. Should he wake her up? Or should he just let her rest?

She rubbed her eyelids and stretched her arms. Her back has gone numb from staying in the same position for about 10 hours. When she sat up, she took her phone and looked at the time. At that moment, she immediately dialed Luhan's number and told him to go down so they can leave. They hoped that the road was already repaired. Luhan had his breakfast and brought cereal biscuits and water for Jinah. She thanked him for his thoughtfulness but with that, she stopped talking to him. She was never going to reveal another life story to him. He already knows a lot. The things she shared might lead to her downfall. With his company's credibility and popularity, he could just easily bring her down by releasing her information to the public. It's okay to be nice. But sometimes kindness can also lead to self-destruction.

''I'll quickly drop you by your house. No further questions Mr. Lu. Let's pretend everything was just a dream. Everything I told you about, they're all lies.'' Jinah stopped the car and talked to him without even looking. ''It's okay. I'm not going to do anything. Just let it all out Jinah, or else your heart will rot. You know, sometimes it's good to have someone to confide into.'' He replied but that angered her even more. ''Mr. Lu, I don't make comments about your life and I hope you do the same towards me too.'' She looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter