1

Promises Are Just Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinah stood up and stared down at the city. Smiling, she faced a large window that shows the whole city. As usual, she would see cars, buses and people roaming around the streets. Unexpectedly, her past came to her thoughts. The ambience of the town reminded of what she was before. Not a bad person, of course. But somebody whom nobody cared for. 

What she was before was something she would never want to talk about since it was a very troublesome experience for her. But although her past was regrettable, she would not be where she is right now if not because of that. 

''What would you like to name your son, my dear?'' The nurse asked her with a smile.

''S--ss-son? It's -- a - b-boy?'' She stuttered and the nurse nodded.

''Let's name him ... Kian.'' Jinah replied and a tear rolled down her cheeks. She stretched her arms out and the nurse gave her the baby. The innocent look of the child gave her happiness. She smiled but she also couldn't stop the excruciating pain her heart is giving her. 

''Your name is Kian and I am your mom. Do you know where your father is right now?'' She said as tears gushed down from her eyes. For nine months, she withstood being isolated. The thought of her son being neglected by his father made her feel like somebody mercilessly took her heart out of her chest. The fact that his father's family would never accept him as a part made her senses feel numb. Her son would suffer more than she did. Now, they were just thoughts. She regained her strength and look at her this time. You will see a face full of determination and hope. She never gave up for her son. From being the poor person everybody insulted to a girl everybody envied. Could you imagine that?

Her stomach growled and she realized that it was already time to eat. She walked towards the door and opened it. She saw that her secretary was about to knock but she already opened it.

''Oh, Good Morning Miss Jinah! These are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter