Roommate

Dorm Improvement

It’s a nice Saturday evening. A group of boy just move in to the new dorm. It’s a group of student who have special ability in some subjects so school management consider them as “special student” and name them Shinhwa. 

The boys are : 
English master and student representative ; Eric
Dancing master and vice student representative ; Minwoo
Mathematic master ; Dongwan
Singing master ; Hyesung 
Sport master ; Junjin , and 
Science master, acceleration student ; Andy.

This group of boys are their school’s trophy miner, that’s why school give them special treatment by separating them from the other student hoping their skill and ability will improve.

The dorm is a bit old but comfortable enough. It has two floor, a large dining room with large refrigerator and complete kitchen set. Thanks to the headmaster who had considered about the six boys posses equally extreme consuming behavior. Three rooms which is equally big and bathroom in each inside so they will not fight over shower anymore. And there’s  backyard where they can play freely afterschool.

After arranging stuffs here and there and had dinner, the boys is already fatigue and just about to have a proper rest before someone  bringing up the roommates issue.

“Ok then, I want to sleep with Wannie.” Hyesung lighty speak while picking up his brown teddy bear. Yes, brown Teddy Bear! He bring that dolorous thing everywhere since diaper and can never sleep if it being apart.

“Oh no you can’t! Cause I’m the one who will sleep with Wannie.” The boy named Minwoo stand then grab his shoulder, halting his step. He’s bit shorter..err.. ok, way shorter but more handsome and good looking compared to the skinny and pale one.

“Minu-yah, you can sleep with anyone. You will not disturbed even the volcano erupt near your ear. But I can’t, I have very sensitive ear you know. Even ants step will annoy me.” The pretty boy whining. He just want a peacefull life and he believe Dongwan will be an ideal partner to built up a calm and peacefull room. Plus he’s an mathematic master he hope he can improve his mathematic skill with him.

“Hey boys calm down. Why are you talking about me as is I weren’t here? At least you can ask my opinion first.” Dongwan raise his brow. The boy is about same height as Minwoo but more muscled.

“Ok, choose your roommate. Me or Hyesung?” the dancer boy ask impatiently.

“Well, I prefer with Jinnie actually.” The mathematic master way far from their expectation. Hyesung is nag person that he cant stand and Minwoo is just too hyper and tricky.

“Noooo!! I want to sleep with Andy! He wont stay late night like you” Junjin protest. 

“Jin-ah! Andy is going to be my roommate so stay away.” Now its Eric turn to complain.

“That’s not fair hyung. That’s seriously not fair. You don’t have any right to decide about it even you’re the elder!” The younger shout.

“That’s right hyung. Who says I’m gonna be your roommate?” its Andy, the youngest among them and the most calm. 

“Ok, is that mean you choose Jinnie over me?”

“Can I choose Hyesung hyung  instead?” eyes blinking. He likes Hyesung neat character and he need that neat room to study. 

And everyone put their palm over head for things become more complicated because none of them is willing to give up.

“Alright guys calm down. Lets just make draw.” The mathematic master come up with a bowl of balls on his hand. “Its six balls here with different colors” He put the bowl on the table. “There’s two red, two yellow and two green. Boys who get same ball means they will be roommates. Red stay at upper left room, yellow at upper right room, and green will get the groundfloor room. Everyone agree?”

The boys nod silently, realize this the only way to solve their problem.

“Everyone now lets shut our eyes and take only one ball on my count. One, two, three.” 

They dip their hands into the bowl and clutch their ball of destiny. Here it comes the moment they open their eyes and their balls…

“Yes! I’m with Andy!” the athletic boy jump in happiness because he’s holding green ball the same with Andy’s. The maknae stay calm like nothing happen and drag his belonging immediately.

“Wait, Andy-ya! I’ll help you!” Pick his damn big bag and tailing Andy.

“Wannie, I won our last bet right? Have you done my homeworks yet?” Minwoo grin in victory, patting Dongwan’s shoulder while playing his red ball. And Dongwan hang his head hopeless clutching the same colored ball.

“From all that living creature, why it has to be you?!” Hyesung pull his hair in desperation, awfully staring the leaping yellow ball he just throw and mentally saying goodbye to peace.

“Watch your words tweety or I’m gonna throw you out the window while you’re sleeping.” Eric grit his teeth. Hyesung definitely his last choice but now everything turn upside down.

“Oh yeah? And tell me how can I sleep if you snore along the night?!”

“No I don’t!”

“Yes you are, sly!”

“Yah! You two, shut up and bring your here quickly!” Minwoo yells from second floor. 

Hyesung and Eric half hearted bring their belonging to the same room. Each avoiding to look at the other. But this is how their new life begin. Half hearted.