Pretending: Final

Pretending (Haesica songfic)

Donghae and Jessica got stuck inside but it wasn’t by accident. Someone locked them inside the room and wasn’t willing to let them out until they clear their problems.

“Are you sure about this?” she asked him

“Trust me, they’ll thank us after this” he said smiling

“Sica will definitely kill me” she said and he chuckled

“No no, I know twinnie. She’ll be mad at first but then she is going to thank us” Heechul said

“Ok…” she said still unsure

“Trust me Fany” Heechul said “When did I do something that went wrong?”

Tiffany opened to speak because she could remember a lot of times when his plans failed but Heechul put his finger on her lips.

“Don’t answer that” he said and she laughed

“Why don’t we listen to what are saying?” she suggested

“I love your evil mind” Heechul said and Tiffany blushed. They went closer to the door and tried to listen to what they were talking about.

“Heechul, Tiffany?” someone said and they jumped scared. They turned around shocked and saw Siwon and Yoona walking towards them.

“What are you doing?” Yoona asked curiously

“Hum… I should ask the same question” Heechul tried to get rid of the situation by asking them that. Both Siwon and Yoona blushed.

“We just went to eat something” Siwon replied

“What are you still doing here?” Yoona asked again and saw the closed door. “Who is inside there?”

“We locked Donghae and Jessica inside there” he said giggling along with Tiffany. Yoona and Siwon smiled.

“And you were listening to their conversation, am I right?” Siwon asked and they nodded

“I hope they get back together” Yoona said crossing her fingers.

“Let’s all listen to their conversation” Heechul said dragging them closer to the door.

……………………………………

(Inside the room)

Donghae was still trying to open the door unsuccessfully. Jessica was just staring at him and sighed. She never imagined something like that would happen to them, not even in her worst nightmares or in her best dreams.

“It’s worthless” he said tired and sat down on the floor next to Jessica.

“You should have stopped a long time ago” she said kind of making fun of him

“You should have tell me to stop!” he complained

“Well, would have listened to me?” she asked and he didn’t know what to say. It was their first “conversation” after such a long time of not talking to each other and it just felt weird. Donghae turned his head and stared at her. She looked as beautiful as always and she was making his heart flutter.

All of a sudden, Jessica turned her head and she noticed that he was staring at her. He looked away blushed and she looked down blushed as well.

Her heart was beating faster and she hated that feeling. She didn’t want to feel that way when she wasn’t sure if he still had feelings for her.

“Jessica…” he suddenly said breaking the silence

“Yes?” she asked not looking at him; she was staring at the floor.

Donghae took a deep breath before saying what was on his mind.

“Is there a possibility that you… s-till lo-ve me?” he asked nervously. He looked at her anxiously waiting for her answer. He wanted to hear her say that she still loved him.

“Do you?” she answered with another question. She felt really nervous as well because she didn’t know why he was asking her that.

Silence filled the room. Donghae avoided answering that. His pride didn’t let him confess his true feelings. Jessica felt disappointed but still she had to pretend that was ok.

“Donghae…?” she said with a weak voice

“Yes?” he asked. She hesitated before speaking again.

“After we broke up…”when she said that she felt her heart aching. “I thought that… maybe we could still be friends but you completely ignored me”

Donghae looked at her sadly. He hadn’t realized until that moment that he had hurt her badly.

“I don’t really know why I did that” he said sincerely. “But you were indifferent to me too. You, became a real ice princess to me”

He was right. She had hurt him with her coldness too. Both of them hurt each other even though they loved each other very much.

“What happened to us?” she said with tear in her eyes

“I don’t know” he said trying to hold back his tears “Maybe we were too afraid of being close again”

“Why would we be afraid of that?” she asked looking at him. When their eyes met, they felt their hearts flutter.

“Because we were afraid of… realizing that we still loved each other” Donghae said “And that breaking up was stupid”

“It was because of that rule” Jessica said sad

“That didn’t stop Jjong from dating Sekyung or Shindong from dating Nari” Donghae said letting his tears fall

“Maybe… we were just too afraid of fighting” she said sighing “We were afraid that it wouldn’t work and that we would end up having our hearts broken”

Donghae managed to smile even when his heart was hurting so much. Donghae suddenly stood up from his seat and wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly. She gasped surprised but then she just hugged him back, enjoying that precious moment.

“Jessica… if I told you that I still love you, what would you say?” he finally found the courage to say it. He couldn’t stop his feelings anymore.

“I would say… that I never stopped loving you” she said smiling and he smiled too. He broke the hug and looked into her eyes.

“My pretty Sica” he said caressing her hair “I love you”

“I love you too” she said. He cupped her cheeks in his hands and placed his lips on hers kissing her.

When air was needed, they broke apart and he hugged her again. She buried her head on his chest while he caressed her hair. They had missed each other so much and all that time apart had been really difficult for them but they finally managed to confess their feelings for each other again.

While they were hugging, the door suddenly opened. Both of them broke the hug and jumped startled. Lee Soo Man was in the door and he didn’t seem really happy. Tiffany, Heechul, Siwon and Yoona were behind him and they looked kind of guilty.

“Mr. Lee, what are you doing here?” Donghae asked nervously

“I was wondering where were you two” he said and didn’t sound happy

“We were locked inside here” Jessica explained

“I know that. And I know who did it” he said and glared at Heefany and Yoonwon

“YAH! So you four…” Donghae said surprised

“Actually Yoona and I didn’t lock you” Siwon said and she nodded “But we didn’t open the door either”

“Mr. Lee did you…” Jessica wanted to know if he had heard their conversation but she was too afraid of the answer

“I heard every single word” he said 

“Yeah hum we couldn’t stop him from listening” Heechul said giggling

“Are you mad?” Donghae asked kind of scared of his reaction

“YES!” he yelled and they both were really scared of what he might do

“Mr. Lee I’m sorry but I’m not willing to let you break us part again” Donghae said with a serious tone

“No matter what happens, I will fight for him too” Jessica said. Lee Soo Man looked at them in disbelief and his expression changed.

“I’m not mad at you, I’m mad at myself!” he said and the six were surprised

“What?!” Donghae and Jessica asked

“Sorry for breaking you. It was my fault. I should have let you two date” he said sighing “I was just to afraid of might have happened to your popularity”

“We know you were just taking care of us” Jessica said and Mr. Lee smiled

“So… what is going to happen to us now, Mr. Lee?” Donghae asked

“I will let you be together” he said and they hugged each other excited “But… you have to keep it secret”

“We will keep the secret don’t worry” Donghae said smiling brightly

“No interactions outside SM building!” he said making it clear and they nodded “And please don’t break each others’s heart”

They giggled and hugged each other again. Lee Soo Man left and Haesica turned to Heefany and Yoonwon. They thought they were going to yell at them but instead they smiled.

“Thank you” Jessica said

“Ha see Fany, I told you” Heechul said excited

“Yeah yeah you were right Heenim” Tiffany said

“Now if you excuse us, I want to talk to my girlfriend alone for while” Donghae said pushing the four of them outside the room. Jessica just giggled and when their friends left, she smiled at him.

“You didn’t ask me to be your girlfriend” she said crossing her arms around her chest. Donghae chuckled and knelt down.

“Jung Sooyeon, do you want be girlfriend again and forever?” he asked smiling and she smiled back. She helped him stand up again and hugged him tightly.

“Of course I want!” she yelled excited

“No more pretending” he whispered in her ears and she giggled

"Yeah you are right" she said "No more pretending"

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. Now that they were together again, they weren't going to pretend that didn't love each other anymore.

THE END