Pretending part 2

Pretending (Haesica songfic)

Jessica’s POV

Why did they decide to pair me up with Donghae?! Why did it have to be him?! There are 13 guys in Super Junior for god’s sake!

Mr. Lee knows we used to date and he still pairs us! I couldn’t take it anymore so I just went to talk to him.

“Mr. Lee, can I talk to you?” I asked him

“Sure” he said and smiled at me

“Why me and Donghae?” I asked almost yelling. I think I was too loud because I saw Donghae turned his head when I said his name. “You were the one who made us break up, remember?!”

“I do remember, Jessica” he said seriously “It was for the sake of your careers”

“Then after everything that happened why pairing us?!” I asked mad

“It wasn’t my decision, blame SPAO” he said “Apparently some fans asked for Haesica so they agreed to put you together”

Fans? When rumors of us dating were spread, I gained thousands of antis, now Haesica has fans? I can’t believe it.

“Let’s get started” the photographer said and called me. I sighed as I walked slowly. I saw Donghae next to me and I just avoided his gaze.

End of Jessica’s POV

Donghae’s POV

“Why me and Donghae?” I heard she said almost yelling. That really broke my heart. Jessica doesn’t really want me close and I don’t blame her.

I don’t understand it either. Why did they pair me up with Jessica when they know we used to date? Not that I don’t like the idea but I feel really uncomfortable. We used to date and now we have act like a couple again?

“Let’s get started” the photographer said and I sighed. I walked to her side I stared at her. She looked up and I was shocked. She immediately avoided my gaze. I don’t know if I’ll be able to complete this photoshoot.

“Jessica, can you please hold onto Donghae’s arm?” the photographer asked her and I blushed

“Eh?!” she asked shocked

“Hold Donghae’s arm” he repeated. Jessica walked closer to me and I felt really nervous. I tried not looking at her. How to pretend that I don’t love you when I’m actually dying to hug you?!

I felt her hands were shaking when she put her arms around my arm.

“Smile please” he said. I tried to smile but I couldn’t because I was too nervous. My smile looked fake. I didn’t try look at her and see if she was smiling or not but the photographer didn’t seem pleased. He sighed.

“Guys, you look as if I was forcing you to do something terrible” he said annoyed

“Mianhae” we both said at the same time

“Let’s take a break ok?” he asked and sighed again. “I’m going to start with Yoona and Siwon”

He called Yoona and Siwon who were talking comfortably and joking around. How I wish Jessica and I were like that. I went to take a seat while waiting for Yoonwon to finish. I looked at my side and saw Jessica talking to Heechul.

I felt a great pain in my heart when I saw them so close. I wanted to stand up and take her away from him but I can’t. I cannot let anyone notice that I still love her.

End of Donghae’s POV

Jessica’s POV

I was kind of relieved when he told us to take a break. He called Yoona and Siwon and they happily went to start the photoshoot. I envy them because they are close and comfortable together.

Why can it be like that with me and Donghae? Who am I kidding? It will never be the same again. Donghae doesn’t love me anymore.

“Hi twin” Heechul oppa said sitting next to me.

“Hi” I said

“Why are so you down today?” he asked me

“You know the answer” I replied and he chuckled

“Look, I know that Donghae is probably the last man on earth you want to work with but it’s just work” he said. He made it look so easy but it wasn’t.

“Is not as easy as it sounds” I said coldly

“Can I ask you something?” he said suddenly and I nodded

“Sure” I said

“How did you and Hae break up?” he asked and I felt a pain in my heart. I didn’t like to remember that. “I mean you were the perfect couple”

“We… didn’t have time for each other so we decided that it was better to break up” I lied. Nobody knew that we had to break us because the company made us and it was better if they believed that we both agreed with that.

“So you mean you both were ok with that?” he asked shocked

“Yup” I said trying to sound as if I didn’t care

“It’s strange because I had the feeling that you really loved each other and wouldn’t let something like that break you” he said and I didn’t know what to say. He was right on the first part. We did love each other very much but it seems that we couldn’t fight for our love. Now we don’t even have a friendship.

“I think I have to go” I said changing the subject suddenly “The photographer is calling us”

End of Jessica’s POV

Donghae’s POV

The photographer called us again. This time we have to do it right or we have to stay here until late. Everyone had already left because they had their individual schedules so there was only Jessica, the photographer and me in that room.

Again he told Jessica to hold onto my arm and she did it. I felt my heart beating faster with the skinship. He told us to smile and he finally did it right. I heard many clicks and then I saw many flashes.

“Perfect” the photographer said pleased “You look really good together”

I felt really embarrassed and uncomfortable when he said that. I saw Jessica was feeling the same way as me.

“We are done for today” he said and I sighed relieved. “I have to go first, bye guys”

He left and Jessica and I were left alone in that little room. I felt claustrophobic suddenly because I had the feeling that the room was getting smaller. The silence was killing me and there was a really strange atmosphere between us.

Now that we are alone here, do we have to keep pretending that we don’t know each other and that nothing happened between us? Do I have to pretend that I feel nothing for you?

“I going first” she said suddenly breaking the silence. She walked to the door and I didn’t try to stop her.

“Oh no” she said suddenly

“What?” I asked

“The door is locked” she said shocked and was surprised too “I can’t open it”

I went to the door and tried to open it but I couldn’t. We suddenly exchanged worried glances. Things were starting to get really uncomfortable here.