Chapter 2

Who Knew?

Jonghyun’s POV

    I watched as Kibum drank his cocktail with elegance, occasionally swirling the concoction with a thin straw. He looked like a princess. I chuckled at the thought of him in a pink dress and tiara, unable to prevent the thought of calling him that. “So, Kibum, you going to explain who the hell that guy thought he was?” Kibum sighed lowly, an annoyed expression spreading across his face.

    “Kris; my ex-boyfriend. We broke up….3 weeks ago?” his voice suddenly gained a tone of frustration. “I say we, but what I really mean was that I broke up with him. He got annoying and clingy, as his life depended on me. So I ended it. Or at least tried to, he was pissed to say the least.”

    “Pissed?” I scoffed. “More like uncontrollable enraged.” Kibum laughed lightly at that, his voice faintly reminding me of chiming bells and I smiled. I looked over at his friend, who’s name I learned was minho, as he sat on the other side of Kibum looking vaguely uncomfortable.

    “Hyung!” I whipped my head around to see Taemin forcing his way through the crowd, a red jacket hung loosely over his shoulders.

    “Oh, Taemin. There you are,” I said with a calm smile while Taemin looked on in pure panic.

    “Jonghyun! What the hell was that? You could have gotten hurt!” Taemin nagged at me. I sighed and interrupted him.

    “But I didn’t.” Clearly annoyed, he rolled his eyes while crossing his arms.

    “That’s not the point Jonghyun! We can’t have you just running around doing what you please all the time.” I pouted. Since I was the older one, shouldn’t I be the one lecturing him? But, Taemin hadn’t done anything wrong...Finally, I groaned, annoyed.

    “Okay, Okay. I’m sorry Taemin,” I muttered.  “I’ll try to be more careful next time when dealing with drunk jerks.” He rolled his eyes at me again. He  had just opened his mouth to say something when Kibum interveined.

    “Look, Taemin was it? I’m sorry. Jonghyun really didn’t cause any trouble, in fact he helped  me out quite a bit. So please, don’t worry.” Kibum’s voice had turned soothing and Taemin’s facial expression changed. He bit his lip.

    “A-Alright. But hyung! Seriously.You need to control yourself.” I nodded about to go back to my conversation with Kibum.

    “Hey, aren’t you in my music theory class?” I heard Minho speak up. Taemin looked at him and his jaw slackened.

   “Y-yeah, you’re Minho right?” Taemin stuttered. I looked at him in suspicion, raising my eyebrow to get a point across. Minho smiled and Taemin’s face gained a light pink tinge.

   “It’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Minho,” Taemin nodded, shaking the others hand before taking a seat on Minho’s right. I smirked, someone’s been getting a little into the class if I do say so myself.

    “,” I heard Kibum cuss as he looked at his watch. “Minho. We need to go. Have you even checked the time? She is literally going to kill you this time.” Minho looked at his watched and his eyes reflected a shadow of fear.

    “Oh...No” He muttered slapping himself in the face.”Dear god have mercy on my soul,” I looked over at Kibum who was getting up ready to leave.

    “W-wait” I called out, not ready for Kibum to leave. Kibum was frantically getting things together telling Minho to hurry his up unless he wanted to die. “Can I at least get your number?” I asked, usually not going so straight forward but not seeing what other choice I had. Kibum looked up at me and smirked.

    “Call me Key. And If it’s meant to be I’m sure I’ll be seeing you again.” I frowned. Was I getting turned down? “Don’t worry sweetheart, we’ll definitely see each other again” And then he was gone. In a flash. So fast, I couldn’t even protest being called sweetheart. I decided to ignore it, hoping that I would see him again, and instead turned to face Taemin.

    “Alright spill. Minho?”


 

Key’s POV

    “Where in the hell have you been? Do you understand what time it is? Choi Minho, what in god’s name were you thinking? Are you prepared to face the consequences?” I shook my head, glancing at the girl who was yelling at an overwhelmed and terrified Minho.

    “Miyoung, please,” I bargained.  “He was trying to make me feel better,”  She glared at my attempt to intervene and I promptly shut my mouth. I knew better than to piss of Miyoung, that is, unless I had a death wish.

    “You said you’d be back at 12. It is now four in the morning Minho! We have class tomorrow and what do you do? Worry your sister sick with your whereabouts!” Miyoung rubbed her forehead as if to rub a headache away. Minho tried to talk, to make things better, but she put her hand up signalling that he should stop talking. “Nope. I don’t want to hear it. Goodnight Minho, Kibum.” That was that. She turned around and headed to her bedroom before slamming the door. Now it was Minho rubbing away a headache. I placed my hand on his back as a source of comfort.

    “Hey, at least she didn’t kill you” I tried to make a joke and lighten the mood.

    “Shut up,” he muttered, turned off the lights and headed to his room.

    The next morning I woke up around noon, thankful that I didn’t have to get up early like Minho or Miyoung. It took multiple stretches and yawns to wake up. I walked into my closet, examining its contents only to sigh in disappointment. Nothing to wear. Actually, that was far from the truth, it was just I didn’t feel like wearing anything that I had owned. That was honestly a normal day for me. Grumbling to myself, I picked out a simple flannel shirt jeans, jeans and a soft cardigan. Walking over to my kitchen I popped two slices of bread into the toaster while pulling out a cup for some orange juice. I sat down having an inner debate over what to do today. I could either go bother Minho at the University or go shopping. I smirked. Shopping it was. I would do a loop around fifth before stopping by the university. Placing my sunglasses over my eyes, I headed out, feeling much better about today.

    The door to my favorite shop swung open as I walked in. I took in the familiar odor that usually filled the store, a mix expensive cologne and new clothes. I felt almost at home, considering the amount of time I have spent here. My nose scrunched up slightly as I recalled the one time Minho and Miyoung had to literally drag me out of the store as I refused to leave. I my lips in anticipation, heading over to the male side of the store. As I browsed the shelves a thought popped into my mind; Miyoung’s birthday was coming up soon and I should probably buy her something. I was about to head to the woman section when I heard my name being called.

     “Kibum?!”

 

A/N

Ok, so the second chapter is up!

*cheers in the distance

We hope you guys enjoy! Feel free to comment or subscribe

Thank you! We'll work hard.

~Nel and Pika