Chapter 1

Fallen 1004 : Forbidden

"It is said that angels have been living among humans for thousands of years. They walk,talk and act just like any human beings. They even have jobs, own a house, and go to school if they have to. They have friends, they go on dates, and even go to parties. No one would ever suspect that they have been protecting us all this time. Look around you, to the person next you, maybe they're an angel?". Snickers went across the big lecture hall. Just then, the bell rang and everybody got up from the their seats while the professor yells over the noise to let us know our homework.

Celina is a journalism student in Caelum University at St.Catherines, Ontario.She got one of the 20 full scholarships the school was giving.The university campus is small compared to others and is located near the highway but far from the main town. The buildings are gothic style, but some of the rooms inside have been renovated for a more modern look. This is her first year and she decided to take Mythology as one of her electives. They have been studying about the existence of angels for the past couple of weeks. 

"Reading about angels again?" whispered Steph, Celina's bestriend, as she took the sit across the table. Ever since she got fascinated by their possible existence, Celina has been spending her extra time researching more about them in the small library of the school.

" Did you know that angels are mostly male and attractive?" she asked back, looking up from the book she was reading. "So are the men at the party that we are going to tonight" said Steph as a smile stretched across her face. She hasn't stopped talking about the freshman party thrown by the university to make the new students feel more welcome in school, since they announced it last week.

"You know I don't get it. School has already started for a month, we pretty much know everyone already. So why a party now?" finally putting down the book and giving her full attention to Steph. "Who cares! It's a party and you have to come. You wouldn't want me to get in trouble do you? Remember the last time you left me at a party?" Steph says raising her eyebrow.

" I think everybody in that party still remembers it. There's a video of you online falling off the porch and shouting 'Aliens are going to invade us!' while crying like a baby." 

"It's settled then I'll see you later at 7pm?" Steph begins to leave, obviously excited that her bestfriend is also going. "While for the next.." she checks the time on her watch " 5 hrs I will be locked in my room doing some much needed beauty preparations." she added before turning her back and walking out of the room.

Celina stands up to put back the book to where she found it. She has to walk all the way to the back of the library where most of the old books are stored.She walks past a room with the sign 'Students are not allowed' taped at the door."Somebody seriously needs to clean this area" she said to herself, covering her nose from the dust that are accumulating on the books.

"Now where did I find this again?" she said looking around, searching for a space where the book could possibly fit. "Ah, there!" she goes to the last shelf leaning against the wall, at the far left corner.

She placed the book back to its place. She turned around to leave when she saw two male students walk out the door. She recognized them as two of the students in the elite class.

Elite students are those that are in an advanced program.There are only about 20 of them and they take elite classes that sometimes go until nighttime. What those classes are, are only known among them and are kept secret from other students. 

"Are you sure you're ready to take care of your charge?" he said in a low pitched voice, as they stopped right outside the door. 

Celine takes a closer look at them through the books, theres only two shelves that separates her from them. They are both skinny, the one facing her direction has slightly darker skin complection, while the other who has his back towards her, has lighter skin. Although she couldn't be sure because they are both wearing long trench coats, the ones she usually sees models in magazines wear, she can only tell from looking at the back of his neck. 

They both have black hair, the lighter skinned one, has the sides of his hair shaved really short and the rest styled to stand up. The other one has a hoodie over his head. 

"I'm sure. It's been 100 years, after all I'm an angel, if I can't take care of a charge then what am I?" he said back. The other student placed his hand on the student's shoulder before the two of them continued to walk to the main part of the library. 

Celina stared at them and stood there for a few more minutes trying to udnerstand the conversation she just heard. "Charge? an angel?" she thought to herself. "Must be a line from a skit their doing in class" she said to herself outloud. There is no other logical explanation she could come up with. 

She went back to her room, in the dormitory, and started to prepare for the party. By then, she has already forgotten about the conversation she heard in the library.