Yongguk

One Shots

I opened my eyes slowly, staring up at the crisp white ceiling. The bright sky illuminated my room even though the blinds were still closed. I sat up slowly, ruffling my hair before getting out of bed. I put my feet onto the floor and sat for a minute before standing up. Walking slowly to the bathroom I brushed my teeth and got into the shower. I looked at the clock which sat on the wall behind my door.

I still have time.

I let the shower wet my hair, covering my face and dripping down my body. I breathed through my mouth heavily as I stared down at my feet before pushing my hair away from my face. I turned the shower off and wrapped my towel around myself. Getting out, I swiped my hand across the fogged mirror and stared at myself for a while. I briefly watched the water drip my hair onto my shoulders. I tightened my towel and left the bathroom. As I entered the bedroom again, I checked the clock which sat on my bedside table. 

I still have time.

I dropped my towel before opening my wardrobe and running my fingers slowly across the shirt which hung neatly. I picked out a beige button up shirt and laid it on my bed, then black jeans. I pulled some shoes out from the bottom of my wardrobe, some patent black oxfords. Then picked out a coat and a bag. Laying everything out on the bed, I stared at everything before beginning to get dressed. I took my time, moved slowly, felt the fabric caress my skin before taking time to breathe. I picked up my coat, bag and shoes and went downstairs. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I dropped my things before walking to the kitchen. I opened the cupboards and two green coffee mugs sat together on the top shelf, I closed the cupboard. I washed out a glass instead and poured some orange juice. I looked over at the wall clock as I sipped slowly.

I still have time.

I put my cup into the sink before walking back into the hallway and picking up my coat. I slipped it on and put on my shoes next. Picking up my bag and keys, I set out on my journey to the town centre. As I stepped off the bus, I was bombarded by crowds and crowds of people pushing busily to their location. I held onto my bag and moved my head quickly to see what was in front of me. I then saw a hand shoot up into the air and immediately I was at ease. I quickly moved forward, I saw a smiling face beaming from the crowd. I let out a sigh Yongguk...

I ran forward and hugged him.

"You got here late!" he laughed and patted my back.

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting" he took my hand and we started pushing through the crowd. 

We began looking into the gleaming windows of stores as we walked to our destination. I pointed into a store, we looked at clothes and we laughed at others. Yongguk stopped and brought us both small silver bracelets. He tied it on for me. 

"Here. I missed your birthday..." I smiled and held onto it before thanking him. He put his arm around my shoulder as we walked towards the cinema. A sequel to a war film Yongguk liked was showing and he didn't want to miss an opportunity to see it. We sat next to each other in the dark and held hands the whole way through the film. He kissed me, not one of those noisy, gross kisses that people do in public but he softly brushed his lips against my forehead, my cheek and then my neck. I smiled. He soon fell asleep, resting his head on my shoulder. I stared at the moving pictures on the screen.

I still have time.

The credits began rolling and I pinched Yongguk's nose. He quickly sat up and yawned.

"Sorry! Even though I was the one who wanted to watch it..." I ruffled his hair and smiled before standing up, pulling his arm so he would get up too. 

We walked out the cinema together and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders as we walked to the bus shelter together. As the bus came he pushed me on first and followed me to a seat near the back. We stared at the trees that quickly rushed past us. They were dotted with light and dark pink blossoms. Blue and yellow flowers ran along either side of the roads and we drove into the countryside. The road got bumpier but we stared at the fields either sides of the road which stretched far beyond the sight of our eyes. It finally came to the last stop and we both got off together, I ran into the field. I let the tall grass brush against my palm as I held out my hands and laughed. Yongguk watched from the road, I turned to face him.

I still have time.

I ran back towards Yongguk, he held out his hands and hugged me as I ran into him. We briefly stood for a moment before walking to a nearby shop. It was a small white building with two large windows either side of a glass door. I pushed it open, Yongguk followed me in.

"Hello dear" the woman behind the desk smiled as she looked up at me. I smiled back and browsed the flowers which stood against the wall, all hung up on display. I picked out white and red blossoms before going to pay.

"Would you like me to wrap them?" the lady smiled. I looked at Yongguk then looked at her and shook my head. 

"No thank you, they're prettier when they look free." the woman smiled again and nodded in agreement as she handed me the flowers. I smiled and thanked her. As we were leaving the store I check the clock which was placed on the wall behind the counter. 

I still have time.

Yongguk held my free hand as I held the flowers against my chest. We began walking down stone steps and the sun shone on us. There were rows and rows of flowers, some had died, others had been freshly replaced. I began walking between two rows of flowers until I got to the middle where the sun directly shone on my back. I kneeled down and so did Yongguk. I brushed the stone in front of me and began placing the flowers down, arranging them like a bed. My eyes began to sting as I continued slowly placing the flowers down. Tears then began to wet my cheeks. Yongguk put his hand on my shoulder, I laughed nervously. 

I stared at the stone in front of me. 

In Loving Memory...

I couldn't read the rest as I closed my eyes and began furiously wiping them, letting out sobs.

I wish we still had time.