Zelo

One Shots

I sat behind Zelo, his back faced towards me. I tapped him. He slightly turned his head, showing me his lazy eyes and emotionless face.

"Zelo... can we talk after class?" he only nodded before facing the front again. I never usually spoke to him in class, he didn't like it and neither did I. It actually made me uncomfortable. People would stare at us. Girls would scowl at me before beginning to pass notes around class and whisper. I ignored it all. I stared at Zelo's back. A light breeze hit his hair making messy. I waited for the bells to pound my ears before quickly standing up. I tapped Zelo again, this time he was bothered by it. He quickly turned around and sighed deeply while ruffling his hair. 

"I said yes didn't I, you don't have to remind me" he blew down before standing up "come on then..." he began walking out of our classroom. As I walked behind him, I felt eyes piercing my back like sewing needles pricking skin. Then the whispers began, half of what they were saying was true. The other half was fifty percent true. All I had to do was ask. Zelo lead me out into the corridors. Then we walked to the school garden.

"What is it then?" Zelo turned to face me, his usual cold expression made me nervous.

"It's just that this weekend... I heard you were with someone..." I clenched my fists waiting for his response.

"So? What's your point?" I stared at him. His expression didn't change neither did his tone.

"What do you mean "what's my point"?" my voice got louder

"I mean, why do you care?" It's always like this, he'll always go on dates with other girls. Sleep with other girls!! Of course I care! I always care! 

"Everytime! Everytime you're like this! We've been together for two years yet you haven't changed a bit!" I raised my voice and stamped on the plants beside my foot. My actions didn't ignite a reaction in Zelo except putting his hands in his pocket.

"If you're bothered by it then let's break up. It was you who wanted to date me in the first place" Zelo shugged. I grabbed his shoulder.

"Don't you care at all?!" Zelo shrugged violently to get rid of my hand, I let him go. 

"You knew what I was like from the beginning. It was your choice to put up with it" Zelo regained his composure "look I'm tired of this... being tied to one person is a hassle. You're a hassle." Zelo began walking away.

Yes. For two years I dated him and put up with his behaviour. I thought I could change him. I loved him. This kind of basis for love is something I knew would never work but I pursued it anyway. His frivolity wasn't my concern but it was that he didn't care. He didn't care about me nor himself. He didn't care about anything. 

I walked back to class. Girls and boys snickered as I entered the room. Someone must have heard us... 

I sat down, Zelo didn't look at me. My phone vibrated:

Come to mine tonight and get your things
                                             - Zelo 

I clenched my phone before putting it away. He put his away too. I sat through class staring at his back, drawing pictures on his back and writing invisible messages on his back. I didn't want it to end between us, I wanted him to care about me more than anything or anyone. 

At the end of the day the sky was already getting dark. I got up and began packing my bag.

"Hurry up if you want to get home before it starts getting dark..." Zelo picked up his bag and began walking. I followed him. He walked quickly, I tried to keep up with his pace but my legs began to ache. I stopped for a moment to catch my breath. I already knew where his house was. He didn't live far from the school so I wouldn't lose him if I stopped for a moment. I resumed walking at a steady pace, fast enough for me to handle.

When I finally reached Zelo's home, the door was open. I stepped inside and took off my shoes, locking the door behind me. I walked into his living room and sat down. I heard his footsteps running down the stairs before he entered the living room with a bag. It was a bag I had left at his home when I visited before. In it there were only a few small things but it still seemed like a lot. As well as a photo I had left at his place that I took of the both of us together. He walked out of the living room and entered only a few seconds later with a dark moss green coat. I had left that as well. He handed it to me, I dropped it.

"Zelo do we really have to do this?!" I got up and hugged his waist. I didn't want to let go. I squeezed tight. He began pulling my hands off him.

"Don't do this you're being bothersome..." I let go and pushed him. I pushed him again. He stumbled back and I pushed him a third time. Fine. Fine. Fine!

"You bastard! I'll forget about you then! I hate you! I don't want to see your face again" I pushed him again. I didn't know where my rage was coming from, possibly the two years I had wasted on him. "These two years will mean nothing to me! I hate everything about you!" I started to cry, he didn't try to comfort me. I grabbed the bag, put on my shoes and left. 

This time my pace was quick. My legs began to ache but I kept going. Even when it began raining, I didn't stop. Even when I was soaked from head to toe, I didn't stop. Even when I was close to my home, my pace only got faster. The pain in my legs was nothing comapred to the fury, anger and pain in me. I walked into my house and dropped the bag. I kicked off my shoes. Running up to my room, I took off my wet clothes, leaving them in a pile in the corner of the room. I was tired as I pulled on a sweater and curled up on my bed. I forgot my coat... I rubbed my face with my sleeves before sitting up. I got off my bed and pulled on some shorts. Running downstairs I picked up the bag. I went outside, the rain has stopped. Water only dripped from various places. 

I put the bag on the floor, lit a match from my pocket and set it alight.

When I opened my eyes the next day my head was pounding. I drank some water then washed up before beginning to get ready for school. My eyes were puffy and red. I put on some concealer. I gotta ask for my coat today... I sighed before picking up my bag. My doorbell began ringing. My mother answered. 

"Ah, Po, nice to see you again this morning" my mother smiled, Po waved at my mother then waved at me as I walked down the stairs. I smiled at Po. 

Forcing a smile was hard. 

I hugged my mother, put on my shoes then walked out with Po. Po was a school friend, we met in the first year. Everyone called her Po, she even called herself Po. No one knew her real name and she got angry whenever someone asked. Po was talkative and cheery all the time. She brought my spirit up.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh?"

"I heard... about you and Zelo..." 

"Oh that... no it's fine!" I laughed.

Forcing a laugh was hard. Po wrapped her arms around my shoulders and we continued walking. Po didn't say anything else.

As we reached the school gates, I spotted Zelo. He was surrounded by a group of friend. He laughed as if nothing had happened. 

"I need to ask him something.."

"Mmm, okay..." Po and I walked together, I approached Zelo from behind. His friends began whispering long before I got there. He turned around.

"Zelo, I-" Zelo scoffed before I could finish talking.

"Look, didn't I already tell you that you're bothersome? What the do you want from me?" My vision became blurry. I stretched my arms out to push him but he pushed my hands away. "I'm tired of this" Zelo turned away and began walking with his friends. I held my hands against my mouth and let the tears stream down my face. Po began rubbing my shoulders. I stifled my cries.

As I walked to class, Po waved goodbye to me. I wiped my face with my sleeve before entering and walked over to my seat. I sat down and put my head on my desk.

I didn't want to stare at Zelo's back today.

I didn't write any notes down. I just stared at the wall. At some point I began scratching it. So much so that my nail chipped, then broke and then it bled. My blood smeared against the wall. As the bell went at the end of the day, I sat up and tapped Zelo. He turned his head slightly.

"I want my coat..." I looked at my blood on the back of his white shirt.

"...Hurry up then" he picked up his bag and began walking. I followed and my finger.

As we reached his home, this time I didn't step inside. I waited outside. He looked back at me then handed me my coat. He was about to close the door but I stopped him. 

"Did you care! At all?! At any point?!" I dropped the coat again. Zelo sighed and leaned against the door frame.

"For a short time, in the beginning. But having someone to fall back on when things didn't work out with others was convenient for me. You were convenient..." 

I picked up the coat and dragged it just beyond Zelo's gate. I set it down and took a lighter from my pocket. He watched me. I set the coat alight. Anything that reminded me of him had to go. 

I watched it burn, so did Zelo. He was emotionless and so was I.

The fire didn't last long so I put the coat in the closest bin.

He closed his door and I closed mine.