Cinderella

Your Imperfections

-"Honey I'll be back at 8 pm, take care of you little brothers and do the chores"-

"Alright mother..." Lee Hi looked around the house let out a heavy sigh. "...alright" Closing her phone she headed downstairs to her room and changing into something more comfortable. Heading upstaris once again she picked up a mop and dumping some soap with water on the floor she started to mop the kitchen floor and the entrance of the door. It's was 2:30, she had extacly 40 more mintues until her younger brothers would arrive from school and enough time to finish half of the chores. 

Hurrying up to finish cleaning the tables/countertops  and vacuming the living room, around the kitchen table and the hallways. Lee Hi finished just in time to cook them some food. Entering the door was her little brothers and her two cousins, that lived with them. 

"Hi, Sooyoung! Hi, Minhawn" Lee Hi waved to her 13 year old girl cousin with the 7 year old brother. They ignored her kind greeting and headed towards thier room which was in the first floor of the house. 

Taking off her brothers backpacks and sitting them down at the table, all three siblings began to eat. 

"So, Minho how do you say your age in english?" 

"I'm 6 years old" the boy replied with an acent. 

"What about you, Mun Hee?

"I'm 5 years old, noona" the boy with much difficulty replied. 

"Don't add the noona at the end, okay" all three laughed at the younger kid response. 

After they finished eating, Lee Hi told her brothers they could have some play time since she still needed to head downstaris and clean her room and her parents. Thank god , she cleaned the bathroom yesterday or else she would not have enough time to do her homework. 

It was 4:45 and she had finished all the chores for the house. 

"Lee Hi, next week is still your turn to do the chores, right?" Sooyoung's mother asked.

"Yes, aunt. Why do you ask?" 

"No, nothing really. Just clean better next time, I see toys spreaded in the living room and it looks like a compelte mess." the older women gave Lee Hi a mad look and went back to cooking.  Lee Hi noticed that her little brothers had taken out their toys and tossed them all around the living room. 

Picking them up and heading back to downstairs to help her brothers with their homework. She spent about 30 minutes on each sibling, helping them understand their work. 

It was six o'clock and she still needed to do her homework. She spent about two hours on her homework and reviewing it for better understanding but it would take more time since her younger siblings would come bashing through her door crying because while play fighting some one did get hurt or they were hungry.  Senior year is really hard on Lee Hi and looking up colleges took another hour. Studies all togther was a hard task to complete everynight but she manages it well to get it done. 

-"I'm going to be late, put the kids to bed"-

"Alright mother." she weakly said looking at her mother's text. Heading towards her parents room only to find her brothers sleeping she went back to her room and checked the time. 

"10:45, gotta go take a shower"  Taking her time to shower. The only time of the day where didn't need to be in a rush or think about anyone else. Of course she liked helping her mom by doing all the chores, since her mom is busy selling beauty cosmetics by the evening and  being a cook by the mornings. Her mom worked really hard but even harder after her oldest daughter decide to quit on the family and start her own. Lee Hi and her older sister aren't really that far apart only two years, her 19 year old sister got pregnant at 16 and left to live with her boyfriend. Leaving the older sister role to Lee Hi, who never really expierenced it, of course she had two younger brothers but the 12 year old between her and the youngest still gives her an awkward feeling plus she isn't a big sister who likes to interact, not even with her own parents.

Lee Hi felt her life getting harder when her mom had the third child, Minho. Her dad really wanted a boy and he was happy dispite all the financial problems and a year later her mom have birth to Mun Hee and brought greater joy to the family or at least to  her parents. Lee Hi never really asked for anything or complained, she was kind of a loner at school. Her sister was the quite the opposite of her, always having friends come to her house, hanging out after school, nagging her parents to buy her the stuff that was trending. It was hard for her parents and Lee Hi hated see to see that. That's what led her to stay "yes" to everything her parents asked of her and it became easier when her older sister left. It wasn't a command anymore it just became a habit to do everything. 

Her mom's brother family lived with them, they are nice...sometimes. Lee Hi couldn't complain how dirty it was when it was their time to do the chores because they never really did it. Yet they complain when it comes to Lee Hi doing it. Another  brother of her mom used to live with them but moved out. That was Lee Hi's favorite uncle, TOP would always buy her delicious food and help her around the house.  Even though the uncle living with her right now was nice too but he is bewitched by his mean wife, sure Jiyong would listen to his niece more but his wife just didn't like living with another family, she wanted her own house but Lee Hi's uncle, Ji, just couldn't afford it.

And so her uncle TOP started to call her Cindrella, because she did it all.  Everthing that she just couldn't actually find time to have fun with her guy bestfriend, Xiumin. It's life what could she do, all she hoped for is that her life could have the same happy ending as Cinderella. What girl wouldn't what that? To end up with someone tall, dark and handsome but even she knew that it's all just a fairytale.